0-Level Spell Slots

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Grenwyn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

0-Level Spell Slots

Post by Grenwyn » Sun May 08, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm really liking this idea. My favorite so far is the "mending" spell. I mean, the others are cool and all (ray of frost comes to mind), but giving the unmarried teenage mages a spell to fix the holes in their socks? That's sheer genius!
Kalahani Ka'uhane
Gottschalk, Witchdoctah
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: 0-Level Spell Slots

Post by Orplar » Sun May 08, 2011 7:09 pm

Is there intended to be a domain-only slot for the 0th lvl spells?
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Mask
Staff
Staff

Post by Mask » Mon May 09, 2011 1:09 pm

There is not!
Hollenlark
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Hollenlark » Mon May 09, 2011 8:14 pm

I am absolutely thrilled with the level 0 spells. I particularly love the Summon Instrument spell. Whoever wrote that one deserves a cookie, big time.

I do still find myself wishing for one that is sadly missing from the list. We need Prestidigitation. It would probably be a pain to try to code, but it would be completely worth it.
Selveem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Selveem » Mon May 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Prestidigitation is definitely an amazing spell, but I'm not sure it has a place in the game due to the scope of its possible affects.. When I was playing D&D I used it to turn my three coppers into platinum.
This land shall come to the God who knows the answer to War. -Ninety-Nine Nights