[Command] Auto %, %, %

A place to suggest new commands, feats, skills, ...
Echet
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

[Command] Auto %, %, %

Post by Echet » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:53 am

This is an old command that allows your character to automatically spam a single spell at a particular opponent. Or yourself, if the spell is one of a certain set. Most people know about it, I think, but it's generally not especially useful due to a couple of particular quirks it has. This command could be made awesome if those were fixed.

First, there's no way to control who you're trying to cast the autospell at. Generally, you can tell that if it's a normally beneficial spell or dispel magic, you'll try to cast it on yourself. If it's a normally hurtful spell, you cast it on your primary enemy. Being able to provide a little more control to your autospell would be awesome. Perhaps the ability to set your target to either self, first opponent, or a specific string.

And second, the autospell can't figure out when you're out of mana or memorized spells of that kind. If it could learn that, and then stop spamcasting when you stop having enough spells/mana available, that would be amazing.

On that note, would it be possible to create a set of descending autospells? Set your first auto to lightning bolt, and your second to magic missile, and your third to chill touch, so that as you run out of each type of spell, it will automatically switch to the next type on the list.

Even if it's just the first two, I think that would be a huge improvement on the auto feature.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: [Command] Auto %, %, %

Post by Selveem » Sat May 14, 2011 7:59 am

I'm really surprised this thread got no attention. Perhaps many of our players just don't use this functionality because they don't know about it or maybe it's too spammy for them (it severely increases the size of my logs).

Personally, I really like the idea of improving on the auto command and making it a bit more functional and intelligent. I miss it for melee classes, but I can understand the logic behind not having it for them.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights