Question Channel

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Valdimyr
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Question Channel

Post by Valdimyr » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:30 am

Is there a way to cancel a question that you have asked?
Beit you have found the answer you were looking for before someone replies, or possibly that no one is on to reply to you and you don't have to keep seeing....

You ask 'I am still waiting for help on:.....

The rest of the time you are on.

The only method I have found to fix this is to log off and back on. But, it is rather hard to clear it that way, especially if you are involved in a roleplay at that current time and can't get away for a few moments while you log out and reconnect.
Sincerely,
Valdimyr
Tortus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tortus » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:14 am

Just type 'ask' again, and it will stop.
Moradin
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Moradin » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am

I was fairly certain someone would beat me to the answer, but I'll confirm that yes, just use 'Ask' again but without any qualifying text...

...Mainly, so I can poke fun at you Valdimyr and remind folks to use the Help Files and the board's search engine ;)

for example ;

Ask Is there a search function on the boards?

Meanwhile... Valdimyr discovers this post about the ask answer system
http://www.forgottenkingdoms.com/board/ ... php?t=5349 as well as all the information that Mask put under Help Ask and Help Answer

Ask

This echoes to the Helper channel that you no longer need an answer and closes the question to prevent repeats.
Me childr'n 'll make o' their sens yer greatest friends or yer most implacable foe.
If yer daft enough ti git on our wrong side ye'v only yersen ti blame.
Valdimyr
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Valdimyr » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:36 am

Duely noted. I appreciate the help and I am slapping myself in the head for this one.........
I am usually very good about using all possible help files on a MUD, I guess it had something to do with it being so late, and having had no sleep for the last 48 hours.

Oh well, just another day in the life of a cripple. Tired as can be, though the pain just won't let you go to sleep.
Sincerely,
Valdimyr
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:06 pm

Don't worry Val --

It gives me hope in the universe that I am not the only one who asks "silly" questions. And I can alway find some dooseys, if you ask anyone who has ever answered a question from me on the channel.

*thumbs up*

But at least I get the answer! :)
Confusion heard his voice, and wild uproar Stood ruled, stood vast infinitude confined;
Till at his second bidding darkness fled, Light shone, and order from disorder sprung.
--John Milton
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:33 pm

There are no silly questions, only silly answers. As long as you apply yourself and use up all available ideals and ideas before you ask, you cannot go wrong. Never be afraid to ask questions, because it's fun in some respects.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)