Will we be having a ball sometime soon?

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Laurie
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Will we be having a ball sometime soon?

Post by Laurie » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:30 am

I always seem to miss them. I really do enjoy them too.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:35 am

Suggestion:

Perhaps the rangers and druids of Ardeep could decide to have a "social" (as social as they can) gathering happen in Ardeep to celebrate the removal of the demon threat, where they would invite all those who have helped in the rescue and their friends to partake the gifts of Mother Nature and share the tale? That wouldn't really be a ball, but could still be an interesting "social event".

(especially if they ask everybody to dress in green and they choose the food "You should try the white grubs... they taste wonderful, as long as you don't wash them")
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:08 am

That sounds neat :) Good idea! Grub sandwiches!
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:42 am

Actually, the Felgolos-driven group has a bit of unfinished business to attend to as well, so that would be a most welcome reunion! Discussion of the situation in deep Ardeep might also be a topic for the gathering.
Siria
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Siria » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:45 pm

That sounds really interesting. Though I'm not sure about the food ^^
If you ask things like "Does that Sandwich move?" and you get "yes" as answer.. maybe some people won't eat anything at all. But it would be fun *g*
Caelyvar
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Caelyvar » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:51 pm

I just have this feeling I wont get an invite *grins*
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:09 pm

I was also given the okay for a Sunite ball from Sune.

Just getting around to planning it is my problem. :D
Beshaba potatoes.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:20 pm

I'm happy to help with those events. For example, if you have a list of food items you want to create for such a ranger/druid event (the grub was a joke, btw), I'm fine with adding them to the game.

But I believe that the initial idea and the organization should be done by players. That's your chance to help make FK a better place.
Rhiel
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Rhiel » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:34 pm

Excellent idea! I'm all for it!! Well, IRL, September 20-22 is the Autumn Equinox, we could celebrate it around that time. That gives us plenty of time to plan and whatnot.

What say ye? It's as good a time as any, methinks. I was just trying to think of the days in FK which would be "druid holy days," if you will. But, we need to make this mesh with RL, don't we?

Perhaps there could be an open celebration, followed by a cleansing ritual led by druids, but joined in by everyone. (I say druids only because they seem best fitted for Nature rites.)

My original thought was motivated by the fact that Ardeep *wasn't* completely recovered from the effects of the invasion. It would be an effort to rid Ardeep of the last vestiges of any demonic influence (e.g. Bloodthorn said to be located in some places), followed by a celebration?

Any thoughts?!?
Raona wrote:
Bug testing follow-up: I just took a look at a dead shield dwarf, and it showed up as made from mithril.
Balek wrote:
This is not a bug. Shield dwarves are actually made of mithril.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:01 am

In the past, these events generally did include even Evil players, didn't they? I just think that the Rangers/Druids wouldn't be too happy with the idea of 'Evil' people coming along - even if they have no ill intent.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:51 am

Evils did attend gatherings in the past, such as Waterdeep Fair, as long as they agreed not to 'ruin the experience' for other event goers. However, an Ardeep gathering might be a bit harder to explain away IC (and OOC for that matter) compared to a Ball or Fair gathering.
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:01 am

Some events did, some didn't (include evil). I doubt this one would welcome that. Winterfest Ball and the Fair I think included all.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:21 am

Since evil characters require 200 kismet, they should all have at least one alt who can attend, so that shouldn't really be a problem.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:54 pm

Good deal. I will propose/organize a ball at a later date to include anyone wishing to come under the old requirements ("don't ruin other people's experience") - for the characters that can still be civil and would like to attend said event.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:59 pm

Dalvyn wrote:Since evil characters require 200 kismet, they should all have at least one alt who can attend, so that shouldn't really be a problem.
Unless they are pre-kismet folks with one character. :wink:
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Laurie
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Laurie » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:37 pm

I like the idea for a social event in Ardeep and also a ball that evil and good can attend. The more events, the more I'm NOT bored. :D
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:00 pm

To Sunites , Good and evil are not the same as to others.

It's plain and simple (Albeit pretty shallow.) Beautiful is good - evil is ugly. Inner beauty (good) radiates outside to make your beauty. Inner ugly (evil) does the opposite. Thuuuus, a Sunite ball would not be alignment restricted. :)
Beshaba potatoes.
Ceara
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ceara » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:38 am

A sunite ball may not be alignment restricted by what about Tempurians? Probably better just to hold it at a neutral city like westgate.

Also, given that some evils did help in saving ardeep I think it's pretty crappy that they would not be invited to the celebration of such and may icly create some angst. If everyone who helped was invited but them?

I would like to see some large scale evil rp's for a change. I've only seen one really that was the invasion in Berdusk.
The other where Beshaba got the luck staff, though evils found it first and were about to win the race for it, it suddenly *disappeared* and was handed to those of good. So I don't really count that as an rp geared towards evils, on the contrary.

On another note, why can't evils have a gathering where good alignments can't attend?
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:57 am

Ceara wrote:On another note, why can't evils have a gathering where good alignments can't attend?
I don't believe there's anything keeping anyone from organizing such, Ceara. The invitation to organize events is not specific to any given group - if the orcs can self-organize, so can others! But it takes one person willing to step forward and do so.
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:08 pm

I apologize to say, but I can see a few IC problems with inviting those evils that were involved in the Ardeep thing along. The circumstances of their "help" might have led to more than the usual enmities. I'm not totally opposed to that, but I think it could be some trouble. But that's just my opinion.
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.