Battle Tournament

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Skeas
Sword Master
Sword Master

Battle Tournament

Post by Skeas » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:35 am

Hear ye all of prowess, or even unwarranted vision of self-prowess, of an upcoming tournament of hosting by the Church of The Lord of Battle! A tournament of five rounds, each held within their own rules, to determine the greatest warrior of the lands (at least until the next such tourney is held). The last man standing of each match will advance within the current round, until a clear champion is named of each round. The winner of the Champions' round, the final, will be honored with such bragging rights as aforementioned, as well as a grand prize equivalent to two hundred platinum, plus ninety percent of the entry fees paid, and a reasonable request of the victor's choosing, made to the hostess of the tournament.

As the tournament is hosted by the Church of Tempus, the use of ranged attack, the covering of the face, and the disrespect to thine opponents are all prohibited. Surrender and retreat are grounds for disqualification. Battles will be fought with honor, and in the event of dishonor or the disregard of the round rules, disqualifications will take place.

* Battles do not begin until the word is given by the hostess of the tournament
* The hostess may nay enter the games, except in the bonus grudge round if so challenged.
* First strike will be decided by a flip of the coin
* Registration will begin in this amount of time, and the tourney will begin soon thereafter [OOC note: 30 irl minutes after]

Round 1 - Soldiers' Round
* This round will be fought only with melee weapons of long-axe length or less
* Casting is prohibited completely
* Beneficial spells cast beforehand to enhance performance are prohibited.

Round 2 - Prowess Round
* This round will be fought only with melee weapons of long-axe or less length, and harmful spells of melee range.
* Healing spells are prohibited.
* Beneficial spells may be added to each combatant beforehand, but nay refreshed during their match. No elemental shields.

Round 3 - Wrath Round
* This round will be fought with melee weapon of any length, and any non-ranged spell.
* All spells are allowed, as long as they are nay ranged attack spells
* Beneficial enhancement spells may be refreshed, but only by the combatants. No elemental shields.

Round 4 - Duos Round
Find yourself a partner:
* This round will be fought by two teams of two combatants per match
* Weapons of greater length than long-axes are prohibited.
* Harmful spells of touch-range, and healing spells are allowed.
* Beneficial enhancement spells are completely prohibited.

Round 5 - Champions Round -
* Rules as Round two, fought by the champions of the first three rounds, and the specified leader of the winning duos team.
* This round will be fought only with melee weapons of long-axe or less length, and harmful spells of melee range.
* Healing spells are prohibited.
* Beneficial spells may be added to each combatant beforehand, but nay refreshed during their match. No elemental shields.

Bonus Round - Grudge Round
* Any combatant in any of the previous rounds may challenge another of their peers.
* Rules are as specified by the challenger - Still no ranged combat, or covering of the face will be allowed.
* The challengee is given always first strike.
* Prizes, if any, must be specified at the time of challenge, and between only the two combatants.

ENTRY IS FIVE PLATINUMS PER COMBATANT, TWO PER SPECTATOR.

The Tournament will be held just south of the Wood of Sharp Teeth, on open plain, for any who desires to join. The aforementioned woods are just east of The Friendly Arms Inn.

[OOC note: Basically, no polearms / other mid-range weapons allowed]
Last edited by Skeas on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zorinar murmurs 'We need a fighter if we ever attempt that again'
Anya murmurs 'If Christoph were around, he'd be enough, I'd be willing to bet.'
Xryon
Sword Master
Sword Master

Re: Battle Tournament

Post by Xryon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:10 am

Any ideas as to where this is going to take place? A certain orcish warrior would be very interested in participating, but most tournaments fall outside of where he can venture..
Skeas
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Skeas » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:22 am

Ah, good question, I had originally thought of such a problem but I forgot to post the location in the original post. The location will be added to the bottom of it. :D

ORIGINAL POST AMENDED :D
Skeas
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Skeas » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:33 pm

the date has been pushed forward one day to the 8th so as not to corrupt the Ilmateri Fund Raising event.
Aldirack
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Aldirack » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:49 pm

What of armour and weapons which are endowed with magic? Seems that is not covered in the post. Please let me know either way, Yes or no. :twisted:
Skeas
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Skeas » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:40 pm

If it adds to your character a magical affect in a round where none are allowed, its a no.
If you have to turn/rub/use/do anything to activate it in a round where magic is restricted, its a no. But otherwise, magical items [flaming sword, whatever] are good for this tournament.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:41 pm

A quick heads-up to anyone in the US who plans to attend this event: Sunday begins daylight savings time, so don't forget to spring forward han hour, or you will arrive for this event an hour late!
Skeas
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Skeas » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:15 pm

Only 45 minutes people! :D
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:25 am

This was a fun event. Thanks for hosting something like this that's open to a little larger segment of the population!
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Skeas
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Skeas » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:18 am

Thanks to everyone who showed up!

I'm almost [not really] glad more people didn't, because as it were with only 10 people, it still lasted near to 5 hours ;D but thanks again to everyone, and thanks especially to everyone who stayed til the end! And thanks to Janon for not killing me, I rather hate the raise dead effect. d:

I'll be sure and hold another one sometime in the future, but not too soon!
Horace
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Horace » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:02 am

Thanks Skeas - I liked it a lot. And it went about as smoothly as possible
Listen up! People pay good money to see this movie! When they go out to a theater they want cold sodas, hot popcorn, and no monsters in the projection booth! Do I have to come up there myself? Do you think the Gremsters can stand up to the Hulkster?
Janon
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Janon » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:23 pm

I enjoyed the show and especially had fun in the rp that followed. Thanks for hosting and keeping your rp IC! Great stuff.
Janon,
Corellon's Cartographer