[Ongoing Event] Drow Roleplay Days

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:27 pm

I will indeed be on tonight at 8 PM my time...

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... c=0&p1=179

To make an appraisal of how things have gone. All Drow who can be there, I hope you will show up. If there has been good progress with the feathers we'll move on to the next task. If there has been very little changing of hands, then I will just have to up the ante ;) If you can't be there tonight or you see this after it's happened, merely post your Drow's name in the thread indicating you wish to take part and I will find you later.
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:18 pm

Got off early so ill be there well before hand. I think there has been a good number of feathers changing hands.

Hope to see everyone at that time!
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:46 am

Dlothyr Auryvndar once again made his way to Menzoberranzan. After a quick judgment, it was determined that Zundalaran Q'Xorlarrin and Kyrllyn Baenre both had 5 feathers. Jzexleth of Bregan D'aerthe challenged Zundalaran to single combat for one of his feathers, and Jzexleth, with the help of the Baenre Priestesses, won the fight. He then declared himself for House Baenre and turned over his feathers, granting Kyrllyn the victory in the first competition.

The nobleman of Auryvndar then prepared Menzoberranzan for the next competition. He delivered to each of the Drow gathered in the square a single word and told them that by discovering the words of their rivals, and combining them in a certain way, a phrase would become apparent. Dlothyr stated that the first Drow to correctly tell him this phrase would be the winner of the second competition. While Dlothyr did not state exactly how many words were in the phrase, he did say that of the 10 Drow in the square, the entirety of the phrase was given out.

To win this second competition, Drow will have to learn the true words their opponents hold, while seeking not to give up their own word. You will have to lie, sneak, bribe, threaten and eavesdrop on your rivals to discover their words, and try to put together the phrase before they are able, all while watching your back for them to do the same.

The following Drow have been granted words:
Jzessilara
Dranso
Kyrllyn
Duranamir
Zahal
Zaphara
Cyprianus
Dirzbreen
Jzexleth
Finidinal
Maynolu
Llyscin

If you wish a word from Dlothyr Auryvndar, send me a PM and include the name of your Drow, and I will send one to you and add you to the list. If you think you have the phrase solved, PM it to me and include the name of your Drow. When it is finally solved, I will put up a post declaring it to be over, so check back in the thread often, but the formal declaration won't be until next Friday at the same time, same Bazaar in Menzoberranzan. If you have questions or comments, feel free to post them below! I will also note that even brand new Drow are welcome to join in on this, if you're looking to create a new Drow, or had ever thought about it, it's probably about as exciting in Menzoberranzan lately as it's going to get.
Last edited by Bhaal on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zynarc
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Zynarc » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:14 am

How many tries do we have for the phrase? :)
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:20 am

Let's say one try per day I guess, good question. The phrase has to be exact, if you're incorrect all you will receive is a simple "Incorrect" reply and I won't look at any new tries from you for 24 hours. If I see there are three tries in my inbox all sent within an hour of each other, I'll look at the first one, wait 24 hours, look at the second one, wait 24 hours, look at the third one. In the meantime, if someone else gets it right, if they haven't made any guesses in the time period, I will look at theirs immediately. So don't just make random guesses, it can hurt you if you later learn something new.
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:42 am

No success yet in the guess for the phrase. But Drow roleplay seems to have flagged a bit. Let's try to get more people involved tomorrow night if we can, spread the word to your friends both IC'ly and OOC'ly. Let's try to have a big showing, and some concerted RP effort on the part of the Drow. So long as people keep showing an interest, I will keep doing weekly Drow RPs, but if you guys feel that they're too close together perhaps, we can turn them to every other week.
Zilvryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Zilvryn » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:52 am

I would definately have been able to make this, until 3hrs ago when I got skiffed for weekend guard...

I'm stood down from 1800 Saturday till 1800 Sunday, but my wife may demand that I spend some "quality time" with her, so if i'm there i'm there i'm there, if not i'm not..

It's been too long since the Weaponsmaster of Barrison del'Armgo was abroad in Menzoberranzan :)
What matters the most is how well you walk through the fire.
Jzexleth
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Jzexleth » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:16 pm

Too close together? Absolutely not. I think Friday nights in Menzoberranzan is the coolest thing to happen to FK since the half-drow!

That being said... I can't make it tonight. I got a hot date!
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:59 pm

I think I'm going to delay this week's official RP, as no one has correctly guessed the word. Those who wish to get involved can still do so by PMing me, and I'll assign you a word, but as so many of our regulars have expressed that they won't be able to show up tonight, it seems silly to turn it into a big event for a riddle which hasn't even been solved yet. Hopefully in the coming week someone will get the answer, and I actively encourage all the Drow who were involved in the first RP to get in on this one. This quest is much more aligned towards mental strength, it's based purely on the strength of your RP, and has nothing to do with larger or older characters simply knocking you out. There is no reason a level 1 character can't do as well as a level 50 character on this quest, which was one of the reasons I thought to focus on it, to give the younger Drow more of a chance to catch up with the older while still participating.
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:43 am

My problem isn't so much getting the words, its connecting them as a player.

Second, I see very few people logging any days except for the friday nights. So if it could not be -canceled- that would be great. Most just hang around for the rp, and then bail. There are only a couple of regulars and that kinda saddens me.

At least from what I have seen.
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Lea
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Lea » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:39 am

I would love to be involved in the rp's but I usually don't get on here until much later when they have already taken place. I guess I will have to set an earlier bedtime for the kids on Fridays :twisted:
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:48 pm

Yeah, I've seen that too, with people RPing Friday then bailing out 'til the next friday.
Jysrak Armgo of House Barrison Del'Armgo -MENZO-
Jys/rak: Jys = Hard, steel, unyielding, /rak = Chaos, storm, tempest
Jzexleth
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Come on!

Post by Jzexleth » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:53 pm

We haven't solved Bhaal's riddle yet, and we're not going to if we don't see drow logging on. Outside of a few Baenre's, there hasn't been anybody on the past few nights. There are a few drow that would love to see Baenre embarrassed a little, but that isn't gonna happen if we don't see some of the other Houses stepping up!

Get those drow on!
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:46 am

Scoffs, Baenre, embarassed. I would like to point to vasfryn. :)

I second the plea, keep logging the drow!
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:57 am

Orplar wrote:Scoffs, Baenre, embarassed. I would like to point to vasfryn. :)
hehehe... 8)
Jysrak Armgo of House Barrison Del'Armgo -MENZO-
Jys/rak: Jys = Hard, steel, unyielding, /rak = Chaos, storm, tempest
Kohadon
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Kohadon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:03 am

Vasfryn? What is this Vasfryn? Baenre knows no drow of this name :lol:
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:03 am

-exactly- well done. Lloths blessing on you for your service to her and I

muhaha
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:19 am

Its that day again. Hope to see everyone tonight.
Triel
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Triel » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:55 pm

I will try and be there tonight. Usually can't get on till later but I will do my best.
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:43 pm

Are we resuming this RP this coming friday? the 25th?