MODE +-PARTYVISIBLE

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Athglor
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

MODE +-PARTYVISIBLE

Post by Athglor » Fri May 07, 2010 5:32 am

Since May seems to be thieves' love month, I would like to throw a related suggestion.

The creation of a config mode for those who can hide, with this mode activated members of your group will be always able to see you should were hiding, otherwise they would make the check to spot you.

If this has many complications still making that you party can see you if you are hiding (and you them, should it was the case) opens the door too a much more enjoyable sneak party.
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Re: MODE +-PARTYVISIBLE

Post by Hrosskell » Fri May 28, 2010 10:45 am

Friendly bump from a thief who was around when discern let you see fellow hidden thieves. We used it to communicate sneaky plans whilst sneaking about.

This seems like a good alternative.

Edited for clarity.
Jamais arriere.
Keltorn
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Keltorn » Fri May 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Honestly, this seems like a must to me. Creeping around in a group shouldn't be as difficult as it is. Plus, with the recent discussion of critters getting their sneak on, this could help make sure you don't wind up losing track of your stealthy pets, too.

At the same time, perhaps people that can see you this way shouldn't be granted skill progression to their Listen skills? After all, they'd essentially be automatically succeeding on their spot and listen checks, so there's some concern that this setting could allow for abuse.
"Let all on whom Her light falls be welcome if they desire. Trust in Her radiance, and know that all love alive under Her light shall know her blessing. Promote acceptance and tolerance. See all other beings as equals."
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Is there any reason it wouldn't make sense to have party members automatically visible to anyone else in the party, without SPOT checks?
Athglor
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Athglor » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:49 pm

The very-extra-sneaky party member doing things that he would not like their party to know. But if we were to choose between party members not being able to never see his companion and always doing such, the last option still would be far better, it opens the door to more sneaky rp.
Keltorn
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Keltorn » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:36 pm

Raona wrote:Is there any reason it wouldn't make sense to have party members automatically visible to anyone else in the party, without SPOT checks?
If someone doesn't want their party to see them for any reason, it would be easy enough to sneak out of the room, to leave the group, or, if the config option were implemented, to just change the config option. If I were ever in a situation like that, I'd just type FOLLOW SELF and that would do the trick. Of course, if I wanted to get back into the group, I might have a little explaining to do.

"Hey, where did you go just a moment ago?"
"I, umm... Had to use the privy?"

Along the same lines, should party members automatically see you if you sneak? I'm of the mind that it'd be fine to still require listen checks for sneaking party members. The hiding is what's hindering sneaky roleplay.
"Let all on whom Her light falls be welcome if they desire. Trust in Her radiance, and know that all love alive under Her light shall know her blessing. Promote acceptance and tolerance. See all other beings as equals."