domain prayers

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

domain prayers

Post by Dapher » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:33 pm

I looked and looked and could not find the thread reguarding this topic. I know there was one for a while, but it evades my search for the time being. Anyways, what I was going to ask about was the domain prayers for priests. Jarris has a number of prayers that he has trained, and are also domain prayers. For the moment I will use blade barrier as an example. Is it alright for me to memorize stone skin as the domain, and then memoriz blade barrier in the same spell level? At level 6 I memorize stone skin in the domain area, and then I memorize blade barrier as a normal prayer. I know you are only supposed to have one domain per level. But if it is a trained prayer, am I aloud to memorize it as well? And I would not attempt to memorize blade barrier as a domain AND as a normal prayer, I know that would be off limits.
Dapher Dullthumb- Garl's Chosen Illusionist
Telnier Talmar- Master Ranger of Mielikki
Jarris Taril- Warpriest of Tempus
Falgorn Felldew
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: domain prayers

Post by Algon » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:44 pm

If it is a spell that you are able to train and not something you only have access to as a Domain spell, then it would not be any different then memorizing any other spell for that spell slot. At least that is what it sounds like to me.
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Athglor
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Athglor » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:17 pm

I think so as well.

Since is a prayer you can train all your regular spell-slots could be with filled the trained prayer and the domain slot with the domain prayer.

EXCEPTION:

There is a particular case that should be interesting to address, but it is more easy to explain with a example.

Heal it's a 6th level prayer, but with the renewal domain you can memorize it in your level 5th domain prayer slot, doing a bit of work-around and messing with the spell memorization you could end filling all your regular spell-slots with heal as well and that would be code abuse, it doesn't matter that you have it as domain spell, if that prayer is a regular Xth prayer, you must only memorize that prayer in regular spell-slots as a Xth prayer or higher. The same could be said of any trainable prayers that you are able to cast a prayer as of a lower prayer level from a domain slot.
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:36 pm

I've always worked under the assumption that if you can train it, you can memorize it as much as possible. I had a similar situation with Nysan and good fortune, its a domain spell but also a trained spell on his list. The ASK session (I forget who it was) ended with the helper agreeing if I trained it, I can memorize it.

Of course, you need to respect a spell's regular spell slots. 6th in 5th slots runs the code abuse line. :wink:
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Mask
Staff
Staff

Post by Mask » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:24 pm

The game 'should' prevent you from being able to do this kind of thing? What steps would I have to follow to put a level 6 spell in a level 5 slot?
Athglor
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Athglor » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:55 pm

My most sincere apologies, I have been doing some testing and seems that is no longer possible to do so in the basis that now the mud detects when you have memorized a domain spell, regardless of its position in your spell list. In my defence I will say that such is not that I have tried and so I was unaware of the change :D

Now I will go to my corner of shame.
Caelnai
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Caelnai » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:45 pm

You're not going crazy, Athglor! There were (are) some bugs with memming domain spells which are fixed now or still being worked on. You can find details here. Feel free to comment on that thread if you find something you think is still a problem.

Thanks! :)