Your opinion on other players

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Daediana
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Daediana » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:23 pm

We kinda have a rating system already that works. We reward! I like it, makes me feel good when I get it! And that way there are no hard feelings if you don't get it!
Dugald
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Dugald » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:45 pm

I like the idea, especially if it's purpose is to keep people in character and not making a bunch of obviously ooc comments. My only concern is that it might drive away newer players, who haven't gotten the concept yet of playing in an immersive roleplaying game...one where it isn't suppose to be acceptable to drift in and out of character, even if you do think the joke is really funny or you desperately need to get that fly spell before you have to leave for work.

So maybe if you could not allow someone to be rated by others til they have logged so many hours, or reached a certain level, it might help them from accumulating negative points (or whatever unit you choose to use). Obviously that'd just be first character....I have no idea if this is possible.

People get really defensive when others critique them over their roleplaying...so maybe changing the term would help. In-Character enforcement (ICE) points or something. That way you can reward someone for interacting with you in character, and use the negative points to give a lil mechanical reminder that maybe having your hot rogue sing "Toxic" by britney spears whenever she poisons someone, just might be enough to lessen the fantasy roleplaying experience for others.

I'm for it, as long as the purpose isn't to judge the appropriateness of a PC's actions/dialogue based on alignment/class/race. The only people who know a character's motivations are the player...and an imm, if they choose to ask to create/further/rejuvenate a story.