The place for Evils in FK

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:10 pm

We'd first need to have a solid project detailing what the lords should be able to do exactly, what situations they are going to deal with, and so on. It must be more than just a competition to get the title.
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:58 pm

Much agreed. The idea on paper sounds wonderful, but seeing if we can actually find enough people that will commit to the long term process may be harder then people believe.

I will lend my hand though, my daily time is abit limited, but I've been around for more then a few years and don't plan on leaving anytime soon.
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:59 am

I have a big question... is there still going to be the restriction of if your in this you can't be in some goodie groups?

This restriction in my opinion has held our world back for quite some time. I think this is why we don't have the numbers on the evil side. There is a sence of 'If I join this evil group, I won't be able to join that goodie group with my alt, which means missing out on all of those rps they have on the goodie side....'
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:15 am

Just a brief insert here, following a very useful meeting with a group of evil characters who've got a several decent ideas about evil organisations and roleplay.

I've given myself the task of looking into and either reviving, amending or burying the various FK organisations (note, that's the in-game orgs and not the player created orgs) with a view to better roleplay opportunities for evils and goods alike.

I can't say much more than that right now as I need to put together a set of specific discussion threads to gain your input. This should happen later today or tomorrow - who'd have thought that someone actually wants me to work whilst I'm at work :roll:

Please do keep posting here as this has all proven very useful information for me
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Vibius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Vibius » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:33 am

I think that is a really good idea, but I think as well that the harpers/city watch although they have a really interesting background they are likely to attract a specific niche of the good-aligned players, the organization that really could bring together the maximum number of not-evil aligned players would be the alliance of the lords.
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:36 pm

I think revising the orginsations in the way to go. Groups like the Harpers, the Zents, all of them are what make this world turn. And therefore they are what can make our world interesting. So revision is the way to go.
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Lerytha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lerytha » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:35 pm

Interesting article on MUDConnect:

http://www.mudconnect.com/articles/villian.html
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.

--Sir Winston Churchill

"This place is boring, I'm gonna go eat whatever I can find laying on the ground"

-- Hoildric

Cacie asks Larethiel 'Did that air just bow to you?