Weapon Focus Shieldwork

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Aveline
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Weapon Focus Shieldwork

Post by Aveline » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:29 pm

ok, with a darkened wooden buckler...lots of fighting and still nothing.
but, the first fight with 'decorated steel shield' I immediately got two echoes of 'you take someone's attack on your shield' in the same fight.
Seems a little coincidental now for it not to be related to certain shields as Gwain suggested.

I seem to remember a long time ago, when changes were made somewhere, someone asking for a list of shields so changes could be made to them. Perhaps certain shields were not mentioned and didn't get included in this. I'll look through the forums to see if I can find the thread.
Isolrem
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Isolrem » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:47 am

Aveline wrote:I've been fighting a lot lately looking for this echo, and I'm one of the ones not getting any echoes at all. Using 'a tower shield of rock-hard metal. I'm suspecting it has something to do with the shields as well. I'm going to try a different shield a little later and see if it makes any difference.
5 seconds ago, I received a blocking echo with this shield
Chars: Aryvael et all.
Briek
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Briek » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:01 pm

I also recieve the echo quite frequently with the tower shield of rock hard metal, the only thing I have seen that makes a difference is the type of enemy you are fighting.