Are their Ninjas in the FK?

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Senreen
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Are their Ninjas in the FK?

Post by Senreen » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:43 pm

I was just wondering, since we have weapons like Sais, Katana, nunchaku, and shuriken, shouldn't there be ninjas in the FK? I mean, those are all weapons ninjas use. But they would probably be a subclass of rogues, right?
Gwain

Post by Gwain » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:00 pm

There are modules in the FR world that feature many far eastern lands that have different customs than the those of faerun, so there is a good chance. But I don't know if there is a class for thaqt, I'd imagine that a warrior is a ninja but I could be wrong.
Isaldur
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isaldur » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:27 pm

In Faerun it is rare you will find a Ninja, simply because Kara-Tur is a heck of a long way away from Faerun and very hard to get from/to. Oriental Adventure books explain the lands of Kara-Tur (or the Legend of Five Rings for 3e) in more depth.

If you wanted to play a Ninja that would be a special application which they are currently not accepting due to being understaffed and overworked, not to mention there is no actual class. The nearest you'll see is a thief sneaking around and using imported cheap katana swords.
A sapphire haired male aasimar replies to you 'What would you get Tanya for a wedding present?'
You reply to A sapphire haired male aasimar 'A swift kick to the head. '