Forgotten Kingdoms Java client

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:47 pm

I unfortuantely dropped my java class this semester... I supppose a button could be written for the client to send those two commands to the mud to reset the screen. I am unsure how involved it would be to code FANG to accept the refresh command.
Moloch
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Moloch » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:18 am

doClick();
if (Click() == true);
{
system.out.println("vtoff"
system.out.println("vton"
}

*shrug* It shouldn't be more than adding a gui element and adding an action listener.
"My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to survive."
Hviti
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Hviti » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:33 am

I've found fang to overall be an excellent mac client, and I'm very thankful for it's availability.

However, it does have problems displaying descriptions with color codes - specifically, it adds spaces in before color codes in descriptions which are not present when those same descriptions are viewed in zmud or the like. Is there any way to fix this?
Mouat
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Mouat » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:00 am

While 99% of the time I am using CMUD on my PC, I have found in recent weeks, that I must use my wife's iMac. The only real problem I find is the small font, I wonder if Martin did not realize this due to the abundant Irish drinking he and Conor do/did.

Anyway, if there was a way to increase the font a bit, that would be great.
Oghma
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Oghma » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:35 am

Actually I found that telnet on a mackintosh machine is supperior than a personal computer, you can zoom in by typing apple and + and it allows you to see what you are typing. Though fang is better because it lets you see all the colours and telnet does not allow you to see black and grey or backspace well.
May you find the knowledge you seek. If you find something else, it is still knowledge, and as such, still a gain.
Mouat
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Mouat » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:01 am

I don't have it set up right, it works a little quirky for me. I'll try again, do you run it in vt mode?

It's not too much of a big deal, hopefully in a few weeks, my wife will be kicking me off her computer and I'll be back on my PC.
Oghma
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Oghma » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:13 am

I did yes. It might depend on the operating system though.
May you find the knowledge you seek. If you find something else, it is still knowledge, and as such, still a gain.
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:05 pm

THE solution for FKing on a Macintosh:

http://iterm.sourceforge.net/

It displays all colors faithfully, you can customize the font and size, and even the colors (I've tweaked mine to give darker dark colors and make the brown really look brown.)

Its only limitation, like most telnet clients, is you lose text entry lines if you go beyond one line of text entry, and try to backspace back to a previous line. Otherwise, it works fine.
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki