Leaving a faith

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Leaving a faith

Post by Algon » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:36 pm

Recently myself and a friend were having a conversation and he said, playfully, that he was just going to leave his faith. Which got me thinking. Is a person allowed to leave his faith? I am sure that it is not something that is easily done adn they would have to have a very good RP reason to do so. Is it something that would have to be applied for though a email? Just something I was wondering.

Algon
Kirkus
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kirkus » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:41 pm

I think for the most part any good good would allow a follower to leave. They would discourage, the god would probabily try to find out where the person was trying to go to. If the follower was trying to go to another faith there would be a couple different reactions. Like if they are going to an ally deity there would probabily be best wishes and hopes that it works out better for them there. But if they are going to an enemy god, they would probabily just try to kill the person. Now an evil faith would probabily just kill the person no matter what.
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Talon
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Talon » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:41 am

Yes, it has been my experience that an evil god would just kill the follower who wanted to leave the faith.
Talon the Lucky Locksmith
Jadom
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Jadom » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:59 am

It would probably also depend on the situation. Just saying , "Dang....Tempus is boring, I'm going to go follow Torm for a while for some kicks." would probably have some negative repercussions. :twisted:

I would think it is meant to be used only in roleplays that result in a radical shift of alignment/personality of your character.