Ranking of FK

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Nemay

Ranking of FK

Post by Nemay » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:05 am

I myself on this day when the mud was down I decided to see what other muds were like...needless to say I wish FK was back...FK puts the other muds to shame...so my question is what is FK's ranking on the muds and stuff...Thanks!

Pibbs :P
Legault
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Legault » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:35 am

Yeah It kinda does put others to shame except for this other one that I know about But I dont think the admins would be to happy if I discussed it on the forums. I think the two are equal But Fk Is Really Really fun =)
Elwin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Elwin » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:53 pm

The biggest reason I love FK over other muds. The VT mini map. That thing helps out so well. There are other reasons, but the map is what my favorite feature.
From your friendly neighborhood ranger :)
Levine
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Levine » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:44 pm

I totally agree with Elwin. Moreover, this is the first MUD I've ever played in my whole life and its really helped me alot in my English. :D Well, when FK's down, I used to check out the other MUDs and I realised that FK is -loads- better. Its also the most colourful I've seen. *nodnods*
Must I kill them
To make them lie still
Lerytha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lerytha » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:27 pm

Having played on a MUD based on the Wheel of Time, which I -loved- with great admiration, passion, or whatever, I am happy to have finally found another place to call home. :D

The previous MUD is still going, but most of the regulars left after a changeover of owners, and so I am the only on ever on on my timezone, and there are only ever 5 on during the "busy times"

The first thing that made me wide-eyed and in -love- with FK, was the fact that there are almost -always- people online. For someone like me, part of a (I think) minority of Europeans, it is great to be able to RP during the day, or the evening...

The second thing is the enforced RP. I find this brilliant, and very few of the other MUDs can match the dedication of the imms, Newbie Council (and normal players) in making sure that everything is IC. I have seen players policing -themselves- without any prompting, and it is this atmosphere that makes me enjoy RPing here.

Thirdly, is the -scale-. While others MUDs -might- be larger, I enjoy the way we can travel through (almost) all of the Forgotten Realms, encountering enemies and friends just as we can in real life.

Hmm... what else? There is just so much...

Oh yes - the forums which enable people to post questions to improve their RP, and also to create a "community" feeling which was lacking in my previous MUD. The Player Status thread, for example, provides people here a chance to see where characters are OOC - that enables people to remember that everyone else has lives away from their character.

Also, I love the RP here - original, sometimes hilarious, sometimes sad, there is not a day goes by when I am bored on FK.

I hope this MUD never stops being attractive to new members.

From ME, the giant suck-up :D
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.

--Sir Winston Churchill

"This place is boring, I'm gonna go eat whatever I can find laying on the ground"

-- Hoildric

Cacie asks Larethiel 'Did that air just bow to you?
Elwin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Elwin » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:55 pm

I also think FK is better than most muds, because it seems they put more effort into it. Most other muds are pretty simple. I play a mud where you can master anything reguardless of class. and it took me four hours to master every spell in the game and master all the schools in it. See, much more effort put into the game here.
Zach

Post by Zach » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:55 am

Though this is my first mudd, i do try other mudds from time to time, to see if anything better is out there, with no avail...i think it is because of the training program FK has, with the newt and all, giveing you the basic skills, if you need any help...the help file is endless and ever helping! the help file alone is a reason to switch to FK...there is a help 'time' for god sake! so anyways...yeah...FK is the best, and i am on a MAC so there are no apps out there that would suport the VT client in FK and for that i am really dad :-(
Gwain

Post by Gwain » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:31 am

I appreciate the dwarven accent function, my hands hurt less if the typing is straight forward, without it I could never play a dwarf properly. A marvelous idea and a great thing to use.
Elwin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Elwin » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:31 am

I love the help files. So many times I have had questions that were answered without having to bother another through question. ANd the dwarven accent actually got me playing a dwarf. I didn't want to before because I was afraid of nto being able to get the accent down.
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:53 am

What I like about this mud is the imms and staff dedication to the game. Bugs are soon fixed and Imms join in RP's to enhance them. The coding broadness is also just amazing. I also enjoy how the imms do their best to prevent breaking of rules, it really makes for a fun gameplay :)

I'd just like to say Thanks to players, imms, newbie council and everyone else. :)
Elwin
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Elwin » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:03 am

Yeah, I think I said that before, but I wish to reiterate(spelling?). I think the staff here is the best I have seen. They really take an active role in the going ons of the game. They are the best! :D
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:27 pm

Elwin wrote:Yeah, I think I said that before, but I wish to reiterate(spelling?). I think the staff here is the best I have seen. They really take an active role in the going ons of the game. They are the best! :D
*raises his hand up high* I second that!!!!
To all the IMMs and anyone who has an active role in the administration of this game, THANKS!!! This game is my first experience with any type of RPG. So without the helpfulness of everyone involved, I would be lost and that goes to some of the players out there. When I first started I had no clue what was going on, but for the most part everyone was very helpful and gladly answered any questions I had....so keep up the good work everyone.
Jeff
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Arnon

Post by Arnon » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:21 pm

You did indeed spell reiterate correctly Elwin. I think we all can agree here that FK is the best MUD out there. I have played a few that were frankly quite disappointing. One of my friends suggested it and I decided that I would try it, even thought I had had bad experiences with it before, but so far I am amazed with it's quality.
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:22 pm

It might not be a bad idea for players to post such positive feelings on mud ranking/listing boards out on the net. We don't generally solicit such things, but with the upcoming change of host and more, it could bring more players.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:21 am

Though... I wonder... with the possible change of host, and possible change of name, will the comments and reviews carry over?
Zilvryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zilvryn » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:30 pm

It's worth posting views, even if the hosting/name is going to be changed. People should know how good this mud is. Even if it's name changes, it's reputation will carry over with it.
What matters the most is how well you walk through the fire.
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:53 pm

FK puts all other MUDs to shame. There is no comparrison. I have had my diffrences with the admins, and they were all results of my dumb choices. The admins put up with me, and others that are like me. And they are volunteers just here to have fun like us. The admins, and the players on this game are so friendly, and for the most part the game is "family friendly" with the language, and all that.

Thank you admins for your patients, and the second chance.
Forgoil
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Forgoil » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:26 am

Heh heh even though I've broken a few rules on the game mroe tahn once I am really impressed with the immortals and the admins and everyone else who put in so much of their time and effort into making this game and that we as players do not have to pay for. Wheneve rI get bored or anything, BAM i get on this game.soo thnaks for the game everyone and I'm going to have to agree that this is undoubtedly the best MUD game out there! :D
"This is my shield, I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my brother on my left. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of it's shadow nor my city out of its shelter."
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:43 am

*If* you enjoy the way FK is coded an rund, please visit the "support FK" menu at the top of your screen and vote for us once/day. It really helps. Better yet, take the time to post a review on those sites. Several have outdated or NO reviews.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity