Attention Faith Managers

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:06 am

This is a great page if you are looking for Deity info...

http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/
Jysrak Armgo of House Barrison Del'Armgo -MENZO-
Jys/rak: Jys = Hard, steel, unyielding, /rak = Chaos, storm, tempest
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:12 am

Nit picking me...

Are they Clerics?
Or are they Priests?

When it comes to the people who carry the faith....... or are they both? Are the words really interchangeable in our world?
Confusion heard his voice, and wild uproar Stood ruled, stood vast infinitude confined;
Till at his second bidding darkness fled, Light shone, and order from disorder sprung.
--John Milton
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:59 pm

BUMP!

The time has come Faith Managers!
I have gotten 1 God completely done... and should you all be shown up by Mask? Hell no! (But we do adore the Mask!)

Please PM me your information ASAP or post it back into this thread so I can pick it up and copy it into your God's faith file. I can only do so much!

Here's an example if you would like to see an example of a file. Just remember this is just the text for you. I am still working a bit with the actual lay out.... AND also this does not reflect the colorization I put with the holy symbol.
Mask
Master of All Thieves, Lord of Shadows
Holy Symbol - a red and black mask

Worshiper Allowed Alignments - Any but Lawful Good
Cleric Allowed Alignments - N, LE, NE, CE

Allies of the Faith - Occasionally Bane, Shar
Enemies of the Faith - Helm, Oghma, Torm, Tyr, Cyric, Selune, Waukeen

Mask is the god of thieves, thievery and shadows. Followers of Mask are
glorified by him for their undercover actions. They are favoured when they
steal, filch and backstab, as well as when they sacrifice to their Lord.

It is rumoured that the Cult of Mask maintains a large network of informants throughout the cities of the realm. It is also rumoured that this network provides employment for all sorts of thieves, beggars and thugs.

Most of the Shadowlord's enemies are held in arrogant disregard, His most hated enemy is Cyric, whom he hates for his betrayal and theft of the portfolio of intrigue during the Time of Troubles.

Dogma: All that occurs in the shadows is the domain of Mask. The church of mask states that wealth rightfully belongs to those who can aquire it. Honesty is for fools but apparent honest is a very valuable thing. Subtlety is everything, and a quick wit and glib tongue are more prized than a swift blade. Never lie when you can cleave to the truth but leave a mistaken impression. Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes for easy targets.

The faithful of Mask are known as Maskarran. They address each other as Brother or Sister Shadow, and hold the titles (in order of rank): Unproven (hopefuls), Proven Brother/Sister (initiates), Veteran Brother/Sister (acolytes), and Master Brother/Sister (prelates), with the leader of a temple assuming the title Lord/Lady Master. Faith managers are addressed as Lord/Lady Most Hidden, clerics of this ranking are referred to as Demarch/Demarchess.

Followers of Mask may use their high favor to supplicate (see help supplicate) for recall to a safe haven and resurrection. If they are extremely favored, they may ask for and recieve artifacts of Mask.

Related topics...
Darkness Domain List of Deities Trickery Domain
Yzelle, Demarchess of Mask
Return to Main Menu
Confusion heard his voice, and wild uproar Stood ruled, stood vast infinitude confined;
Till at his second bidding darkness fled, Light shone, and order from disorder sprung.
--John Milton
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:51 am

Might be a little late but if we know a lot about a deity but we aren't high up on the faith 'food-chain', can we still help out?

I know a lot upon Lloth and am more than willing to do that help-file, if no one already called it that is.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:04 am

Holiday season is still not through yet with returns and crappy people, but I already finished half of mine. The other two are half done each, but I'm tired.

Not my fault you coded Mask first. ;) Shown up, peh.
Beshaba potatoes.
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:56 am

Garl is done, of course I reserve the right to take it back should he or I find any mistakes. If Glim or Melian's players would like to write their own helps I will add the links.
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:02 am

It is perfectly acceptable to submit things if there is no active faith manager, however it may be edited by other players and or the God inquestion when they realize their help file is innaccurate or missing something.

Japcil - perfect! Very good. And color. I like color! :)
--John Milton
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Regarding the Mask Help File

It might be worth noting that good aligned characters following an evil deity (and vice versa I believe) receive negative favor when they perform the actions which their God sponsors.
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:14 pm

I believe what might be adversely affected is the hidden alignment. If you are a goody, then stealing/backstabbing/etc the wrong people would hit your hidden alignment score. Likewise would sacrificing, as I believe sacrificing a corpse is coded an evil act.

While previous discussion has concluded that the hidden alignment calculations are silly and inaccurate, it should still be taken note for the actions of the individual player of any align/faith combo that the wrong actions for your alignment would result in IC consequences, just as actions that go against the ethos of the faith your in. If you go on a backstabbing raid with Shilmista elves, it's an evil act, regardless of your faith and what is favored.

It IS possible to play a good aligned character who devotes to Mask, because Mask is not simply a faith about killing/stealing/etc. It is also likely a delicate balancing act of an RP that should not be attempted by many who aren't wanting a high maintenance RP.
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:51 pm

I haven't forgotten, I promise. I'm still working on it. I will also post in the same format as Yzelle did.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:09 pm

Corellon's is in the works. Praise to the Father of elves.
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:51 pm

Kregor, I'm not sure what you thought you were posting to, but I think you may have missed the point I was making.

Codewise, if you are CG or NG and follow Mask you can not gain any favor. If you backstab, kill or steal your favor actually decreases.

Yes, it is possible to follow Mask in a roleplay sense and have no concerns for these facts, but players should be aware that the line 'will accept good alignments excepting lawful' carries some penalties.
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:13 pm

Should be done with Lloth's soon, very soon.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:42 pm

Posting the helpfile here due to the fact I am not a high-ranking member of the faith and I may be missing something others may want to add.

* = may or may not be correct in-game
Lloth
The Spider Queen, Lady of Spiders
Holy Symbol – {80}a spider holy symbol

{70}Worshipper Alignments - LN, N, CN, LE, NE, CE
Priest Alignments - CN, LE, NE, CE

Allies of the Faith - Loviatar, Malar
Enemies of the Faith – The Seldarine, Gruumsh

Lloth, or Lolth, is the goddess of the drow race and drow society. The Spider Queen secretly wants to be worshiped by humans and elves of other races on the surface Realms, and sometimes journeys among their communities, whispering of the power Lloth can bring. Lloth relishes sacrifices made in her name, particularly elven sacrifices.

Formally known as Araushnee, Lloth was once a lesser power of the Seldarine and the consort of Corellon Larethian. Araushnee bore Corellon twin godlings, Vhaeraun and Eilistraee, before she turned against her lover and betrayed him. By order of the Council of the Seldarine, Araushnee was transformed into a spider-shaped tanar'ri and banished to the Abyss. For this act she hates Corellon and Seldarine dearly.

Whilst at the Abyss, Araushnee assumed the name of Lloth and conquered a large portion of the foul-plane. Rising in power, Lloth then turned her attention to corrupting the mortal children of the Seldarine. Lloth corruption of the elves culminated in the Crown Wars, and eventually, the descent of the corrupted elves, now known as drow, into the Underdark.

Dogma: Fear is as strong as steel, while love and respect are soft, useless feelings that none can lean on. All drow who do not worship Lolth must be converted or destroyed. All weak and rebellious drow must be weeded out. Males or slaves of other races who act independently of Lolth's dictates must be sacrificed to Lolth. Children are to be raised as loyal worshipers of Lolth. Any who mistreats a spider must die.

Lloth sponsors two deity orders, the Order of Soul Spiders and the Handmaidens of the Spider Queen

Followers of Lloth may use their high favor to supplicate (see help supplicate) for recall to a safe haven and resurrection. If they are extremely holy, they may ask for and recieve artifacts of Lloth.
Links at the bottom of help-file should include...
(A) Drow Domain
(B) Handmaidens of the Spider Queen - Lloth
(C) List of Deities
(D) Matron Mothers of Lloth
(E) Militant Myrlochar, Order of Soul Spiders - Lloth
(F) Trickery Domain

EDIT: Corrected the Holy Symbol ( thanks Orplar )
Now what of the Priest Alignments? Seems that the ones posted above may be wrong. Any know for certain what they are?
Also, are the worshipper alignments correct?

Send me a PM for further corrections, don't want to spam the thread. I will put down another post when all corrections are made
Last edited by Velius on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:56 pm

The symbol is just a spider holy symbol.
Not sure on the alignments but I had thought it to be CE for priests/priestess in FK.
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:05 am

I've recieved no PMs concerning suggestions, corrections to the post above. I am assuming all the information is right, and the work is done.
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:29 am

BUMP!
It's me again! I have recieved some files on the Deities but not all! As I have been editing like crazy would you please PM me your files or post them here so I can collect them.

Here are the following that are still rogue....
If you are on the list, CONTACT ME ASAP!
Bane
Beshaba
Chauntea
Corellon Larethian
Gruumsh
Helm
Kelemvor
Loviatar
Malar
Mielikki
Mystra
Oghma
Talona
Talos
Tempus
Torm
Tymora
Tyr
Umberlee
Waukeen
Yondalla
If you are a player of some of these Gods, and especially if your faith has no Faith Manager, feel free to contact me about trying your hand at a help file. Only through sharing of knowledge can we really make sure all the RP for gods are on the up and up... (ACK! Chaneling my Oghman character!)

CONTACT ME SOON!
Last edited by Mariela on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
--John Milton
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:31 am

I posted two in this thread for you, like you said. Post in the thread or PM them, you seem to keep missing that they're there.
Beshaba potatoes.
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:52 am

*winces*

I'm working Mele! I'm Working!
Actually I was mostly trying to bump the thread as I emptied out my PM box. I amg oign to start on the thread ones NOW! :) So names will be dissapearing off that list. No worries!

*dodges the next whip attack!*
--John Milton
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:24 pm

I think the FM for Talos is MIA if you want to pm me the info you need I will see what I can do. I would guess I know most of what you want...
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.