Mobs for quests and insta-death spells

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Mobs for quests and insta-death spells

Post by Telk » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:58 am

It looks like a certain mob for a quest that I was doing casts insta-death spells, and since it's part of the quest that this mob attacks you it presents a little problem with completing the quest. Is it ok for me to post the name of the mob? (didn't want to put up IC info without OK first) And is this intentional, or is it indeed a bug?
Telk
Sandric
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Re: Mobs for quests and insta-death spells

Post by Sandric » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi Telk.

There's more than one quest NPC that does this. I think it's intentional: insta-death spells make players group in sufficient strength and keeps the quest open only to those of high enough level. That seems to be fine.

If the quest is intended for lower-level PCs, maybe you could send an email to builders so that IC information isn't given here.

Edit: moved to General Discussion, since it isn't a hard-code bug.

Maybe some people do think it's not appropriate for NPCs to be casting these spells?
Jaenoic
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Jaenoic » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:13 pm

There are certain spells one can cast in order to prevent insta-death. However I understand that you cannot predict needing them... And the mud is not like a video game where you can learn from your mistake and reload an old save point, then prepare properly. ><
Telk
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Telk » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:44 pm

Thanks for the responses. Yeah I see what you mean Jaenoic that makes sense. I was just wondering if the mobs were actually supposed to be casting those types of spells, if they are that's fine, thanks.
Telk