Open call for the uncoded deitity temple contributers

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Open call for the uncoded deitity temple contributers

Post by Gwain » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:38 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7882

The above outlines the general conversations related to this project. Below is a quote from the original project sandbox:
Kelemvor wrote:Those of you who were playing this time last year may recall a call for players to help in building a set of minor towns and cities for the game.
This led to my building the minor settlements area.

Now that that settlements area is under review I plan on moving onto a new area which will be made up of shrines and small temples.

At this stage, I just need ideas for those uncoded deities which you feel are missing from the game.

PLEASE NOTE : These deities will not be coded, will not have immortal characters. This is just for the purposes of adding a few rooms, mobs and items to the game with the flavour of the deity.

Some examples of uncoded deities which have shrines or temples in game currently are: Deneir; Gwaeron Windstrom; Milil; Silvanus and Skerrit

For now, please restrict your ideas to the deities of the Faerunian human pantheon or the pantheons of the 'classical' races - elves, dwarves, drow, orcs gnomes and halflings.

Feel free to note them in this thread and to discuss the submissions made by others. I have a few that will definitely be included or excluded, but everything else is up for grabs.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Open call for the uncoded deitity temple contributers

Post by Gwain » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:44 am

As we have moved past this point, the original project went into pause in early 2008 and was never completed. I've decided to take the time to complete this project as an offline builder. But it will take the efforts of a dedicated player group. For the most part, most of the original slots remain open with around five or six reserved for those that originally submitted for the project in 2008 that are still interested in the completion. As for the rest. I am opening them up to the playerbase as a whole. If you want to participate, please pick a deity from the list. It will be a first come, first serve basis.

I refer you to viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7759 for more relevant information for this project. The post after this one will highlight the spots available. Please post your choices in this thread. Only one player per choice please.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:48 am

Please Note, half of the links present on the original list were not working, so I've removed the majority. As there are many areas featured here that are not in or being developed for the mud, we will more than likely be moving temples to available areas in the game, though attempts will be made to make them correspond to original locales when possible. This also allows for a bit of free license on area design. But that will wait until after all the spaces are filled.

Master List

Akadi
OPEN
No canon location available (1 room) Faerdale

Auril
LATHLAIN
The Winter Palace (3 rooms) in Luskan

Azuth
OPEN
The Tower of Mysteries (3 rooms) in Mulmaster

Baervan Wildwanderer
OPEN
Oaksong Tower (3 rooms) in the Forgotten Forest

Brandobaris
LAITAINE
Brandobaris keeps no permanent shrines or temples (1 room) Hillvale, SW of Arabel

Clangeddin Silverbeard
OPEN
The Battle Cavern of Unquenched Valor (2 rooms) Earthfast Mountains

Fenmarel Mestarine
Caelnai
No cannon location available (2 rooms)

Gaerdal Ironhand
SINDRI
No canon location available (1 room) Golden Oaks

Gargauth
Gwain
Sign of the Silver Harp Inn (2 rooms) near Proskur and the Bridge of Fallen men

Grumbar
YAVOR
No canon location available (1 room) Spine of the World

Ilneval
KREGOR
No canon location available (1 room) Orc Camp

Istishia
MELUSINE
Castle of the Singing Dolphin (2 rooms) island in the Trackless Sea

Kossuth
OPEN
Flaming Brazier (2 rooms)in Bezantur

Lliira
OPEN
Starrevel House (3 rooms) in Berdusk

Lurue
OPEN
Place of the Unicorn (3 rooms) Neverwinter Hills

Luthic
KREGOR
No canon location available (1 room) Orc Camp

Nobanion
LARETHIEL
No canon location available (2 rooms) Shilmista

Red Knight
Harroghty
Citadel of Strategic Militancy (3 rooms) North-East of Baldurs gate

Shaundakul
OPEN
Lanthalas' Requiem (2 rooms) in the Stonelands of Cormyr

Siamorphe
JAENOIC
The Chapel And Chalice of the Divine Right (2 rooms) Street of the Singing Dolphin

Valkur
GRENWYN
The Temple of Endless Waves and Wind (2 rooms) Dragonisle, Sea of Fallen Stars

Velsharoon
OPEN
Order of One Thousand Nightmares (2 rooms) Fields of the Dead
Last edited by Gwain on Tue May 25, 2010 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caelnai
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Caelnai » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:57 pm

If still available, I would like Eilastraee - Dancing Dell (3 rooms) in Ardeep.

Thanks for relaunching this, Gwain!
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi.

I am interested in the Red Knight area.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Bellayana
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Bellayana » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:18 am

What about Savras?
The belief in a supernatural evil is not necessary;
Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.
-Joseph Conrad, Under Western Eyes

-Tofuergus Greenroot, Gnomish Ranger
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:17 am

I'll leave the current registration open until next Monday. After that, I'll take suggestions on any of the remaining temples areas to be built and let those interested select an appropriate deity.

Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:49 am

Eilistrae has been replaced as an option by Fenmarel Mestarine. This is in line with the current policies in regards to non registered deities in game as of 2009.

Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:34 am

I had originally submitted descs and mobile trainers for Ilneval and Luthic for the Orc Village when Kel was doing this project. I'd noted it hadn't made it into the camp yet, I guess it never made it to test port in my absence.

I still have the backups of the stuff for the shrines tucked away, I can re-contribute them for the new effort.
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Kregor - Ranger of Tangled Trees
Rozor - Lady Luck's Duelist
Tygen - Ranger-Bard of Mielikki
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:25 am

Currently I'm finishing my involvement with the mud, however I've compiled a list of all the designs I've been submitted and sent them off to the builder email. I would ask that you do the same, title the email uncoded deity temple project. Please follow the guidelines of the original project and do not expand or change it unless specified by the builder.

I apologize for the short notice. I made a promise to you that your designs would not be abandoned or languish. So I submit them in the hopes that they will make their way into the game eventually. Thank you for your time, efforts and help.

Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:27 pm

Gwain,

I will take over the project as hard builder, getting these minor shrines into the game will only enrich the FR feel more.

Do you still have access to the builder forum to post the already submitted descs into a new Under Construction post? I can assemble them from there, and so long as peeps get their descs in I can put it together in short order :)
"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:34 am

I sent them over to builders, but if you pm me your email, I can send them over to you in short order.

Duranamir
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Duranamir » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:57 am

I have finally sent the Shaundakhul Shrine desgin to the builders e-mail.

Duranamir
Zynarc
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Zynarc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:59 am

That's weird, what happened to the original submissions?
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:34 pm

The original submissions were lost. For the most part they were unrecoverable because the originator of this event was unavailable. I have as many as I could recover for the builders, but I no longer have the time to build the areas in question. As soon as I have the available time. I'll send them to applications. If you want and still have your files, I suggest you do the same.

Alaudrien
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alaudrien » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:05 pm

hey gwain has anyone done Lurue and Llirra? I'd whip up something for them I can even put the mobiles and items and rooms into code format for you if you like. i'm just no good at making the store haha! Well tata
I take only what I need and I need everything!

-Alyzlin
Kregor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Kregor » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:47 pm

The builders email is no longer in operation, as that was Christophe's email. Gwain, please send what you have to todmeister@cox.net.

Likewise, whomever has material for the shrines, please send them to the above email addy as well.

Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Tue May 25, 2010 4:51 am

All the uncoded deity temples areas I received have now been forwarded to Kregor. Thank you for your time and patience. I apologize for the slow response. If anyone is still interested but did not submit, they should follow Kregor's directions above.