Why can't I find parchment?

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Dustin
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Why can't I find parchment?

Post by Dustin » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:54 am

Very time I find a vender that sells parchment I get a message that they are out of stock. I have a quest that requires parchment. So are they out of stock because they only get X amount of parchement to sell per Y amount of time and thus I have to get lucky and buy it before it all gets bought up or is it just part of the game that no one wants to sell the half-elf some paper? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Zuldere
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Re: Why can't I find parchment?

Post by Zuldere » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:34 am

I think they hate half-elfs myself. but with scribe being up and more wizards and priestr learning it it most likely bad luck on your part as with any comp they are quickly bought out one or more people.
Zhith Travel, Lost traveler
Zuldere warrior of tempus
Xerser,Tempest Little Fury
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:46 am

Parchment isn't used for scribe.
darcrod
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by darcrod » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:07 pm

Hello Dustin.

Answering your question, it might be for two different reasons,

1) Most items have a limit to the number of instances that can exist at the same time (In personal storerooms + carried by players or their mounts), if that is the case, you can't buy that item until the number of instances is reduced (if that was the case you might try buying the item from the mob at different real-time times or approach characters who you think might have some in stock)

2) That particular mob has sold all its existences of that item.

I think that in this particular case taking in consideration the nature of the item, it's number two, so my suggestion would be asking around for shopkeepers that might have it in stock or even asking if they have a few spare pieces. *hint* Those of particular scholar churches might be of help here.

Hope it helps.
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:55 pm

As stated, parchment has nothing to do with scribe. However, parchment is heavily used these days. Notes, recipes, instructions, rough drafts of books/pictures, maps, even usage as signs thanks to the title commands makes it a high demand item. I know I have spent quite a while hunting a piece down when I needed it. That said, it can be found. Takes a long time sometimes, granted, but its out there. :mrgreen:
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Dustin
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Dustin » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:08 pm

Thank you for the responses. Guess I'll just keep looking. I've tried some of the "churches" but don't know where all of them are at so I'll just keep exploring the world. Was going to walk the whole world over anyways just to see what's there. :D