What will we do?

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

What will we do?

Post by Orplar » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:59 am

From the journals of the great sage Elminster ....
The gods made the kingdoms with pride. They made all manner of creatures, from the graceful elf, to the whimsical unicorn. From the magnificent griffon, to the terrifying dragon. From the humble human to the ugly orc. The creatures were a reflection of the many different natures of the gods. From the just Tyr, to the evil Cyric, from the beautiful goddess Sune, to the magical Mystra. They put the best of themselves into the kingdoms and the kingdoms flourished and grew.

Then came the day when one of the gods, Cyric, sought to cause strife among the other gods, and the gods had to turn their attentions from the kingdoms to the battles that had started between themselves. They battled with each other for the longest time, and they forgot the kingdoms that they had made with pride.

The people of the kingdoms called out to their gods, but to no avail. "The gods have forgotten us" they cried.

Time stretched into generations among most of the kingdoms' human population. Even the long lived elves found it hard to remember a time when the gods actively visited the realms and answered the prayers of their followers.

And thus the Kingdoms became known as the Forgotten Kingdoms...

Hahaha, just thought it was amusing under the current circumstances.

:) Hope everone had a smile
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Rhianon
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Rhianon » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:51 pm

Spring/Summer break where everyone can actually go out and get a real life, and have fun doing things in the real world, come back all refreshed and renewed, with new ideas, and plans for their characters. And give the IMM's a break as well. Well it could work..........couldn't it??? :?
Aliatris
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Aliatris » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:02 pm

"Luckily" I have too much work these days to think about FK
Nedylene
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nedylene » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:38 pm

Or if you are like me and are piss poor broke from fixing your car and spoiling nephews, you can stay at home and build so there is new places to explore in the mud. We always need new places.
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:33 pm

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with wanting to spend your Spring Break playing a game and doing nothing.

I know I run around like crazy constantly. So being able to hold up in my room and do nothing and see no one is actually ridiculously more relaxing than running around and doing all those errands you always put off.

But then again, I work in retail, and all people suck. :)
Confusion heard his voice, and wild uproar Stood ruled, stood vast infinitude confined;
Till at his second bidding darkness fled, Light shone, and order from disorder sprung.
--John Milton
Ealain
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Ealain » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:11 am

Orplar wrote:The people of the kingdoms called out to their gods, but to no avail. "The gods have forgotten us" they cried.
I'm willing to bet that the Gods will remember Orplar's name the next time he sticks his head up ;)

Shame on you, those Gods work damn hard for your pleasure
Amalia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Amalia » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:42 pm

Hey, come on. We can joke about our IMMs. They're not REALLY our Gods, after all :P
Dear Enemy: May the Lord hate you and all your kind, may you be turned orange in hue, and may your head fall off at an awkward moment.
Ceara
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ceara » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:04 pm

I work in retail too, in a discount retail store with both grocery and fashion, we get some 'winner' customers so it's pretty stressful. So when I get a chance I play to unwind. Unfortunately since the mud came back up my hours have been just nuts and I've been doing sleeping while not at work. This 6 day stretch doesn't end till tuesday :(. I'll try to get on before then though.