Commands for Horse

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Ansaril
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Commands for Horse

Post by Ansaril » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:07 pm

While I can 'order pony put oats saddlebag' I can NOT 'order horse get oats saddlebag' thus making me have to order him to remove the bag, drop bag, i get oats from bag, give bag and oats to him, order him to wear the bag then eat the oats.

So I think it would be nice if you could order your mount to get the food from the saddlebags just to save time from doing all that.
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Commands for Horse

Post by Nysan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:39 pm

When your horse has fingers and hands to get stuff with, you'll have my support. Unfortunately, hooves are rather difficult to move around inside bags. :wink:
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:00 am

How would said horse go about doing that?
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Lerytha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lerytha » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:52 am

Excuse me. We all KNOW horses PRETEND to have hooves, just so we humans do everything for them. They're actually really cleverly made GLOVES.
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.

--Sir Winston Churchill

"This place is boring, I'm gonna go eat whatever I can find laying on the ground"

-- Hoildric

Cacie asks Larethiel 'Did that air just bow to you?
Caelnai
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Caelnai » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:18 am

I'm thinking that for those feed bags coded to face location you could argue this...but I'm not sure it would be a good bang for the coding hours buck.

And I know a unicorn who can move things with the power of his mind, but he still prefers humans go fetch.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:24 am

How come you can order a horse to put stuff into a pack then? It is just a shortcut, and a lot of people I've seen order a horse to put an item in a pack of some sort have RP'd putting the items in the packs, as people should. A horse cannot pick up a sword and put it in its pack, thats almost as crazy as taking a sword out of its pack :wink: . If you can order a horse to put something in a pack and RP as if you did it yourself, I think you should be able to order a horse to take something out of a pack and RP as if you did it yourself. My 2 cents :wink:
Jysrak Armgo of House Barrison Del'Armgo -MENZO-
Jys/rak: Jys = Hard, steel, unyielding, /rak = Chaos, storm, tempest
Julthain
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Julthain » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:29 am

Maybe just solve all the problems and add a command that allows you access to packs worn by your pets, thus you could put things in them, take things out, and never have to order them to remove the pack, then drop the pack, then get the item, and then have them re-equip it everytime you wanted to add/remove something.
Thus, that which is the most awful of evils, death, is nothing to us, since when we exist there is no death, and when there is death we do not exist.
Erwyth
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Erwyth » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:57 pm

I welcome what is currently in place. It allows me to gain skill in "handle animal". LOL
Erwyth
Feraael
Halafae
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:05 pm

Try - "order horse eat oats bag"

If that works, it's like he's shoving his face in your bag and just eating, I can picture that. :)
Beshaba potatoes.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:33 pm

LOL, funny mental picture. Poor horse. :P
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:01 pm

Mele wrote:Try - "order horse eat oats bag"

If that works, it's like he's shoving his face in your bag and just eating, I can picture that. :)
Reminds me of a trip to a farm I went on. A horse noticed a little kid had an apple in his backpack. Next thing the kid knows, he is hanging in the air by his backpack while the horse tried to eat the apple.
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.