Defriends?

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Pascus
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Defriends?

Post by Pascus » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:37 pm

I saw that there was a buff to make charisma go up, but is there a debuff for charisma to go down? Say a Enchanter is ticked at you and casts a spell to turn you uglier and hiddeous to others. Would make for some good rp :D
Aesin
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Aesin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:11 pm

Doesn't trollish vigor do this, I've seen Skye cast it and it says she become uglier.

Sorry Skye :)

-Aesin
-Evrud
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:10 pm

Aesin wrote:Doesn't trollish vigor do this, I've seen Skye cast it and it says she become uglier.

Sorry Skye :)

-Aesin
-Evrud
Aye, trollish vigor reduces Charisma for duration of the spell.
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Jaenoic
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Jaenoic » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:43 pm

At the benefit of raises con, however. But there does not seem to be any purely cha-debilitating spell, like there is for str(weaken) dex(fumble) con(poison, or was that for str too?) or int(feeblemind). I don't think there's one for wis either.
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:53 pm

Jaenoic wrote:At the benefit of raises con, however. But there does not seem to be any purely cha-debilitating spell, like there is for str(weaken) dex(fumble) con(poison, or was that for str too?) or int(feeblemind). I don't think there's one for wis either.
Ill fortune - Luck. :wink:

And poison is str and con.
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Tavik
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tavik » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:24 am

Just playing the devil's advocate here: Is there enough of a need out there to warrant such a spell? If the reduced CHA is what you are looking for, does the raising of the CON make a difference? (These are honest questions. I'm not trying to maliciously attack the idea).

On the note of a WIS reducing spell, I could see a use for it.
Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die. ~Mel Brooks
Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Glim » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:58 am

Roleplay reasons, really. You don't like someone (or to be even meaner, some Sunite), so you cast this "curse" upon them that makes them oogly.
Glim asks Gwain 'Can I be on the watch?!?'
Gwain raises an eyebrow.
Gwain seems to display a look of complete horror for a second...
Tavik
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tavik » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:14 am

Tha was sort of what I was getting at. RP is really the only practical reason I could come up with and if that's the case, what difference does it make if it boosts their CON or not? All the other stat dropping spells can be used in combat (as well as for RP) to give you an advantage, but the only advantage in dropping someone's CHA as it pertains to combat is that they won't gain as much XP. So if you aren't using it in combat, then the CON bonus isn't really going to matter and you still get the satisfaction of making that Sunite cry. :wink:
Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die. ~Mel Brooks
Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Duranamir » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:58 am

However an anti Wisdom curse would be useful, as currently a wizard can be completely crippled by the use of feeblemind (anti int) and there is nothing like that that can be done to a priest.

Duranamir
Glim
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Glim » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:50 am

Shush! Don't tell them that!!!! >.<
Glim asks Gwain 'Can I be on the watch?!?'
Gwain raises an eyebrow.
Gwain seems to display a look of complete horror for a second...
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:50 am

Tavik wrote:Tha was sort of what I was getting at. RP is really the only practical reason I could come up with and if that's the case, what difference does it make if it boosts their CON or not? All the other stat dropping spells can be used in combat (as well as for RP) to give you an advantage, but the only advantage in dropping someone's CHA as it pertains to combat is that they won't gain as much XP. So if you aren't using it in combat, then the CON bonus isn't really going to matter and you still get the satisfaction of making that Sunite cry. :wink:
Actually, it would cripple a bard to lose his CHA score, as that is the determining ability for their spells.

And, actually, if the feeblemind spell were coded properly, it should drop both your charisma AND your intelligence... to 1.... basically 1 step from vegetable. It would technically disable a divine caster from being able to cast either, simply because you wouldn't have the mental facility to do basically anything but sit there and drool.

Though, I wouldn't see why the coded spell couldn't be treated as a three-way penalty for all three mental stats, even if not that severe a reduction. The point of the spell should be to cripple an opponent caster.
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Post by Hrosskell » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:02 pm

Yes, but that still doesn't address a charisma-specific idea. We want you to be ugly, not stupid. You can be dumb as a rock, and still be hot.

I think a sweet one would be like.. Boils. Inflict boils.
Jamais arriere.