Pregnancies and babies

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Waukeen
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Pregnancies and babies

Post by Waukeen » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:22 am

Just to let everyone know, this is no longer on hold, so feel free to apply away for your devilspawn!

Love, Waukeen
The Mercantile Trade is the best road to enrichment.
Atheliyan
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Re: Pregnancies and babies

Post by Atheliyan » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:53 am

Just to confirm something, if we already previously sent an application and received a response while it was still on hold do we need to send another one now that its no longer on hold or is the previous application enough?
Waukeen
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Waukeen » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:07 pm

If you haven't received one yet, then please wait a bit longer. :) If you don't receive one in another 2 weeks then it would be best to send a follow-up then. The e-mails are still being replied to.
The Mercantile Trade is the best road to enrichment.
Atheliyan
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Atheliyan » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:01 am

Okay sorry to be a pest but i have another question, I sent my pregnancy app in several months ago and I did receive a reply, but is that all I have to do? And to start the rp or get approval will they come to me in the game or will I get an email and just "assume" she is at the beginning of being pregnant until she starts to progress and needs the special description or eq changes?
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:16 am

If your app is approved you will be given an item to wear called "a pregnant belly" that begins the pregnancy. It has progs to give echos etc. Until then it's best not to assume the roleplay. :)
Beshaba potatoes.
Oghma
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Oghma » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:34 pm

How it currently works is, you send in the app and one of the applications team posts it in a thread that is managed by the pregnancies admin.
May you find the knowledge you seek. If you find something else, it is still knowledge, and as such, still a gain.
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Mariela » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:04 pm

And if you have a belly that's still on? :) I think I fell through the cracks! :)
Confusion heard his voice, and wild uproar Stood ruled, stood vast infinitude confined;
Till at his second bidding darkness fled, Light shone, and order from disorder sprung.
--John Milton
Atheliyan
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Atheliyan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:44 am

Ok so not to sound like a typical dumb blond here but just to make sure, if it was received and forwarded to the pregnancy admin 2 months ago it should still be good? I just want to make sure so that if i do need to send another email I send it.
Shabanna
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Shabanna » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:24 pm

Just to clarify a couple of things... I am asking... please no one take offense. Maybe I have missed something.

1. I am aware that there are some recent changes in the staff involving who is handling baby stuff. ( Unless I am wrong) Just to clarify... If you have something you need to communicate with the baby imm/staff member about a currently approved and IN PROGRESS pregnancy/baby mob/baby/adoption rp ... who should you contact and how? if I am stupid and misread please forgive. I just do not see anything that looks like it has been posted since the RECENT changing of the baby guard

2. I read on another thread that there would be *random* Stork visits and I wanted to ask if the rules of the game had been drastically changed ? As.... I recall... in the past...there was a clear post made about pregnancy--- that it was always assumed that the wards and magic were well in place unless an app had been approved. My concern here is about FORCED preg rp. OOCly we all know that pregnancy can *happen* by accident. But in the past on FK it was VERY clear that the only way to participate in preg RP is to have BOTH parents apply for it. If... that has changed... I would like to suggest that we make a clear change in the help file and perhaps open the rp up to single mom apps. IF we are now saying that the "Stork Imm" can force the preg rp on someone just because they are talking about it or in a relationship rp.... then I see no reason to keep the single mom rp off the table.

ALSO... on a side note I do not particularly think it is fair to make some couples apply for the rp and then have it *happen* to others simply because you see them in a relationship rp talking about it alot or being snuggly. Unless you are planning to put the pill in the game ;) lol or the anti preg potion so that people can RP protecting themselves ( Yes that is snarky and sarcastic) Some people take the rp app system to heart... and I think to just impose a pregnancy on another is not fair to those who apply and wait. I think it sort of cheapens the special rp process? Just my opinion. On another tangent....If this is simply a way to get people to stop being snuggly then just say being snuggly is against the rules and be done with it all...
Shabanna
"May Fortune climb into your lap and refuse to leave"
Builder Council: Journeyman
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:59 pm

I can't confirm anything, but I can state withing reason an appropriate response based on my observations:

You probably still should send your pregnancy inquiries to the application posting, unless told otherwise by those admining the process.

On the other note. I've always found that pregnancy has been admin'd very well ever since it became a very popular rp. I have no doubt in my mind that if someone did not want to participate in a pregnancy rp that they would not be forced. I have full confidence in the pregnancy administration and the complex work they do. I would recommend not worry about becoming randomly pregnant. Just enjoy the game.

As I said before I cannot confirm all this, and I apologize in advance if I am mistaken in my recommendations.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Shabanna
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Shabanna » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:57 pm

Just for the record, I was not trying to stir up any worries...I was only commenting about the random thing because it was in the recent post by Mele in the special roleplay how to thread.
Q: Do we have to apply for the pregnancy?
A: Yes, both a mother AND a father have to apply for a pregnancy. Though, in some cases if a couple is seen speaking of and planning for or practicing the act often, there's always a potential the stork could visit!

*Note, this is not an attempt to bring forced on roleplay, it's something that has happened in the past and is only noted as a (rare) possibility.

I did note that it said it was rare... but still I wanted to ask as I thought it completely out of the question according to the old rules ... I realize things are shifting and changing... so I wanted a bit of clarification :)
Gracias senor Gwain!
Banna
"May Fortune climb into your lap and refuse to leave"
Builder Council: Journeyman