Waterdeep Faire Grounds

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Mask
Staff
Staff

Waterdeep Faire Grounds

Post by Mask » Tue May 12, 2009 5:10 pm

Hear ye Hear ye!

Let all good people of Waterdeep be known a time of celebration has come! The Faire grounds will be open for games, food and fun for all wishing to attend! Several tents within will have our favorite denizens of the realms to play games, serve food, and give rewards to those who win the games.
Please come with only honorable intentions to enjoy yourselves. Be sure to bring coin for what lies within but beware - the use of magic to cheat at games may result in your expulsion from the Faire grounds and confiscation of any prizes won!

OOC: The Faire grounds will be opened at this time and will close in the late night of said time zone. Please remember this is the Waterdeep Faire grounds and bring races appropriate to Waterdeep's own laws. Player Killing is best avoided, please just come to have fun!
Briek
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Waterdeep Faire Grounds

Post by Briek » Tue May 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Citizens of Waterdeep!

Faires are large and busy events to be sure and in order for the attendents to enjoy themselves it must be a controled enviroment, as such I Private Briek Blackthorn of the Waterdeep City Watch shall be offering to go on voluntary duty on this day in order to police this event, if the Lords wish it of me.

Briek Blackthorn
Essquire to Tyr
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Wed May 13, 2009 9:40 am

Briek wrote:Faires are large and busy events to be sure and in order for the attendents to enjoy themselves it must be a controled enviroment, as such I Private Briek Blackthorn of the Waterdeep City Watch shall be offering to go on voluntary duty on this day in order to police this event, if the Lords wish it of me.
Dear Briek and other members of the Watch -

Your dedication is both noted and appreciated, but please be advised that the Lords, well aware of the stresses borne by those in the Watch, have arranged for a special detail of the Faire's crew to oversee law and rules enforcement at the event, and each Watchman is invited, yea, encouraged, to set aside their responsibilities as a Watchman while at the Faire, and just have a good time. I know that for many of us in the Watch, such is not exactly in our nature...but I ask that ye each do your best, and do your duty on the day of the Faire by setting an example for all those in attendance: play the games with gusto, smile and laugh heartily at the merriment, and abide the rules of the Faire yourself without feeling an obligation to help enforce them.

Cordially,

Lady Raona Corbin of Tyr
Watch Civilar and representative to the Council of Lords

p.s. If you are desperate to not have fun, perhaps you can be given a position in the dunk tank. :wink:
Last edited by Raona on Mon May 18, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Briek
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Briek » Wed May 13, 2009 10:06 am

Dunk Tank, that IS my idea of fun, just make sure it's full of a certain beverage!
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Mon May 18, 2009 5:56 am

Though I applaud the efforts of watchmen wishing to continue to patrol the faire grounds, I myself will be taking the time to enjoy this grand event as much as humanly possible. I bid those that have intent to work to do the same if they wish, since a faire is a grand, grand event. Nothing short of murder or utter mayhem will deter this watchman. My faith remains with the Carnival folk and their large clubs with nails in them to maintain the peace.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Sat May 30, 2009 3:11 pm

OOC: I didn't think to ask this until now, but are there any guidelines about what to do if you need to log off while at the Faire? Should you make a point of leaving, or of logging in before it closes and doing so (if you have hopes of logging back in again)? I don't want to see anyone trapped in the area.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sat May 30, 2009 3:29 pm

You should log off outside of the Faire, there's no connecting rooms to the outside world in there! :)
Beshaba potatoes.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sat May 30, 2009 7:45 pm

I just want to say thank you for the wonderful faire, it was excellent.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sat May 30, 2009 7:48 pm

Thank you for this event. It was quirky and fun. (I think that I can forgive you all for having kings, queens, princesses, and lords serving refreshments.) Seriously. Thanks!
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Yevel
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Yevel » Sat May 30, 2009 8:28 pm

Thanks so much!
Yevel, Warder of Ilmater
Nearraba
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nearraba » Sat May 30, 2009 9:12 pm

I don't want to sound like a broken record but in this case it's necessary...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

And one more humongous thank you for all the hard work put into this area!
Autumn is a second spring where every leaf has its turn to be a flower.
- Albert Camus
Lysha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lysha » Sun May 31, 2009 12:29 am

I had a great time with the Faire. Thank you all who helped make it great. <3
Your punch viciously hammers a shark's abdomen.
A shark is stunned, but will probably recover.

http://www.elfonlyinn.net/d/20070925.html
Zuldere
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Zuldere » Sun May 31, 2009 5:47 am

Yes it was a blast thank to all who made it possible.
Zhith Travel, Lost traveler
Zuldere warrior of tempus
Xerser,Tempest Little Fury
Elke
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Elke » Sun May 31, 2009 9:31 am

Just to add to all this - yes, thank you so much, it was fantastic!
Athglor
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Athglor » Sun May 31, 2009 10:37 am

It was awesome.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Sun May 31, 2009 11:07 am

Now I know what everyone who attended the last was talking about...and why I couldn't find trollhouse chocolate chip cookies anywhere else! Thanks both to the Imms manning the area and the area authors (Dalvyn and Blythe) for the effort put into writing and coding it. It lived up to and even beyond expectations...and Raona spent a whole day in a gown! It was the first time she's had FUN in....well, even Gwain said he had fun. Golly.
Lea
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Lea » Sun May 31, 2009 12:26 pm

I am so sad that I missed it but I was at work the entire time it was going on unfortunately. Sounds like a good time was had by those who attended :)
Dovan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dovan » Sun May 31, 2009 1:23 pm

Definately have to chime in and say I enjoyed it quite a fair bit, albeit short was my visit. Having two 3 year olds climbing in and out of your seat while trying MUD I find ain't so easy.

All that aside... bloody wonderful setting and fun.
"One life; Win or lose it's all a bet,
One chance; Don't show fear and do not forget" -Simon's Symphony

-Dovan, Burning Blade of Luck
Damyanik
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Damyanik » Sun May 31, 2009 3:41 pm

A most heartfelt thanks, and appreciation to all those involved.
Life is a theatre of tragedy, so learn to laugh at the ills, or you'll never laugh much at all.
Sirys
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Sirys » Sun May 31, 2009 5:28 pm

I see I'll have to save up for the next one so I can buy any tokens that come up for auction! I'll spend however many it takes to dunk Manshoon!!!! And the nice gifts that you had a chance to win were just marvelous. I just hope no one tries to steal my cake box. 8) I just hope we can have another one before everybody gets too old to go! :wink: