Making a Goblin Tribe

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Grouke
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Making a Goblin Tribe

Post by Grouke » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:05 pm

Im wanting to start piecing together a tribe of goblins, most of this would be just /one/ character trying to bring in a bunch of NPC's because there are no other goblins around (HINT HINT Make one HINT HINT). If I wanted to go about doing this, to further more plans that my character would have down the road how would I go about doing this? As I plan to have a place built for this tribe to live and all that /FURTHER/ down the road, as I realize it takes a lot of RP. Would the rules of making a "company" apply to this if so then it could be a mix of goblin and orcs to include more players.
Dis be fo' Mighty One!
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Making a Goblin Tribe

Post by Kelemvor » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:28 pm

Creating a mercenary company is covered by the rules you allude to and is well within the scope of the game.

However, I do need to comment on your reference to orcs and goblisn working together.
Unlike Orcs, goblinoid races worship only a single deity (save for, I think, desert goblins who worship a good-aligned fertility Goddess) and Maglubiyet isn't overly fond of Orcs
From his throne of flaming iron, Maglubiyet commands the souls of goblins, hobgoblins, and worgs to wage eternal war against the orcish petitioners of Gruumsh.
Whilst I applaud your plans for developing goblin activity within the game, you may need to take into account these kind of canon limitations.
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Grouke
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Grouke » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:40 pm

Alright, the company thing is what I was referring to. As far as the God thing I'll handle that on a different forum as not to give away anything. Thanks Kelemvor.
Dis be fo' Mighty One!
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:24 pm

I'm not in favor of allowing a PC to control many NPCs. Other than established groups, like the Waterdeep Watch, it isn't fair to other players. I say, build the goblin camp first, then see about who will be the leader. Build it and they will come! :twisted:
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Grouke
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Grouke » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:46 pm

I've already got it all laid out on paper, waiting for my building approval.
Dis be fo' Mighty One!