Attention Faith Managers

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Lerytha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lerytha » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:16 pm

Ynaura is working on the main part, then I'm going through it, then we'll send it to Oghma to be checked over. You should have it soon. :)
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.

--Sir Winston Churchill

"This place is boring, I'm gonna go eat whatever I can find laying on the ground"

-- Hoildric

Cacie asks Larethiel 'Did that air just bow to you?
Lea
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Lea » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:54 am

I in all honesty have no idea how I missed this thread. But somehow it escaped me until today. But I will work on Mielikki for you and get it to you as soon as I can.
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:05 am

Tee hee. It' easy to miss with it's all ATTENTION! :)

Actually no problem! I've just been working as they come in, so no worries!
Confusion heard his voice, and wild uproar Stood ruled, stood vast infinitude confined;
Till at his second bidding darkness fled, Light shone, and order from disorder sprung.
--John Milton
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:01 am

Edits approved. Im stalking your changes. 8)
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:47 am

*Is very happy that the Lloth help-file worked out* :)

Hey, I'm working out the RP for a helmite I'm making, want me to write up a help-file on him while I'm researching the role?

EDIT: (him = Helm) :)
Jysrak Armgo of House Barrison Del'Armgo -MENZO-
Jys/rak: Jys = Hard, steel, unyielding, /rak = Chaos, storm, tempest
Lea
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Lea » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:10 am

Guess this actually means I have to rewrite Halia's help file. I have been procrastinating since the other computer died...
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:19 am

Torm has been composed, and posted. You can go back behind me Tasha and make sure I didn't make any colossal typos.
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:41 am

At this point if a FM has not stepped in and taken claim of their deity's file, feel free to submit one here or in a PM to Mariela. All submissions are subject to size restrictions and editing so that they flow similar to the formats already used. So if you are a FM and haven't posted here, please do post if you are working on a help file. It's not necessary to be a FM to be know-it-all on a FK deity.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:16 am

I'm still working on Chauntea and Loviatar.
Beshaba potatoes.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:32 am

Japcil wrote:At this point if a FM has not stepped in and taken claim of their deity's file, feel free to submit one here or in a PM to Mariela. All submissions are subject to size restrictions and editing so that they flow similar to the formats already used. So if you are a FM and haven't posted here, please do post if you are working on a help file. It's not necessary to be a FM to be know-it-all on a FK deity.
I am more than willing to do: Tyr and Malar.

I was going to do Bane's, but I haven't seen any good resources on him (If someone finds good resources on Bane, work away! The help-file is yours)

If you are interested in doing the help-files of the gods Tyr or Malar, tell me, otherwise I will begin work tomorrow.

EDIT: Removed Talos and Helm from the list of to-dos
Last edited by Velius on Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aveline
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Aveline » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:44 am

I can do the helpfile for Helm and give you a bit of a break ;)
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:49 am

Aveline wrote:I can do the helpfile for Helm and give you a bit of a break ;)

Once I'm done with these help-files, I may be able to work on other ones.
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:18 am

Here is an updated list then:

Bane
Beshaba
Chauntea Mele
Corellon Larethian Larethiel
Gruumsh
Helm Aveline
Kelemvor
Loviatar Mele
Malar Velius
Mielikki Lea
Mystra
Oghma Ynaura & Lerytha
Talona
Talos
Tempus

Torm Kregor
Tymora
Tyr Velius
Umberlee
Waukeen
Yondalla

And remember to submit them to Mariela.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:48 am

Is Selveem still doing Tempus? I don't see him on the list.

EDIT: Kirkus may also still be doing Talos (if you aren't Kirkus, tell me! I can do him as well). But, I should be able to do Kelemvor while I'm at it.

The help-files I send in will be in the same format as the one I did on Lloth, and I will be sure to check with several resources before I submit them to make sure my info is accurate.
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:58 am

Their posts were asking if they could do them, so I didn't put them on the list. If they reply to this saying they still have interest and wish to submit their version of the helpfile I will add them to the list.
Laitaine
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Laitaine » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:25 am

I sent some Umberlee stuff to Mariela - but as I told her, I'm far from being a faith manager so if someone wants to overwrite it's all good ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.
~Terry Pratchett

I think of Cyric as the Helm of the bad-guys.
~ Velius
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:46 pm

Eep, I'm sorry guys. Tempus is done. I actually just forgot to send it. :(

Here ya go Tasha.
Tempus
Lord of Battles, Foehammer
Holy Symbol - A blazing silver sword on a blood-red shield

Worshiper Allowed Alignments - Any
Cleric Allowed Alignments - CE, CG, CN

Allies of the Faith - He is served by the Red Knight. He is generally friendly with Nobanion, Gond, Valkur, and Uthgar.
Enemies of the Faith - None (or any!) at any given time. Though Eldath opposes violence, Tempus respects her convictions and does not consider her an enemy. Sune considers him an enemy because of the destruction that wars wreak upon beautiful things and people, but he considers her flighty and irrelevant.

Tempus is the God of War, Battle, and Warriors. His church generally attracts warriors, fighters, barbarians, rangers, and half-Orcs. His priests must be Chaotic, but their alignment can be anything from Good to Evil. Followers of Tempus are rewarded by him for honorable battle, forbidding cowardice, respecting the fallen, and encouraging the use of force of arms to settle disputes.

Dogma: Tempus does not win battles; he helps the deserving warrior win battles. War is fair in that it oppresses and aids all equally and that in any given battle, a mortal may be slain or become a great leader among his or her companions. War should not be feared, but seen as natural force; a human force. It is the storm that civilization brings by its very existence. Arm all for who battle is needful; even foes. Retreat from hopeless fights but never avoid battle. Slay one foe decisively and halt a battle quickly rather then rely upon slow attrition or the senseless dragging on of hostilities. Remember the dead that fell before you. Defend what you believe in, lest it be swept away. Disparage no foe and respect all, for valor blazes in all regardless of age, sex, or race. Tempus looks with favor upon those that acquit themselves honorably in battle without resorting to such craven tricks as destroying homes, family, or livestock when a foe is away or attacking from the rear (except when such an attack is launched by a small band against foes of vastly superior numbers). Consider the consequences of the violence of war, and do not wage war recklessly. The smooth-tongued and fleet of feet that avoid all strife and never defend their beliefs wreak more harm than the most energetic tyrant, raider, or horde leader.

The faithful of Tempus are known as Tempurians. The Church of Tempus sponsors no Paladins. The favored amongst the church may aspire to be accepted into The Order of the Steel Fang. The greatest honor bestowed upon those who are injured in Tempus' service is admittance into the Order of the Broken Blade.

Followers of Tempus may use their high favor to supplicate (see help supplicate) for recall to a safe haven and resurrection. If they are extremely favored, they may ask for and recieve artifacts of Tempus.

(A) List of Deities (B) Order of the Steel Fang - Tempus
(C) Protection Domain (D) Prowess Domain
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:48 pm

Selveem wrote:Holy Symbol - A blazing silver sword on a blood-red shield
In the game its something like 'a flaming sword holy symbol'... something along those lines...

EDIT: I start working on the help-files last night (Even though I said I'd start today) And I'm pretty much done with Malar's, I'll add color to it and make it pretty after school. Also, I'll begin work on Tyr's help-file.
Last edited by Velius on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaenoic
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Jaenoic » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:53 pm

For brevity's sake wearable holy symbols tend to be shorter than the normal descriptions of them in source books. Sometimes the descriptions can get long, like "two pale hands bound about the wrist with red leather straps." That doesn't make for a good wearable item so it's shortened to "a bound hands holy symbol."

I think it's ok to put the proper description in the helpfile. I mean "a blazing silver sword on a blood-red shield" is easily recognizable as "a flaming sword."
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:57 pm

Oh, alright Jaenoic. I'll use the source books for my holy symbols as well then. *thanks*