Compliments!

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Shava
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Compliments!

Post by Shava » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:38 pm

Perhaps we need some place to give compliments to people, those we don't know who did something, like area builders or quest builders. Whether or not this takes off, who knows, but I want to tip my hat to a quest builder.

I just did the heraldry quest and I give uber kudos to whoever wrote it. As a herald in a medieval recreation society that does it's absolute best to be historically accurate, you did an amazing job in your research. I really appreciated it. (And if you're a herald too, yay on using said knowledge in a gaming capacity)
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Compliments!

Post by Harroghty » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Just an historian, but thanks for the kind words. Glad that you enjoyed it.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Akiren
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Akiren » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:18 pm

I'd like to add to this thread and compliment the builder(s) who designed and built the area/quest that involved the canopic jars. No idea what the name of that quest is, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about it.

Absolutely fantastic atmosphere, action and I had a brilliant time figuring out the puzzle. Great work!
Pain be your deliverance
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:06 am

A certain pirate quest released about two months ago simply was an incredible experience. So many levels of information and subtly kept my interest for several hours. Great job.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Vantaniael
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Vantaniael » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:14 am

Gwain wrote:A certain pirate quest released about two months ago simply was an incredible experience. So many levels of information and subtly kept my interest for several hours. Great job.
That.

Also all those irksome little spelling errors or minor glitches while not nearly important on any scale are often resolved quickly and efficiently. Though this may be more thanks then complimentary, er.. Good job!
Follow your heart, yes.. but use your head, too. Take to every task with zeal and passion, but try to pair it with sage and discerning execution.
Pirro
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Pirro » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:14 am

I'd like to thank whoever put in the merchant who sells colored scabbards/weapon loops. It's a small thing, but awesome for those of us who are over-obsessed with color schemes.
Bellayana
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Bellayana » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Hey, I just wanted to concur with Gwain. I had a lot of fun on the quest through Westgate and really think it made the adventure travel around enough.
The belief in a supernatural evil is not necessary;
Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.
-Joseph Conrad, Under Western Eyes

-Tofuergus Greenroot, Gnomish Ranger
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Mask (primarily), but everyone else, too. I played some other MUDs today for ideas.

The game you have wrought, Mask, is light years more polished. We sometimes get so mired in the little gripes we have here that we cannot see the forest through the trees. I definitely appreciate your product immensely more in context of those other games. Thanks!

Players, you are so much more talented that many of those in other games. Pat yourselves on the back. Thanks!
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:09 am

It needs to be said that Harroghty is a superb administrator. He has taken the time to answer applications, fix quest issues and redo or refine areas to the point that they are far more interactive than they've ever been before. Not only that, he's experimented with new soft code and created unique experiences you don't usually see in other muds. I offer compliments for taking the time and finding the time to assist all players no matter how they are perceived or even taking the time to explain one-on-one why something can't be done or has to be done another way. I am grateful for those alone. You are doing your job without bias and as a service to everyone in the game. Thank you.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:05 pm

I have spent a good number of years on FK, and watched things change drastically in the last year and a half especially. The number of new areas and new quests is very impressive and fun. All the new items being put in are absolutely awesome. I want to thank the staff for the time they put into the game to make it fun for all of us.
Dapher Dullthumb- Garl's Chosen Illusionist
Telnier Talmar- Master Ranger of Mielikki
Jarris Taril- Warpriest of Tempus
Falgorn Felldew
Katheryn
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Katheryn » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:55 am

I know I've seen this thread somewhere!

To the person who saw to my bug report, thank you. It was a less than 24 hour turn around, on something that meant the world to my character and myself.

Thank you to the IMM staff who've done a wonderful job in maintaining this place we come to, to enjoy on our own terms. You do a lot for us and sometimes it goes unnoticed because it's expected that help be offered. You don't have to play, but you do anyway, and you help the game as a whole grow.

So, thank you! :)
Just because someone stumbles and loses their way does not mean they are lost forever. Sometimes we need a little help. It is the greatest gift we have - to be able to bear pain without breaking, and it's born of the most human power: Hope.
Melusine
Staff
Staff

Post by Melusine » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:31 pm

I know this is an older thread but I just wanted to give a shoutout to whoever was running that mysterious rp last night. It was a ton of fun and kept me awake way past my bedtime.

Also, many thanks for Anastacia's amazing new knife. >:D I completely love it.
Anastacia Syria, Truescar of Loviatar
Elenthis
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Elenthis » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:20 pm

RP was good. Clever tricks too!

Knife...less good *peer*

:-D
Far away and across the field, the tolling of the iron bell calls the faithful to their knees to hear the softly spoken magic spell.
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:02 am

Whatever's been going on the past few days (I haven't understood all of it), I applaud everyone involved, especially whoever's been running things. It has kept me guessing and wondering and thinking on the fly and, even though things haven't ended to everyone's care, it's been an incredible piece of RP history for me. Thanks.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:11 am

It was fun!

Elenthis
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Elenthis » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:30 am

Agreed! This RP has been 3 nights for me, and at the end of each, my wife's been like "Still going the thing, huh?" and I'm like "Go to bed. I might see you tomorrow."

In other words...Thank you very much to the imms for the GREAT fun. And thanks you to the players on both sides of this coin! Well done, all!

Jeff.
Far away and across the field, the tolling of the iron bell calls the faithful to their knees to hear the softly spoken magic spell.
Kaaurk
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Kaaurk » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:42 am

Compliments to the chef the RP tonight was awesome :D
Althasizor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Althasizor » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:59 am

Agreed! Thank you very much to the immortal who orchestrated tonight's event, it was a blast the whole way through!
What are you talking about? What, that guy?
That was like that when I got here.
Elenthis
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Elenthis » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:41 am

Tonight's RP run by 'someone' was a great deal of fun. I found the balance between combat, RP, and comedy to be perfect. Further, the difficulty was appropriate to our group. Well done, all players involved, and well done 'someone'.

I have to add...+55 points for the "end" of the RP. I won't give it away, but...the "dumb and dumber" moment was...amazing.

Jeff.
Elenthis
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Elenthis » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:04 pm

Once again, I find myself in the enviable position of feeling the need to send my regards and fond thanks to whomever ran the 'slime related' RP this afternoon! Aside from having obviously taken quite a bit of time for setup, it was executed well, and best of all, geared toward grouping, especially of 'younger' players and characters! Many good times were had by the group I was in (sorry about the painful puns) and I believe there were some fun residual RP's as a result!

So thanks to the players who partook, and thanks for the fun!

Jeff/Elenthis.