[SPELL] Silent Image

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Vindur
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

[SPELL] Silent Image

Post by Vindur » Thu May 17, 2007 11:15 am

Silent Image
Illusion (Figment)
Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1

This spell creates the visual illusion of an object or creature as visualized by you. The illusion does not create sound, smell, texture, or temperature.
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Fri May 18, 2007 12:19 am

Hm, I'm all for new spells, but I was just wondering what particular purposes you were intending this one to serve, Vindur. I guess it's a bit pessimistic of me, but I could see it being used to swindle PCs (e.g. hey, neat magical bracelet, can I see that? *cast still/silent image, hand back fake* - or with plant and steal so that people wouldn't realize they had lost their things...). I'm sure there are legitimate uses, too, I'm just not quite sure what...

...unless I'm completely misunderstanding the spell and this doesn't create an image that can fool people as to its reality.
Amalia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Amalia » Fri May 18, 2007 12:37 am

Well, since it doesn't create texture, I'd think it'd be immediately obvious that any object handed back would be shown to be illusionary. If the spell were coded, it would presumably attach a "insubstantial" tag or something like to any object made by it.
Dear Enemy: May the Lord hate you and all your kind, may you be turned orange in hue, and may your head fall off at an awkward moment.
Tortus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tortus » Fri May 18, 2007 8:09 am

I'd use it to create a chair and invite people to have a seat. Clearly a most devious appliance of the spell.

I like the idea, and as Amalia said, without texture there shouldn't be much risk for any greater scams. ;)
Vindur
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Vindur » Fri May 18, 2007 8:26 am

Or for performing illusionist shows or for scaring someone else.
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Fri May 18, 2007 11:36 am

Vindur wrote:Or for performing illusionist shows or for scaring someone else.
Illusionists are allowed to emote such things (with the color codes this can be especially cool) so long as they RP it properly. However, I do agree that adding objects to illusion shows would be neat. Nice idea!
Kelvan
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Kelvan » Fri May 18, 2007 11:42 am

Would be nie for bards, too me thinks ;)

It could be handled like Ventriloquism (?), doing no real damage imho, just offering "fun"