Attention Faith Managers

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Attention Faith Managers

Post by Mariela » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:30 am

Well hello!

I have taken upon myself to handle an update to the faith files in the help files. (Say that three times fast!) I am in dire need of all the faith manager's help with it.

It has been pointed out that the faith files on most of the faiths are really very basic. There is information missing off the files that has been giving some of the new players a bit of a hard time navigating through the gods of Forgotten Kingdoms. And this goes triple for faiths who have been strongly changed from what's cannon in a Forgotten Realms book.

What does this mean I need from the Faith Managers?
Please look at your God's entry in the help files.

Check the following:
-See if the information presented is correct!
It would be a shame if Cyric's information is stuck beneath Corellons!

-See if the links provided below the Gods name are things like, organizations that are part of the faith that are still availble for PC's;
For example, Selune has the Swords of the Lady and the Oracles. Are they listed? (Please check, even though Kelemvor might be altering some of the organizations in the near future. Go with what you currently know!)

-Check to see if your Faith Manger bio/description is linked and current
It doesnt' do anyone any good if you have overhauled your description and now the two conflict. I do believe Kregor is responsible for the descriptions but if there are alterations that need tob e done, I can pass them up through the food chain for you. I'm all about one stop shopping!

Additions!
-Allies and Enemies
Please send to me/post here in this thread, your God's current enemies and allies. You can take it straight out of the book, or give me the update based on teh RP involving the faith. You would know. You are the Faith Manager after all. You probably educate the masses about this constantly.
Example: Selune's Allies are Lathander, Sune, ect....
Selune's enemies are SHAR!.... and some other evil gods, ect.

Please be as specific as possible and make sure you include the faiths off the following list: Bane, Beshaba, Chauntea, Corellon Larethian, Cyric Garl Glittergold, Gond, Gruumsh, Helm , Ilmater, Kelemvor, Lathander
Lloth, Loviatar, Malar , Mask , Mielikki, Moradin , Mystra, Oghma, Selune , Shar, Sune, Talona , Talos, Tempus, Torm , Tymora, Tyr, Umberlee ,Waukeen, Yondalla

If you can cross relate the race related deities, awesome, but do not feel that you need to. If you are In charge of the very human faith of Mystra, do not feel that you need to add Corellon Larethian to your list. Not unless it's obvious that in the past RP that you guys are in fact allies. And also feel free to add deities that are not coded onto your list! Just make sure you hit most of the coded deities if they are applicable.

--Additions of anything else that you think the average person walking the street would know about your god.
Does this mean give up your church's secrets? No. But if you think the helpfile could be a bit more helpful to the average person, please feel free to include other tid bits. Especially if you are in a faith that would have some restrictions point blank to them before someone could even join. ( I can't think of any that come to mind, but I'm not the FM for a faith!)

You are more than welcome to PM me the information, or post it back to this thread. You are also more than welcome to pass this request on to your Inner Circle/Prelates as a faith assignment if you wish. However, I would like the information back ASAP. I plan to have the update done by Jan. 1st, 2008. So... the quicker the better!
Confusion heard his voice, and wild uproar Stood ruled, stood vast infinitude confined;
Till at his second bidding darkness fled, Light shone, and order from disorder sprung.
--John Milton
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Checklist

Post by Mariela » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:21 am

Bane
Beshaba - Under Revision
Chauntea
Corellon Larethian
Cyric - Completed (minus one minor correction on a related file)
Garl Glittergold - Completed
Gond - Completed
Gruumsh
Helm
Ilmater - Completed
Kelemvor - Under Revision
Lathander - Completed (Pink Ahoy!)
Lloth - Recieved. Waiting for Corrections
Loviatar
Malar
Mask - Completed
Mielikki
Moradin - Completed
Mystra
Oghma
Selune - Recieved
Shar -
Sune - Recieved
Talona
Talos
Tempus
Torm
Tymora
Tyr
Umberlee
Waukeen
Yondalla - Under Revision
Last edited by Mariela on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Confusion heard his voice, and wild uproar Stood ruled, stood vast infinitude confined;
Till at his second bidding darkness fled, Light shone, and order from disorder sprung.
--John Milton
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:00 pm

Good luck, :wink:

Would love to help out with Beshaba's files since our FM is MIA...but computer died so I cannot log in (such is life). But, I can hunt down deity info sites or something on my work computer if needed. PM me if there is anything I can help with...
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:40 pm

Would you like me to take care of Tempus' help file? Or will the player of Tempus be taking care of this? As far as I am aware, Algon has not logged in in quite some time.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Post by Hrosskell » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:07 pm

Kelemvor - Doesn't list either of the faith managers; Rynn and Hrosskell. Also doesn't mention his faith enemies, the largest of which is Cyric. Kelemvor also doesn't like Talona, too much, but not sure if you wanted that side info.

As for Beshaba - It looks pretty tight. Her organisations are listed, and her enemy (of course, it's Tymora) is mentioned in the description. Not sure if you wanted a link or what. Also, as Nysan has made us quite aware of, there isn't an active faith manager, so there's no link on that one.
Jamais arriere.
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:10 am

Well, if you can bug the FM via email, please ask him.
But as I see, it, if you both want to sign off on the Besheba thing or can thing of things to add, please give them to me.

When/if the FM manifests, or in case of Tempus, decides to chime in, we can alter the files to suit what they want as well.

So yes, Selveem please do Tempus...

Nysan and Hross, can you take care of Besheba?
--John Milton
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Post by Hrosskell » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:45 pm

Of course, on my part at least. Is there anything special you need done, other than her enemies? I believe her basic tenets are clear on the help file, and any further information would need to be gained through RP, such as little things her followers don't do. But anyway. Her help file is completely accurate, other than the lack of a faith manager - the two inactive ones are Merriman and Kirae, and I believe only Merriman has a helpfile.
Jamais arriere.
Dalvyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dalvyn » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:24 pm

Could you please add in each deity help file the alignment restrictions for (1) worshipers, and (2) priests?

I compiled them in the following table. Each line lists the name of the deity, then the worshiper alignments, then the cleric alignments. Note that when only druids are available, they need to have at least one 'neutral' component (so, either LN, CN, NG, or NE).

Code: Select all

Beshaba    Any (mostly CN, NE, CE)      CE
Bane       LN, N, CN, LE, NE, CE        LE, NE, CE
Corellon   LG, NG, CG, LN, N, CN        LG, NG, CG
Cyric      LN, N, CN, LE, NE, CE        LE, NE, CE
Chauntea   LN, N, CN, LG, NG, CG        LN, N, CN, LG, NG, CG
Gruumsh    
Garl       LG, NG, CG, LN, N, CN        LG, NG
Gond       Any                          Any
Helm       LG, NG, CG, LN, N, CN        LG, LN, N
Ilmater    Any                          LG, NG, CG, LN
Kelemvor   Any                          LG, NG, LN, N
Lathander  LG, NG, CG, LN, N, CN        LG, NG, CG, LN
Lloth      LN, N, CN, LE, NE, CE        CN, LE, NE, CE
Loviatar   LE, NE, CE                   LE, NE, CE
Moradin    LG, NG, CG, LN, N, CN        LG
Malar      N, CN, LE, NE, CE            LE, NE, CE
Mystra     Any                          LG, NG, CG, LN, CN, LE
Mielikki   LG, NG, CG, LN, N, CN        LG, NG, CG, N
Mask       Any but LG                   LN, N, CN, LE, NE, CE
Oghma      Any                          LN, N, CN
Selune     LG, NG, CG                   LG, NG, CG
Sune       LG, NG, CG, LN, N, CN        LG, NG, CG, LN, N, CN
Shar       Any (mainly evil)            LE, NE, CE
Torm       LG, NG, CG, LN               LG, NG, CG
Tymora     Any                          N, CN, NG, CG
Talos      LN, N, CN, LE, NE, CE        CN, LE, NE, CE
Tempus     Any                          Any but true neutral
Talona     LN, N, CN, LE, NE, CE        LE, NE, CE
Tyr        LG, NG, LN                   LG
Umberlee   Any                          N, CN, LE, NE, CE
Waukeen    Any                          NG, LN, N, CN, NE
Yondalla   LG, NG, CG, LN, N, CN        LG
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:18 pm

Hrosskell wrote:Of course, on my part at least. Is there anything special you need done, other than her enemies? I believe her basic tenets are clear on the help file, and any further information would need to be gained through RP, such as little things her followers don't do. But anyway. Her help file is completely accurate, other than the lack of a faith manager - the two inactive ones are Merriman and Kirae, and I believe only Merriman has a helpfile.
Incorrect, Beshaba's faith had a clearing lately. The only FM is Merriman, according to 'faith list', with second closest is Nysan at Prelate. *shrug*

Edit: I'll try and pull off a favor from a friend and see if I can log in either tonight or tomarrow on their computer and do a run through of Beshaba's helpfiles and faith list for errors.... hopefully :wink:

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:03 am

No problem Dalvyn. Your wish is at my command!

Nysan & Hross, Sounds good to me. :) Whatever you both work out.
--John Milton
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:32 am

Ok, got a few mins on a friend's laptop...

Beshaba's helpfiles look fine. Her only real enemy is Tymora and she doesn't have official allies, so that easy enough. Organization and domain links are accurate and working.

Umm, according to faith list, Merriman is the only FM...but inactive. We do have one inner circle member (how I missed that I'll never know) then Nysan at prelate. So everything is spiffy until the FM situation is figured out.

Side thought in general, since we are revamping faith helpfiles I have a suggestion. Descriptions of faith symbols in helpfiles. They would be common knowledge information to even a common street dweller, but newbies to FK wouldn't know them. Yes, no?

Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:47 am

Love the idea Nysan
Jysrak Armgo of House Barrison Del'Armgo -MENZO-
Jys/rak: Jys = Hard, steel, unyielding, /rak = Chaos, storm, tempest
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:16 am

I'll take Corellon. Naturally. Elves. Yay. ;)
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:34 am

You're the faith manager, of course you'll take it. ;)

The only way people are taking things otherwise is if the FM says they dun wanna do it, or there is no FM. :3
Beshaba potatoes.
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:41 am

Yea, not trying to overstep my bound or anything by jumping on Beshaba's files, FMs first in this project. Only offered my services due to lack of active FM... and my habbits of being on the forums alot, maybe too much. :wink:

Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:22 am

I am not worried.
There are some faiths that have special circumstances attached to them. And to be honest, when those faiths have their FM chime in, or want to see about different things added/subtracted, I am going to defer to the FM or God controlling said religion.

No system is perfect. :)

As for the faith symbols, that seems to be great idea to me. Anyone object?
--John Milton
Belose
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Belose » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:29 am

Frankkin has just looked at Yondalla's and it's not exactly right according to the help files, either. In the help file, it states this:

Requires her followers to be of Neutral to Good alignment. Her priests
must be of good alignment though Lawful Neutral is acceptable.

As for Faith Managers, Chester WAS the Faith Manager. He's MY hero!!!
But now there is NO FM listed as Chester is listed now as an Acolyte, along with Frankkin. And as there are only 2 halflings listed in the faith list besides US.. they are hopefuls and I haven't seen one of them in a LOOONG time, so I don't know if SHE really wants a faith manager or not.

Good thing I read the helpfile. After seeing the list in the post above, I figured the only reason Frannkin is a priest of HERS is that she really, REALLY loves him!!!!! 8)

P.S. Oh.. almost forgot.. since Yondalla's domains are the Halfling and Protection, at third level they have death ward on both domains so only that one domain prayer is available. I would think from the Halfling domain that spot would be best suited with something to do with food, like Heroes Feast...
mainly because I know gate or astral walk just doesn't seem right at that level, whereas Heroes Feast could be the best possible thing for it.. you know how hungry halflings are.. :wink:
What the Mind of a man can conceive, the Will of a man can achieve.
Rhianon
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Hope this helps

Post by Rhianon » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:32 am

God of Spring, Dawn, Birth, Renewal, Creativity, Youth, Vitality, Self-Perfection and Athletics.
His domains are Good, Nobility, Protection, Renewal, Strength, and the Sun.
He requires his followers to be of Neutral to Good alignment.

Lathander is also known as the Morning Lord.

Lathander favours those who dispel the undead and aid others. He blesses those who plant new life.

Many followers of Lanthander work in various creative arts, such as music, painting, entertaining, and the creation of works of fine art. Lanthander is also the god called upon to bless birth and fertility related ceremonies.

Novice clerics in the Lathanderian faith are called the Awakened, and they gain the title of Dawnbringer upon becoming full priests. In ascending order of rank, the titles in general use by the Dawnbringers are Dawngreeter, Dawnlord (the church does not use feminine form of titles often), High Dawnlord, Dawnmaster, Morninglord, High Morninglord, Morningmaster, High Morningmaster, and Sunrise Lord.

Most ceremonies of Lathander are held at dawn and actions and contracts agreed to at sunrise are said to be blessed by him. Funerals, among his followers, are held at dusk, and followed by a wake that lasts until dawn.

The church of Lathander sponsors a small restricted order of paladins and fighters called "The Order of the Aster".

The charge given to most novice postulants to the faith is:

"Strive always to aid, to foster new hope, new ideas, and new prosperity for all humankind and its allies. Perfect thyself, and guard ever against pride, for it is a sacred duty to foster new growth, nurture growing things, and work for rebirth and renewal. Be fertile in mind and in body. Consider always the consequenses of thine actions so that the least effort may bring the greatest and best reward. Wherever you go, sow seeds of plants, tend the growing things you find, and plant seeds of hope, new ideas, and plans for a rosy future in the minds of all. Whenever possible, see each dawn."

Lathander's dogma is filled with stories of optimism and perserverance. It is important to feel good about an upcoming event or else it will naturally go awry through negative thinking. Favorite sayings of Lathander include: "From death, life," "There is always another morning," and "In the dawn, beauty reigns, and the way is clearer." Far more importance is placed on acting in the service of Lathander by helping, encouraging, and aiding than in strict adherence to rituals, rules, and the dictates of superior clergy.

Death is considered a reward for the clerics because they are "going to Lathander" in the afterlife. Most clerics are not raised unless they are needed to finish a task.

Folowers of Lathander seek to build anew and to rebuild. They seek to make lands more productive and push civilization to improve itself through interracial harmony, cooperation, pursuit of the arts and progress.

His allies are Chauntea, Gond, Tymora, Tyr, Torm, Ilmater, Sune, Selune, Oghma and Mielikki.
His foes are Cyric, Talos and Shar.

Hope this helps, and is what your looking for.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:16 am

Sorry, justifying is all you. Text pad to forums makes kitty mad.

Selune
======
Selune is the deity of the night sky. She claims the moon and the stars
as her own. Selune is the protector of good lycanthropes. Her domain
includes Tolerance, Navigation, Moons, Stars, and Lycanthrope. Her
followers most often include sailors, questors, map makers, wanderers and female spellcasters.

Selune's Church's main objective is to fight off evil lycanthropy. The
church summons Her Shards, who are blue haired planetar servants, to help thwart the efforts of her sisters followers. Her temples teach of
practicing self-reliance and humility. They heal, and tell fortunes.
Selune is a strong supporter of feminine ways. She tends to have larger numbers of female spellcasters as her followers.

As Selune practices tolerance, her only foe is Shar. This term is used losely, as unlike gods who seek to destory eachother, these sisters only seek to undo the work of the other. A sibling feud turned into the feud of all time. Selune and Shar, twin sisters, once worked together to create heavenly bodies (Which included Chauntea.) They disagreed on what to do with these things they had made. As all siblings do, the two bickered on what to do with what they had created. When Selune brought forth a plane of fire and ignited it to warm Chauntea, Shar became enraged bringing her to attempt to undo her sisters doings. Turning her to try to erase all light Selune made. Thus the sisters have bickered since. Selune trying to shed light, Shar trying to swallow it with darkness.

To gain Selune's favor, you must respect the fallen. Laying them to proper burial, or creamation. Destroying the foes who dwell in Shar's domain(drow) grants a follower Her favor as well.

Followers of Selune may use their high favor to supplicate (see help
supplicate) for recall to a safe haven, and resurrection. If they are
extremely holy, they may ask for and receive artifacts of Selune.

Followers of Selune must be any form of good, lawful, neutral or chaotic.

Selune's church sponsors two orders:
Swords of the Lady - Priests only (Exceptions have been made)
Oracles of the Moon - Females only

(A) List of Deities (B) Moon Domain

(C) Oracles of the Moon - Selune (D) Swords of the Lady - Selune

(E) Travel Domain Bugoron & Lunette added here.

Oracles of the Moon - Selune
============================
The Oracles of the Moon is a group of female diviners who worship
the Night White Lady. They are trained to walk the moonpaths and have
visions of the future. Oracles may only be female.

To learn more information about this order, try to meet and speak ICly

with
a follower of that deity. You cannot roleplay being part of such an order
without the concerned deity's agreement.

Please note to become an Oracle of the Moon the training process is akin

to that of becoming a paladin.

(A) Deity Orders

Keledriel, leader of the oracles added here. (She is making a file.)
(-) Return to Selune

Swords of the Lady - Selune
===========================
One order of fanatic Selunites is known as the Swords of the
Lady, who are often referred to colloquially as the Lunatics.
Its memebers are led by a few Selunite crusaders who tend to act
rapidly in response to threats from Shar and her priesthood,
although their behaviour is often viewed as bizarre by the
public at large.

To learn more information about this order, try to meet and speak ICly

with
a follower of that deity. You cannot roleplay being part of such an order
without the concerned deity's agreement.

(A) Deity Orders

Bugoron is leader of the Swords, added here.

(-) Return to Selune
Beshaba potatoes.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:26 am

Rawr, justify. Ruby rose file is fine.
Sune
====
Sune is the goddess of beauty, love and passion. To a follower of Sune beauty is more than a physical factor. Anything beautiful undoubtedly good, while anything ugly is undoubtedly evil. To a Sunite, beauty radiates from within, and this is what they base the alignment of a being on. If someone is beautiful yet notoriously evil, there must be some good they are doing, as well as ugly and good.

A common misconception is followers of Sune and followers of Tempus are enemies. While Sunites may find them to be displeasing in matters of faith actions (Battle equates to scars, which is ugly.) They also strive to spread beauty love and passion, thus would never call them enemy, or hold a relationship of hatred towards them.

Followers of Sune do all they can to protect their beauty. Sune is unimpressed with those who
die as it doesn't enhance their beauty. She also doesn't like sacrifices or
digging up corpses as they are ugly rites. Sunites who have spells cast upon them are favoured by She, as it shows how adored they are by others.

Followers of Sune can be any alignment but evil.

Followers of Sune may use their high favor to supplicate (see help
supplicate) for recall to a safe haven and resurrection. If they are
extremely holy, they may ask for and recieve artifacts of Sune.

Sune's church sponsors a special order of the Ruby Rose. Members are known as
Brother/Sister of the Ruby Rose. The order consists of a limited number of
fighters and bards. To join a follower of Sune must stand vigil in a temple
for a night, if they recieve a vision of Sune or some other sign of favour
then they are admitted to the order.

Please note that Sune will no longer have an order of paladins. Those
characters already in training, will be the only paladins this game will
have.

(A) Charm Domain (B) List of Deities

(C) Order of the Ruby Rose - Sune (D) Protection Domain

Heartwarder Paige Kilmara added here. (Yes, yes, I'll get on making that.)
Beshaba potatoes.