[MECHANICS] Undead

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Julthain
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

[MECHANICS] Undead

Post by Julthain » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:11 am

I did an experiment recently and noticed that "living" creatures, for some reason, have more stamina than undead. In my opinion this is an odd reversal... something that must sleep, eat, drink, etc. can do more and carry more than an animated corpse that is nothing more than something dead that has been reanimated with magic.

F.E. Julthain had a pack animal that was pulling a cart, it was tiring too soon for his tastes, so he killed it and reanimated it. After reanimation, he found that the pack animal tired even faster, taking thirty percent of its energy for tasks that used to consume six percent.
Thus, that which is the most awful of evils, death, is nothing to us, since when we exist there is no death, and when there is death we do not exist.
Horace
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: [MECHANICS] Undead

Post by Horace » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:31 am

Undead have 0 constitution score, removing all constitution bonus. In PnP this mostly only applies to HP - in FK con also applies to stamina, which may be a large undergoing forgoing that requirement on all undead.
Listen up! People pay good money to see this movie! When they go out to a theater they want cold sodas, hot popcorn, and no monsters in the projection booth! Do I have to come up there myself? Do you think the Gremsters can stand up to the Hulkster?
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: [MECHANICS] Undead

Post by Nysan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:42 pm

Try casting fly on your mule instead of killing him next time. :wink:

But seriously, interesting suggestion. I think it is a minor point in a much larger issue though: Minions that pull carts get tired far too quickly.
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.