Charging Myself

For builders to discuss and ask building questions.
Enig
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Charging Myself

Post by Enig » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:53 am

Hello! Just a quick query here if you fellows don't mind overly much. I'm not really sure how much to charge myself ICly for the area I'm making. Since my character, Enig's responsible for building it ICly (an abjurer's guild), that seems appropriate, but I'm having a hard time quantifying the price of, say, a training room or a shopkeeper mob in platinum and copper. Anyways, general guidelines would be great, or I could put out an itemized inventory of the objects/mobs/rooms I've got planned. Either or, and thank-you in advance :)
Ninde
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Ninde » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:45 pm

I don't know the exact details as I am not a hard coder, but as I know of, once you write down everything in area file and it will be updated to the testport, items are being charged automatically for the city/item/quality etc.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:33 pm

You do not have to charge yourself anything. The price would most likely require you to go money-hunting for days. :)

Depending on your project, you can roleplay getting different kinds of sponsoring. You are building a temple? Roleplay that you have travelled far and wide to visit high priest(esse)s to get them to sponsor you. You are building a school/guild? Roleplay that you got money from the church of Oghma/Mystra/Tempus/Mask and from a few rich people who owed you a favour. And so on ...

We do not expect your character to spend (as in: give to an imm / sacrifice / whatever) any coin. :)