Label Command for Crates?

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Melian
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Label Command for Crates?

Post by Melian » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:43 pm

We have a label command for notes that adds the label to the short description of the object and also adds it as a keyword. After having a few characters with too many metals, ore etc to organize, it would be nice to have a label command added to crates for example. Maybe if you have some skill in woodworking, after making a crate or box you can label it like a letter. It would be nice and would help organize some of the metals around that I have. Instead of having to make 5 different wood type crates I can now make 5 of the same crates and label (for example) gold, silver, platinum, titanium, tin, etc.
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Label Command for Crates?

Post by Nysan » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:21 pm

A fine idea.

For the moment, Magical Post boxes are labelable (that a word?). They have a limited letter amount, but function rather well for ore/metal sorting. Your woodworking method is a good alternative as well, with a labeled piece of parchment in them.

Hope this was helpful.
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Melian
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Melian » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:49 am

Nysan wrote:
Your woodworking method is a good alternative as well, with a labeled piece of parchment in them.
I don't mean putting a piece of parchment in the crate. I meant labeling the crate itself as if it were a letter.

Maybe I'm just lazy and don't want to have to pull each crate out and have to look inside to put it back to find another one. LOL.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:09 am

There are boxes like that in the game for some areas. You can write with a quill a label on them and that will be included in the descriptors. I'd love to see it expand into other areas.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)