Mounts and Minions

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Phata
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Mounts and Minions

Post by Phata » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:13 am

I had some questions about mounts and minions.

It seems when you have a 'pet' around during combat, if they aren't involved they well move away, is this in relation to handle animal?

I've also recently purchased a non mount pet, and it seems to wander all over the place. Just walks away from my character and doesn't seem to have any specific place to go. Is this also related to handle animal? Or are some 'pets' specifically built to wander? And if that is the case why?
Phata
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Phata » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:22 am

So there are no answers, nor suggestions on this subject?
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:30 am

Some mounts are set to be wimpy, ie flee when you enter battle.

As far as running free, that could be a bug, did it happen with only certain pets?
Phata
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Phata » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:46 am

I've only noticed it with the bugbear slaves in Menzo, I thought perhaps this might be a known problem so I tried posting on the board first.
Nedylene
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nedylene » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:52 am

One of the raven's you buy somewhere does it. One of my character has one and can't get it out of the sewer as it flees when a rat attacks ME not the minion
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:07 am

I have the mob and flag info and have sent an email into the builders adress adressing this issue.
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Grenwyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Grenwyn » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:05 pm

The large eagle at the Friendly Arm Inn has a tendency to wander as well. My character summarily dismissed him.
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:17 pm

Most non-combatant pets and mounts will have the 'wimpy' flag set. In any combat situation they will run one square away from the encounter.
If you feel a mount or pet should not ICly run away, then e-mail fkbuilders describing the mob and why you feel it should not be wimpy.
Generally, slaves, docile mounts and minor pets would all be expected to flee combat. War horses, body guards and feral pets would not.

Some pets have special profiles which amend their behaviour.

The general pet specification is that they rest when you rest and look for you when you are not in the same square as them.

If you wish one of these pets to remain stationary and you are not stablign them you must order them to sleep or they will try to stand and follow you when you leave the room.
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:56 pm

So there are no answers, nor suggestions on this subject?
Wow. This was posted less than 24 hours after the original question. I recognize that our board discussions are relevant to the game, but having less than a day go by without a response (and New Year's Day at that) is no cause for concern.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Ekina
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Ekina » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:25 pm

Phata wrote:
Perhaps you don't want those people who well leave because they didn't get insta-gratification, which could be understandable, but a good portion of the player base is probably going to be Americans, and Americans ussually like gratification early.
Poster is probably American? >.>
Lerytha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lerytha » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:14 pm

The country of origin does not affect the personality of a person. I don't want to start a big problem here, because I am aware it was probably said in jest, but even as someone who isn't American, I find the labelling of personality by place-of-birth (mildly) offensive, and I am sure that there are others who are probably more than mildly offended. :) Sorry to go off topic with that, I just thought it needed to be said.
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.

--Sir Winston Churchill

"This place is boring, I'm gonna go eat whatever I can find laying on the ground"

-- Hoildric

Cacie asks Larethiel 'Did that air just bow to you?
Phata
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Phata » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:14 pm

The reason I posted again, was do to the 68 views over the course of that day.

And I was wondering if noone was posting because they hadn't heard of the problem.

It wasn't a matter of concern, I was just curious if anyone had anything to say.

As far as Kelemvor's post, it isn't that it runs away in battle, or tries to find the owner if they weren't there, it was a problem with being in the same room as them, and them walking away. Which it's been a long time since I've played FK, but I've never seen a mob do that before, nor on any other mud.

And I was only making a post here, since I wanted to know if it was a known problem before sending an email to the builders list, as I'm sure they have much to do, and don't need a bunch of emails about the same thing.