Bronze

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Dranso
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Bronze

Post by Dranso » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:03 am

The combining of copper and tin to create a relativly strong alloy. If you really wanted to get fancy you could add some phosphorus in there too, but I have no idea when the idea to add that came along. I think this would spice up weapon smithing, armour smithing, and smelting a little bit. I'm not particularly sure how this would go in though. You would have to make a new command to join the copper and tin probably. And since there isn't any bronze weapons or armour in game, it would probably be a long hard process to get the metal in game. But I thought it'd be cool to see some bronze stuff in FK. Plus you would still see it around in the mideviel times anyway. Shoot you still see it around today.
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:34 am

Bronze weapons do exist in game.... so the process might be shorter than you think
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:21 am

Perhaps the Gondar forges could be used to combine the two metals?
Ursan
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Ursan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Remember, should you encounter an angry Dragon and your only company is a Halfling...
...you do not need to run faster than the Dragon, only the halfling.

It's a wolverine, not a skunk... sheesh
Oghma
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Oghma » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:09 pm

Based on the previous postings. I could see this as a venture for something like the precision forge to create pieces of metal as pewter and bronze or even brass and aluminum. The only problem is that the forge does not differentiate between metal qualities and in order to keep the game balanced we would need to base the quality of the metal on the skills of the smelter or every piece would either be terrible or outstanding.
May you find the knowledge you seek. If you find something else, it is still knowledge, and as such, still a gain.
Dranso
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Bronze

Post by Dranso » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:44 am

Would it be a possibility to make metalurgy a new trade then?
Oghma
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Bronze

Post by Oghma » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:08 pm

I can see it as a function of the precision forge in conjunction with smelting.
May you find the knowledge you seek. If you find something else, it is still knowledge, and as such, still a gain.