Player Status

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Tarven
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Player Status

Post by Tarven » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:11 pm

Alright, so, I've had a little time to clear my head, and a good bit of private encouragement as to how to avoid the elements that were putting me off. I think I may still avoid my thief until things are updated/fixed, but I miss the RP and the game in general.

To those who showed up to Everdusk Hall, I apologize, and have rescheduled for 1 week from now, on 9/8/12. Hope to see people there.
Trillarel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Trillarel » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Sorry for disappearing off the face of FK for three months. I was busy, then I was away with no comp access... I'm back and already made progress with my dwarf - if only I knew how to exit Mithral Hall...
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:04 am

Welcome back, Trillarel.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Pirro
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Pirro » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:38 am

Events in real life, good and bad (mostly good) have been keeping me away. Nothing is guaranteed, but things seem to be slowing down now, and I hope to be around sporadically between now and the end of the year.
Tarven
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Tarven » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:10 am

Every day I get up, wary, but enthusiastic about wanting to play FK. Within an hour or two, that feeling is gone, for one reason or another.

I admit, it's a hard game to break away from, but I just can't subject myself to the ups and downs anymore. Just not worth it. There are some great things that happen around here, and a lot of less than great things too. The best advice I can give to anyone, especially new players:

Avoid OOC at -all- costs. Stay off the forums except for bugs. Don't give out AIM or other instant message info. Ask people not to use ooc communication in the game.

I give up. Please remove the Everdusk Hall event reschedule, unless someone else wants to take over organization.
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:45 am

Off-line till somewhen in October, except maybe two weekends. Time to have a look on what's been going on in Alsace-Lorrain after big bro Rome has left the house due to an empire collapsing and a whole lot new migrants coming along the way. And eating baguette with nice cheese and cidre.
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Rennick
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Rennick » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 pm

I am in the process of moving and my apartment has lost its connection to the internet. For the next month I will unfortunately only be able to log my characters on occasionally when I am able to get to an internet connection. Hopefully I will be able to become more active in a month when things get settled.
Rennick, Ranger of Mielikki
Tireniel, Crusader of Shevarash
Jarus Altens, Senior Steeleye of Helm
Arvalan Symbaern, Priest of Corellon
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Having some RL issues right now - I will not be around as much as I would like over the next week or two...

My apologies, but please PM me if you need me for any reason. I'd be happy to find time in this hectic mishmosh of time that is fall.

Thanks,
D.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Nearraba
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nearraba » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Just popping in to say that I missed you guys and haven't vanished!
Moved back across country and finally settled. I'll be
back in the swing of things within the next day or so!
Autumn is a second spring where every leaf has its turn to be a flower.
- Albert Camus
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Nearraba wrote:Just popping in to say that I missed you guys and haven't vanished!
Moved back across country and finally settled. I'll be
back in the swing of things within the next day or so!
Yay! Welcome back! :D
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:05 pm

In Dublin until Wednesday night. I might be scarce.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm burning the candle at both ends of late, so pardon me if I am slower than usual in addressing issues or replying to PMs. Thanks.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Bellayana
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Bellayana » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for my absence but I'm back more now, and should have more free time to do some playing. Hope to see you all soon.
The belief in a supernatural evil is not necessary;
Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.
-Joseph Conrad, Under Western Eyes

-Tofuergus Greenroot, Gnomish Ranger
Trochilus
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Trochilus » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Trochilus here, just posting an OOA in advance. I am active USAF, currently deployed to the Middle East. I return to the US this Friday, 19 Oct, but I don't plan to actually settle in again until after the 22nd or so. Just a heads up.
Briek
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Briek » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi all

You may have noticed I havent been around for some weeks as work has been busy including being in Paris for training then I went straight to Spain to see the family. I'll be back in a week however!
Rhytania
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Rhytania » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Lurking around, this game just keeps sucking me back. Brushing up on my FR and FK syntaxes/commands.
Last edited by Rhytania on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Welcome back, Mike. Good to see a familiar old face around, glad the world hasn't consumed you.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Lysha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lysha » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Just a post to say that I'm not dead! I've just been consumed with baby stuff and work. We're 20 weeks and 5 days along as of now, and having a little boy! :D I'll spare y'all the pictures. He loves to show off his...staff. >_>

I've been lurking, as I always do, but if you need me for some reason or other, or just to chat, shoot me a PM, and I will get it and respond asap. I'm always on here checking out how things are going and voting on TMC.

I miss y'all, and can't wait to come back some day, it just isn't clear as to when that will happen, or if it will at all.

My love to you all.

~Laura and Baby Jimmy~
Your punch viciously hammers a shark's abdomen.
A shark is stunned, but will probably recover.

http://www.elfonlyinn.net/d/20070925.html
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:46 am

I'll be absent for a few days. If you have something that you want to be certain that I see upon my return then I recommend that you send me a PM.
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Post by Hrosskell » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:14 am

Hey guys! I've started my hectic business and, while I don't see too many changes on the horizon, I may or may not be prone to sudden, unannounced, extended AFKs. I'll do my best to communicate should things arise, but the nature of my job requires I respond quickly at all hours. Just giving you the heads-up. :D
Jamais arriere.