[EVENT] Faith Drive

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

[EVENT] Faith Drive

Post by Dalvyn » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:06 pm

What is a Faith Drive?

"Faith Drive" simply designates an event where faith managers and/or immortals make themselves available for faith-related roleplays, especially the questing of hopeful followers and the faithing of those who have already completed their quests.

Some faiths do not have faith managers/imms (or mostly inactive faith managers/imms). Some faiths have faith managers/imms who can only log in the game during limited periods of time that might not coincide with the players' availability. Faith drives are set up to give a focus point when both imms/faith managers and hopefuls can try to log in and meet each other.

If you are interested in taking advantage of a faith drive, try and bring your character somewhere near the (main) temple dedicated to your deity, or near the usual gathering place for followers of this deity. It's even better if you can make the journey there before the Faith Drive starts, so you do not lose too much time in journeying.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:32 pm

Faith Drive - end of February

We plan to try and set up a Faith Drive sometime near the end of February 2007, most likely on a Sunday. The date will be Sunday Feb 25th.

Here's how it is going to work. I am going to list all the following options in this post and add, next to each deity name, the period of time when the faith manager and/or deity are going to be available to quest and faith hopefuls. We plan to try and have all deities represented.

Now, obviously, I cannot know when all faith managers and deities are going to be available, so I will ask each of them to PM me this information. I would like the information to be presented in the following format:
I will be available from X to Y on the day of the Faith Drive.
where X and Y are links to this site corresponding to the starting and end time. If you can be available from (for example) 2 to 3 then 5 to 7, that's fine too... the longer you are available, the better it is. Instead of PMing me, imms can directly edit my post and add the time (less work for me). If you (imm/FM) cannot make it to the Faith Drive, please send me a PM and I will try to find an imm who can take your place.
  • BESHABA : NOT SET YET
  • CHAUNTEA : from then to then (6 hours)
  • CORELLON : from then to then (2 hours)
  • CYRIC : NOT SET YET
  • GARL : from then to then (2 hours)
  • GOND : from then to then (3 hours)
  • GRUUMSH : from then to then (2 hours) and from then to then (1 hour)
  • HELM : from then to then (3 hours)
  • ILMATER : from then to then (2 hours on Thursday Feb 22nd) and from then to then (2 hours on Thursday Feb 22nd)
  • KELEMVOR : from then to then (2 hours)
  • LATHANDER : NOT SET YET
  • LLOTH : NOT SET YET
  • LOVIATAR : from then to then (6 hours)
  • MALAR postponed until bug fixed
  • MASK
  • MIELIKKI : from then to then (4 hours)
  • MORADIN : from then to then (2 hours)
  • MYSTRA : from then to then (2 hours)
  • OGHMA : from then to then (3 hours) and from then to then (3 hours) and from then to then (3 hours)
  • SELUNE : from then to then (6 hours)
  • SHAR : from then to then (4 hours) and from then to then (3 hours)
  • SUNE postponed until bug fixed
  • TALONA postponed until bug fixed
  • TALOS : from then to then (3 hours on Monday Feb 26nd) plus from then on (seek Khara on Sunday Feb 25th)
  • TEMPUS : from then to then (2 hours)
  • TORM : from then to then (2 hours)
  • TYMORA : from then to then (2 hours on Thursday Feb 22nd)
  • TYR : from then to then (2 hours)
  • UMBERLEE : From then to then (2 hours on Thursday Feb 22nd)
  • WAUKEEN : From then to then (2 hours on Thursday Feb 22nd)
  • YONDALLA : NOT SET YET
Last edited by Dalvyn on Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:00 am, edited 12 times in total.
Saradin
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Saradin » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:41 am

Will this work the same as the last one in that faiths that are currently closed will be open to all for the drive?
Oghma
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Oghma » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:58 am

As far as I know no faiths are currently closed.
Only Bane is not accepting because he has yet to be brought into the game.
May you find the knowledge you seek. If you find something else, it is still knowledge, and as such, still a gain.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:32 pm

Several faiths still have no time. If you are an FM or an imm, please don't forget to PM me (or edit the post).
Belose
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Belose » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:11 am

I was wondering.. if we have 3 or 4 characters that NEED to be online, either to try and JOIN a faith, BE faithed, or just might need to be there if they ARE faithed already but who the Deity might need to RP with for various reasons, will we get in trouble for switching alts so much? My 3 main alts (Belose, Braeck) would like to take advantage of THEIR deities being around, and Frankkin just wants to be on if Yondalla shows up, just for fun! But I have some other alts who want to get faithed, too! Does this mean I will get penalized for not doing enough RP just to catch that slim time one of my deities is on? Or penalized or just get yelled at for trying to get too many things done at once? Or maybe just told I have too many alts? :? Should I just quit worrying and hope for the best? 8) Will Batman and Robin be able to make the same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel?!?!?!?! :shock:
What the Mind of a man can conceive, the Will of a man can achieve.
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:25 am

I just sampled a few of the links but I dont think any overlap.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:37 pm

I don't think it's too incredulous of an idea for HP's/IMM's to want rp before a quest.. I think you really may have to prioritize what you want from it. :(

Also, keep in mind, this event is set specifically to get new hopefuls moving. Anyone who plays a deity is going to be pretty busy, and are here for the new hopefuls specifically. We should try not to steal the hopefuls times up. :)
Beshaba potatoes.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:03 pm

Yes, major events should be avoided, since the first priority of that day will be questing hopeful and faithing those who have completed their quests.

Some major events - one for the church of Mask amongst others - were pushed back so that all those who want to attend it can (and do not have to log off because they need to switch to an alt).
Belose
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Belose » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:33 am

Actually, I was just thinking that I should have them on in case their deities needed to use them for quest helps or whatever. I'm sure if those deities want to use them, the can let my other alts know. I THINK they can check someone's account to see all the alts they play... :)
What the Mind of a man can conceive, the Will of a man can achieve.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:56 pm

Bumping this thread, since some parts of the Faith Drive (for some deities) will take place tomorrow.

I would think that the listing above is mostly final and that there will be no other modifications between the Faith Drive.

If you have
  • a character who intends to follow one of the deities who do not have any listed time, or
  • a character who intends to follow one of the deities listed above, but you cannot make it at the indicated time;
that is, if you need attention outside of the Faith Drive, please send a mail to themerchantsfriend@gmail.com prefixed with FAITH: and we will try and get back to you as soon as possible.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:25 am

If, when you are given a quest, you are told to seek friends to help you and journey with you, doing it might be part of the quest. That might also help you avoid ending up dead, or with a failed quest.

You are never ever required to do something on your own. The "M" in Mud is for MULTIplayer.
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:53 pm

Lord Duty's Loyal Scout will be journeying to the Temple of Torm's Coming in Tantras to counsel and receive audience from those who are seeking the path of the True God.

See the times above for Torm to know when to come. This is of course a freeform deal being a faith drive, so come when you can and as you are. I can stay a while after the alloted time if need be.
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki
Oghma
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Oghma » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:53 am

Because of the situation within the mud with saving, I have moved my times of availability, the first listed. Sorry for the short notice and inconvience.
May you find the knowledge you seek. If you find something else, it is still knowledge, and as such, still a gain.
Ooma
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Ooma » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:01 am

Oopz
Da gamez not be workin right, so Ooma just gonna sleep in and try again tomorrowz. Ouze Orkz dat be needin ta get da faith can also come to da feast if me no get to ouze dis weekend.

Powah to da Orks!
Ooma
(Also, please feel free to PM me )

EDITED TO ADD CONTENT BELOW:

Da Foehammah Say da gamez be fixed for now. All da orks who wantz to follow Da One eye bettah come see mez in da camp at da Shaman's tent.

Powah of Da One Eye !
Ooma
(Please check the link above for the appointed times today-Sun 2/25/07)
Last edited by Ooma on Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alaudrien
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alaudrien » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:01 pm

Is the Tempus faith drive still on?
I take only what I need and I need everything!

-Alyzlin
Lerytha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lerytha » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:38 pm

I am also really sorry, but I won't be able to be around at all tonight for the last of the Oghman time slots. Something's come up at home, so I cannot log on. I am really sorry, but if anyone wants to get in touch with me in game I can quest you as well (and there is another very active faith manager in the faith too, plus an active god so you may not even need my presence :) )

Have fun, good luck.
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.

--Sir Winston Churchill

"This place is boring, I'm gonna go eat whatever I can find laying on the ground"

-- Hoildric

Cacie asks Larethiel 'Did that air just bow to you?
Nedylene
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nedylene » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:43 pm

Unfortunately real life plans have changed. I will not be here for the time of my second posting. About two hours later I will be coming about. If anyone else is interested that I have not already spoken to, PM me and I will work a schedule around you.
Talos
Staff
Staff

Post by Talos » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:01 pm

Hey everyone,

Due to some tech. difficulties, I'm going to push the faith drive planned today further ahead, so it will take place two hours after the time of this posting.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but things did not work out completely as planned and work unexpectedly created a conflict that I cannot ignore. Once again, I apologize, but hope to see you in two hours!
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:18 pm

The Lathander Faith Drive will be Sunday, March 11 at 10:00 a.m. Arizona time. I'm not sure how to use the cool website that shows the times for all zones and only have a minute or 10 to spend even looking at the forums right now, so if another imm would like to make that happen for me, it would be apprecitated. I can devote quite a bit of time that day for FD stuff and plan to be on most of that day - of course, things could change on a dime. :)
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity