[EVENT] Training Event for Pages

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Raona
Staff
Staff

[EVENT] Training Event for Pages

Post by Raona » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:21 pm

With the ranks of young pages now swelling to appreciable size, Sir Briek and I have set out to offer some coordinated training sessions to hopeful paladins and goodly knights of all faiths and allegiances. These will focus primarily on the topics most difficult to teach in the formal lessons of the squiring process, such as leadership, communication, and diplomacy, as well as martial skills and horsemanship. (The formal squire lessons most of ye are bound for focus on duties, virtues, and right conduct.) Appropriate to the topic at hand, we shall have guest speakers, formal training and practice, and/or shall venture together in common cause.

Our first such session will focus on communication and leadership, and be held a fortnight hence at dawn, in the Meeting Room of the Halls of Justice in Waterdeep. Please attend if ye can.

OOC: Open to any good or neutral PC, but aimed at future paladins and cavaliers/application knights (fighters in the mold of a knight and sworn to something, as Sir Harroghty is sworn to Cormyr, and Lysha is sworn to Torm).

This is NOT obligatory, but about all we can offer while the squire system is undergoing revision. We'd appreciate a reply here if you are interested, indicating whether you are likely to be able to make it or not, and how long you could (or would want to!) stay.

Proposed time is currently
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... c=0&p1=159
but is likely to change (and be pushed back) in response to replies to this thread - so please let us know what works for you!

If you are interested in participating on the organising side of these events, or in serving as a guest speaker, please PM Briek and myself. Thanks!
Last edited by Raona on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelend
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Re: [EVENT] Training Event for Pages

Post by Kelend » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:05 am

Mornings are a bit a iffy for me, but I'll certainly try to make it.
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:17 am

I would love to attend, however mornings also do not fare well for me.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:35 am

I'm hearing a pattern here and in PMs, so how about later? Say,

Please let me know if that's a palpable improvement - it's about as late as I can go this week. Next week I could do two hours later than that.
Last edited by Raona on Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:44 am

Aramil shall be attending :)
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Unfortunately, will not be able to attend at the proposed time, as I work until 4 hours from the time posted. Don't plan it around me, though, and hopefully more can make this time.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Ramirus
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Ramirus » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:53 pm

Tentatively, Lysaron will be there.
Saranya
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Saranya » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:46 pm

I can make that time.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:14 pm

We'll go ahead with this proposed time for this first meeting, then, and try to push back to a later time for follow-on events. Our plan is to hold these at a variety of times and days of the week, so everyone has a chance to make some of them. They will not rely on a previous event to make sense or "work".

So, once again, we are confirmed for Wednesday of this week,

If you can't make it, sorry, hopefully next time! If you can, we look forward to seeing you there! Thank you for the feedback on time and interest, it is a great help.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:10 am

This is unfortunately about thirty minutes before I owe a report. That being said: if people are interested then I am able and willing to provide lessons on a variety of topics to include:
-Tournaments
-Jousting
-Weapons use (both coded instruction and the fundamentals of historical, armed combat)
-Patrolling
-Mission planning
-Combat leadership

It is possible that I could slip out from time to time, and I will try to make an appearance today, but we'll see.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:14 pm

Harroghty wrote:This is unfortunately about thirty minutes before I owe a report. That being said: if people are interested then I am able and willing to provide lessons on a variety of topics to include:
-Tournaments
-Jousting
-Weapons use (both coded instruction and the fundamentals of historical, armed combat)
-Patrolling
-Mission planning
-Combat leadership

It is possible that I could slip out from time to time, and I will try to make an appearance today, but we'll see.
We've got something more mundane lined up for today's session, Harroghty, so don't feel any pressure to show...and good luck with your report! The above would all be simply superb future topics, though, and the meeting time will vary so we'll coordinate with you on topic and time for one or more future events! Pages - pipe up if you are particularly keen to have a session on one of these topics!
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:59 pm

Thanks to Sir Aramil, Dame Saranya, Lysaron, and Kelend for their attendance! We'll set up another of these events soon!
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Totally did not even see this event until about an hour and a half after it started. Sorry, ill pay better attention and hopefully attend the next.
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Saranya
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Saranya » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:18 pm

Wonderful job on this everyone. Thank you Raona and Briek for organizing it! Was lots of fun! :D
Briek
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Briek » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Hail squires, pages, sergeants and men at arms all aspiring to chivalry and knighthood the time for another training session has come. Sharpen your blades and don your armour for we shall meet at the Fields of Triumph and engage in a mass sparring session together. You will be paired up against each other in competition and this will give us, your mentors a chance to see just how far along you have come and what you might need to practice in the future and there will also be an opportunity to teach anyone who may be seeking instruction in a particular skill of combat.

Anyone interested in watching this display of arms is welcome to come and sit in the stands without worry of interferance, at shall take place at....(http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... c=0&p1=136)

Sir Briek Blackthorn

OOC: Okay basically this is a melee combat tournament between squires, pages, fighters of relatively low level. Magical armour is fine, mundane weapons will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own. Briek will judge the event unless anyone else wants to if any priest would like to volunteer to be healer for the day please PM me. There will be lessons for anyone who wants to learn skills, weapons after this but you are free to leave at any time. Please let me know if this time works for you those I have already spoken to :)
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:18 pm

I can make this time (for 2 hours) any other weekday, but not Mondays. I'm not essential for this, though, and have plenty on my plate at the moment! Unless others have trouble with the time as well, please stick with it.
Briek
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Briek » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:16 am

Will see what other people post so to what it might be changed to, would prefer to keep the current time of day though as this suits Alfrid's player, any objections from anyone please let me know
Kelend
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Kelend » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 am

Barring anything unexpected coming up, I'll definitely be attending.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:55 am

I'll be there barring a late-night chat with the officer I work with or an Iranian invasion...

Good on you, Briek.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:08 am

Unfortunately Liric will be working the stables until four hours after the start time.