Storeroom and Chests...

For builders to discuss and ask building questions.
Lerytha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Storeroom and Chests...

Post by Lerytha » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:02 pm

Hello. I recently thought of the idea, for the area I am building, of a storeroom where people who are members of this area can store their items. However, the big drawback to this, is that people will end up taking items that aren't theirs.

So, I wanted to ask the following:

Firstly, is it possible to have a mob, on completion of a quest (e.g, to graduate from a mage guild) to give a PC a "PC's chest" (wherein PC is changed to the coded name of the character)?

Secondly, is it possible to place a command on that chest (or in the storeroom) to stop someone who isn't that particular PC getting an item out of it?

Thirdly, I know containers in dwelling storerooms mess the whole thing up. Is this storerooms in general, or just dwelling storerooms? If it is is storerooms in general, this whole idea might be doomed from the start.

I thought I would ask first, so that if its definitely not possible, I can be told. Meanwhile, I'll focus on the easier objects, till some of you brilliant builders can tell me if its possible. :)

Thanks for your time!

~Ol
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.

--Sir Winston Churchill

"This place is boring, I'm gonna go eat whatever I can find laying on the ground"

-- Hoildric

Cacie asks Larethiel 'Did that air just bow to you?
Velsavius
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Velsavius » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:57 am

A thought, what about upon graduation or joining of said guild a chest is given to PC and a key..
'Key of PC'
'Chest of PC'

Multiple chests could be stored in room yet 'unlock (players name) chest' would only work on that particular chest.

Breaks over.
Back to work :)

P.S Have to make the chests non-junkable during crash or reboot obviously.
Have a good one guys.
Zach

Post by Zach » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:15 am

is it possable to have one door, and many different keys that unlock the same door, but each key will unlock the door and open a different room?
Valdimyr
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Valdimyr » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:10 am

is it possable to have one door, and many different keys that unlock the same door, but each key will unlock the door and open a different room?
Well, I'm sure you could make a rpprog that would make it work how you wanted too. As I'm thinking at the moment, something simple like this comes to mind....:

Example:
white key (vnum= 0.1) corresponding room 0.1
black key (vnum=0.2) corresponding room 0.2
red key (vnum=0.3) corresponding room 0.3
blue key (vnum=0.4) corresponding room 0.4

rpedit add act unlock door

if_obj 0.1
redit exit north 0.1
else
endif

Now, I have never seen the if checks for this mud, so I'm not sure if they even have that ifcheck, but I am sure they would have something similar to that ifcheck and make it possible to do what you are wanting.
Sincerely,
Valdimyr