Identifying Items

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Atraos
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Identifying Items

Post by Atraos » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:08 am

I've had a thought, i apologise if this already exists or has been discussed before.

Is there anywhere a character to go to have items identified by a mob? Instead of having to wait and find a player that has the identify spell?
In the example of my Drow character i have a few items that i think are magical but because of the times i play there arent usually that many people on, especially not other Drow. It would therefore be nice to be able to go somewhere to have items Identified with a little note on how to use them.
Obviosuly this would not be a free service.

Again apologies if this exists and i just havent found it yet.

Cheers
Dalmil
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Re: Identifying Items

Post by Dalmil » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:36 pm

Better yet, how about a lore skill that allows you to examine the items and discern its qualities, results based on lore skill level and wis/int. Or a trade like appraise, but for magical items. Low end results would only tell you if the item is magical and its value. Medium results would be something like magical or not, value, and treasure type (minor/medium/rare). And so on, up to what enchantment is on it. Whereas an expert at lore could tell that the item has an enchantment to increase <attribute>. A grandmaster would be able to tell what enchantment it is and how little/great it improves the attribute.
-Dalmil the Magician
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:35 am

Identify is already available to provide that information. Non-wizards having to find somebody to do it for them promotes interaction, which I think is a good thing.
In the case of drow, it can be much harder because there are so few people around, and even less so those that are able to perform this service.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:02 pm

There are drow that can use the identify skill.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)