Hometown based guild support

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Mask
Staff
Staff

Re: Hometown based guild support

Post by Mask » Sun May 01, 2011 10:05 am

I think there are some great ideas in this thread, and that we should now think about what would be required to bring them to fruition!

Things I think we need:

1) Decide on name and location of Adventurer's guild in our first few cities - I think these will be Waterdeep, Mithril Hall and Zhentil Keep.

2) Define the full list of quests that each Adventurer's guild will tell you about, and what levels each quest would be appropriate for (this will help us detect gaps in quests - ie, no high level quests in ZK etc).

3) Add the alt-notification/group-finder system.

4) Build the guild halls in the three starter cities.

I think this would be a good start? Who wants to do what? Obviously, the alt-notification/group-finder stuff will need some hard code support, so I'm happy to do that, any volunteers for the other stuff?

Thanks,

M
Eltsac
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Eltsac » Sun May 01, 2011 10:21 am

Well for MH project, it will be in the revamp project :)

El
Eltsac, Loren Wildsoul, Gaymor, Heleyn Featherhand, Aminiel Emeraldeyes, Derissa Silvershield, Hova, Cal Nimblefinger, Cylistria Baenre
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Post by Hrosskell » Wed May 11, 2011 7:06 am

After multiple hundreds of years of playing this game and trying to learn to build, I still haven't mustered up the willpower to learn to build beyond writing the rough skeleton of an area (and I probably did that wrong, because I have never submitted it to anyone for peer review). That being said, I am open and available through e-mail, PM, and AIM (gray joys) to bounce ideas off of or throw some suggestions in on the topic at hand, including but not limited to:
mobile, room, and item description;
general quest outlines and dialogue;
and last, but not least, tasteful
implementation of death traps.

Most importantly I'm making this post to see if anyone has taken the reins on WD/ZK guilds and if they need any help with brainstorming. The post seems to have died off a little since I was last free from working a lot/giving in to the demands of my WoW arena team, so I figured I'd check it out/hopefully revive interest in the subject as a whole.
Jamais arriere.
Raona
Staff
Staff

Post by Raona » Fri May 13, 2011 10:08 am

While I shouldn't be signing up for more while still trying to catch up with what's already on my plate...if nobody else is game, I'll take on the Waterdeep branch (it being the only location with which I'm sufficiently familiar), at least item (2). I think this is an important initiative!
Ramirus
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Ramirus » Fri May 13, 2011 7:33 pm

I'm not really qualified to take the lead on things, but I'd like to help out, along the same sort of lines that Hrosskell specified (minus the death traps, I'm not too devious), and I guess probably with the WD group. I can be reached through PM and more convenient methods if those are preferable.