Level in Ardeep

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Aetrevan
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Level in Ardeep

Post by Aetrevan » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:33 am

I'm a level 9 Wild Elf in the Ardeep area and I can't seem to find anywhere to train my level. No one in Ardeep can do so, thus to accomplish this I must walk east and return to Tangled Trees or the Yuirwood to find a trainer.

Of course there are plenty of trainers in Waterdeep, Daggerford, and any other human settlement on the western coast, but little Aetrevan has no desire to enter such places.

I feel, perhaps, I am asking too much, but I figured the worst that can happen is I get shot down. I was wondering if it wouldn't be too much to ask for a level trainer in Ardeep that can train non-ranger/druids.
Nedylene
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nedylene » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:36 am

*coughs* There is another rather.. large ranger camp just a wee ways away from Ardeep that does indeed have level trainers. Where my druidess usually goes
Aetrevan
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Aetrevan » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:07 am

Oh trust me, I have been there, problem is, I am not yet a ranger, and it seems all they train is rangers and druids.

But thank you anyway :)
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:34 pm

I haven't checked, but maybe the centaurs.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Hmm, the trip from Ardeep to the Centaur's Grove is a quite long and hard one for a new, low level character :)
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:52 pm

Hmm, the trip from Ardeep to the Centaur's Grove is a quite long and hard one for a new, low level character
Sure it is. The play of a dwarf in Mithril Hall is also difficult as are several other options. However, I am sure that an experienced player choosing to stick with his rp will not balk at the inherent difficulties of his situation. I don't see a reason to make things effortless for everyone. A human in a huge city like Waterdeep has the advantages of "civilization" and many trainers in close proximity - it is one of the main reasons why we encourage our new players to make humans with WD as their hometown for their initiation into the FK world. Now, if there was NO WAY for a wild elf to train "level" outside of a city, or if it was nearly impossible to do, I think the case would be much stronger.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Balek
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Balek » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:53 pm

I agree that we don't need to make everything effortless for everyone, but I don't think finding someone to train level is a good way to make things more difficult. I don't have a problem with making hard to find trainers for skills, spells and feats, but level is something that should be fairly easy to train for everyone. The only exception might be high level (40+) characters. Making it difficult for a level 9 character to find somewhere to train level doesn't really increase difficulty in any beneficial way. It's just a frustrating barrier to advancement.
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:04 pm

There is always one easy solution. :twisted:

The person(s) experiencing the problem can e-mail builders to apply for vnums and build a wild elf area. It can then include level trainers and other trainers of appropriate skill.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Sairaven
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Sairaven » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:25 am

Lathander wrote:There is always one easy solution. :twisted:

The person(s) experiencing the problem can e-mail builders to apply for vnums and build a wild elf area. It can then include level trainers and other trainers of appropriate skill.
Not everyone feels comfortable asking for a project like this. I've been a builder, even head builder, and it is not always an easy project.
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"
~Despair.com
----
Sairaven - Dusk Echo of Helm
Quey - The Broken Blade
Vagan Silversword, Warwizard
Nedylene
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nedylene » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:26 am

Would be nice to see an extension of Tall trees in Tethyr into a working wild elf village *hinthint*
Aetrevan
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Aetrevan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:58 am

That is actually a fantastic idea Lathander. I would be up to the task if it would be granted. What avenues would I need to traverse to get some more information on such a prospect?
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:35 pm

Larethiel wrote:Hmm, the trip from Ardeep to the Centaur's Grove is a quite long and hard one for a new, low level character :)
No further than the character's initial trip from Cormanthor to Ardeep :)
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:31 pm

That is actually a fantastic idea Lathander. I would be up to the task if it would be granted. What avenues would I need to traverse to get some more information on such a prospect?
Send an e-mail to the builders address asking to be allowed to do it.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity