Attention Faith Managers

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm

I can add color later, right?
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:11 pm

In the event that my Faith managers are feeling reluctant, I'd encourage them to put the Help File together rather than myself. Feel free to run it by me, but you are the characters on the ground.
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:05 am

Tell me if its too long and I can make changes. If any would like to see a change made with the help-file send me a PM, and as with last time, I'll say I'm done once I recieve all PMs and make all changes.
Malar
The Beastlord, Lord of Beasts

Holy Symbol – A brown-furred, bestial claw with long, curving talons tipped with fresh red blood
Worshipper Alignments – N, CN, LE, NE, CE
Druid Alignments – N, NE
Superior - Talos
Allies – Talos, Umberlee, Bane (now dead), Loviatar
Foes – Chauntea, Ilmater, Sune

Malar is the god of the savage wild. Along with Umberlee and Auril, he is one of the Gods of Fury. He favors those who kill or hunt for sport, make sacrifices in his name, and/or slay druids.

Malar achieves almost sensual fulfillment from the hunt and the kill. The Lord of Beasts despises the Balance sought by druids and their deities and seeks to overthrow it through the actions of his faithful. The Beastlord, whenever he is in the mood, tends to manifest an avatar to go on an endless hunt across the realms of Faerun.

In the aftermath of the Time of Troubles, Malar was weakened by the growing strength of Talos. As a result, he has been forced to seek new worshipers among the nonhuman tribes, and now numerous humanoids have begun to venerate the Beastlord as an adjunct to their traditional pantheons. Malar has also acquired additional human worshipers from the ranks of a few beast cults by slaying their totem spirits and assuming the animal spirits' portfolios as aspects of his own.

Malarite priests are known as Lords of the Hunt or Huntlords (to distinguish them from lay followers, who are merely "of the Hunt"). No individual titles are used, except "Old Hunter" as an address of respect to senior clergy, but clergy members are often known by names such as Brother Stag or Sister Wolf in recognition of the most powerful beasts they have slain along with only their daggers, or their bare hands

Dogma: Survival of the fittest and winnowing of the weak are Malar's legacy. A brutal, bloody death has great meaning: "May you die an old man" is an insult among Malarites. The hunt is the fulcrum of life and death, and the focus point of life is the challenge between the hunter and the prey, the judgment of who may live or die. Malarites are expected to view every important task as a hunt and to remain ever alert and alive. Savagery and strong emotions defeat reason and careful thought in all things. The strong must slay as frequently as possible. Taste the blood of those you slay and never kill from a distance. The glory and danger in the hunt should be told to all in grand tales. Suffer no druid to live, for they believe not in survival of the strong, but in a weak-minded balance that allows the inferior to survive and often to rule.

Followers of Malar may use their high favor to supplicate (see help
supplicate) for recall to a safe haven, for retrieval of their corpse after
resurrection, and if they are extremely holy, may ask for and receive artifacts of Malar.
Jysrak Armgo of House Barrison Del'Armgo -MENZO-
Jys/rak: Jys = Hard, steel, unyielding, /rak = Chaos, storm, tempest
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:52 am

Sorry, but I'll have to start on Tyr's help-file later on some other day. (It was hard even getting to a comp today, luckily I did most of the work yesterday on the Malar help-file, and was able to just paste what I had on here.)

I SHOULD be able to begin work on Tyr's help-file tomorrow.
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Post by Hrosskell » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:09 am

I imagine Rynn is busy lately, so I'll offer to do some work on Kelemvor's helpfile, if you want to slate it down as me.

Just a question - was Selveem's good as a template? I really liked his lay-out, and it does go into a lot more detail than the current one. I can do something like that, if you'd like.
Jamais arriere.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:30 am

As much as I appreciate the compliment, it should truly be directed to Yzelle. I used her template. ;) <3 you Yzelle.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:12 am

Current List:

Bane
Beshaba
Chauntea Mele
Corellon Larethian Larethiel
Gruumsh
Helm Aveline
Kelemvor Hrosskell
Loviatar Mele
Mielikki Lea
Mystra
Oghma Ynaura & Lerytha
Talona
Talos

Torm Kregor
Tymora
Tyr Velius
Umberlee
Waukeen
Yondalla
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:30 am

I'll do Talos, and I'll try once again to find info on Bane.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:41 am

Tell me if its too long and I can make changes. If any would like to see a change made with the help-file send me a PM, and as with last time, I'll say I'm done once I recieve all PMs and make all changes.
Tyr
The Even-Handed, the Maimed God, the Just God

Holy Symbol - A balanced set of scales set upon the head of an upright war hammer
Worshipper Alignments – LG, NG, LN
Priest Alignments – LG
Allies – Ilmater, Torm, Lathander
Foes – Mask, Talos, Bane, Cyric, Talona

When Tyr is depicted in religious art, he appears as a noble warrior missing his right hand, lost to Kezef the Chaos Hound in proving his resilience and strength of spirit. In recent years, he has been shown blinded as well, a fatality of the wrath of Ao during the Time of Troubles. Tyr's symbol shows his nature: justice through benevolent force and armed vigilance. He opposes all beings who deal in trickery, rule-breaking, and unjust destruction or misdeeds. His faith is popular, as everyone knows exactly what Tyr expects his faithful to do and everyone can trust Tyrrans to be honorable, honest, just, and righteous.

He represents such stern justice that it is difficult to see the more subtle qualities of the god. He would like to be able to deal with troubles as one could among a perfect family: with love, courage, and the knowledge that everyone will try their best and not betray their fellows because of a special bond that all share. Unfortunately, he also knows that this will never happen, and so emits a undercurrent of stern sadness for what can never be. He is terribly protective of his priesthood, and because of this, he is more likely to manifest in some form to aid them than many other powers. Torm and Ilmater serve Tyr, and the three deities are sometimes called the Triad.

While some paladins preferring a straight black-and-white choice revere Tyr, he is most popular with the bureaucrats, judges, and merchants who make the entire system move efficiently. Worshipers of Tyr see the world in clear-cut moral terms; they like to see Faerûn firmly cleansed and ordered by laws that are evenly and diligently applied. They are not very tolerant of other world views and do not find parody, mockery, or even questions about their faith amusing. Tyr survives very well in the civilized world, and most of his temples are in larger cities.

Dogma: Novices of Tyr are charged to "Reveal the truth, punish the guilty, right the wrong, and be always true and just in your actions." Tyr and his followers are devoted to the cause of justice, to the righting of wrongs and the deliverance of just vengeance. This is not necessarily equality or fairness, as some make the maimed god out to represent, but rather the discovery of truth and the punishment of the guilty. Tyrrans tend to be stiff-necked about theology and to see matters in black and white terms.

Tyr cares for all members of his church, but shows particular favor to those who respect the fallen and slay agents of evil.

Followers of Tyr may use their high favor to supplicate (see help supplicate) for recall to a safe haven and resurrection. If they are extremely holy, they may ask for and recieve artifacts of Tyr.

Tyr sponsors two holy orders of Paladins: Knights of Holy Judgement and the Knights of the Merciful Sword.
Did a few extra chores, and I was able to come on. 8)
Mouat
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Mouat » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:25 am

Sorry, January is always busy for me. Prepping for final exams, night review sessions as well as weekend review sessions. And then to get ready for second semester. Plus I do contract work outside of my regular job and had to get a few of those done before the end of January.

Thanks Hrosskell, to be honest, I just assumed Kelemvor was going to do it, until I saw his post.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:29 pm

Tyr's help-file is done.

I'll wait until tomorrow to say whether or not Malar's is, I've yet to recieve a PM from anyone in that area.
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:48 pm

Woah woah woah... Already on top of Talos's help file.

Sorry for the delayed response, end of the week quiz had my thoughts elsewhere. But I am now at work and consequently working on the help file.
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Grafghur
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Grafghur » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:37 pm

Not FM of Gruumush but can write the help file if still needed. PM me to let me know.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:23 pm

Kirkus wrote:Woah woah woah... Already on top of Talos's help file.

Sorry for the delayed response, end of the week quiz had my thoughts elsewhere. But I am now at work and consequently working on the help file.
Its all good, sorry if I rushed ya :wink: .
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:26 pm

If Wikipedia is the only source you can find on a deity, would we be able to use it? I heard the source is unreliable. (Looking for stuff on Bane)
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:51 pm

The info on Bane differed from web-site to web-site, so there may be a few errors, please do send a PM if you feel something should be changed.
Bane
The Black Hand, The Black Lord

Allies – Loviatar, Mask, Malar, and Talona
Foes – The Triad, Helm, Lathander, Mystra, Cyric, and Oghma
Holy Symbol - green rays squeezed forth from a black fist
Worshipper Alignments – LN, N, CN, LE, NE, CE
Priest Alignments – LE, NE

Bane is the god of hatred, tyranny, and fear. He prefers to keep to the shadows, allowing his servants to carry out his intricate plans. He has no tolerance for failure and seldom thinks twice about submitting even a loyal servant to rigorous tortures to ensure complete obedience to his demanding, regimented doctrine.

Bane was a mortal before he became one of The Dead Three. The Dead Three was the collective name given to Bane, Bhaal & Myrkul. Originally, they were powerful mortal adventurers who sought the path to godhood. They found it in the form of Jergal, who acquiesced to their demands as he was tiring of his life as god of the dead. He gave up his portfolios to the three of them, apotheosizing them in the process. Bane got Tyranny, Bhaal got violent death & Myrkul got the dead.

The church of Bane has increased greatly in recent history due to his return. With this he has gained nearly all the worshipers of Iyachtu Xvim, his half-demon son, as well as some of Cyric. Since his return, Bane has renewed his alliance with Loviatar, Malar, Mask and Talona. He hates the deities of the Triad as well as Helm, Lathander, Mystra and Oghma. Considering their history, Bane also feels particular disdain for Cyric as well.
Also, thanks again for the info you gave me Orplar. :)
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Cret » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:07 am

Already had sent in Bane :)
{80} ----
{A0}Bane {80}"The Black Lord, The Black Hand, Lord of Darkness"
{80} ----

{90}--------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: Bane is coded but will not have followers untill
his ressurection RolePlay has taken place.
--------------------------------------------------------------
{70}
Bane is the god of Tyrany, Strife, fear, hatred, (unjust)law, and evil.

{10}Symbol: {A0}green rays squeezed forth {90}from a black fist
{10}Domain: {70}Hatred and Tyranny

{10}Followers: {70}Clerics must be of EVIL alignment. ({E0}LE, NE, CE{10})
Others must be of neutral or evil alignment. No Good({90}!=LG, NG, CG{10}).

{10}High Priest: (null)
{10}Faith Leaders: (null)

{10}Foes: {90}Torm, Cyric, Mystra, Tempus, Hlem, lathander, Oghma, Ilmater
{10}Allies: {A0}Lociatar, Mask, and Talona

{70}His alliances are not strong because even his allies fear him.

{10}Dogma: {70}Serve no one but Bane. Fear him always and make others fear him even more then you do. The "Black Hand" always strikes down thoese who stand against it in the end. Defy Bane and die - or in death find loyalty to him, for he shall compel it.

{80}------------------------------------------------------------
{70}
Bane prefers to keep to the shadows, allowing his servants to carry out his intricate plans. He has no tolerance for failure and seldom thinks twice about submitting even a loyal servant to rigorous tortures to ensure complete obedience to his demanding, regimented doctrine.

His goal is to rule the world in total domination. He does not need to move fast, for he has eternity to place his followers on every throne and place of power in the world. Getting there is half the fun.

Japcil
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Japcil » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:29 am

Updated List:

Beshaba
Chauntea Mele
Corellon Larethian Larethiel
Gruumsh Grafghur
Helm Aveline
Kelemvor Hrosskell
Loviatar Mele
Mielikki Lea
Mystra
Oghma Ynaura & Lerytha
Talona
Talos Kirkus
Torm Kregor
Tymora
Waukeen
Yondalla
Last edited by Japcil on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liandria
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Liandria » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:32 am

If the FMs of Mystra haven't submitted anything yet, I'd be willing to give it a shot.
Liandria, Servant of Mystery
Laitaine
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Laitaine » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:49 am

Laitaine wrote:I sent some Umberlee stuff to Mariela - but as I told her, I'm far from being a faith manager so if someone wants to overwrite it's all good ;)
:P

As no one else piped up, it's done and submitted.
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.
~Terry Pratchett

I think of Cyric as the Helm of the bad-guys.
~ Velius