Bane dead atm- I wish to follow Iachtu Xvim

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:48 am

I'm still not sure if the character should follow Bane, just created and making background. I should have been more clearer, what I meant was if you have a character that'd like to follow Bane and would like to let the admin know ahead time so that they know that someone is willing to take part in the resurrection, should they file an application or just wait for the RP to come. I've no problem with waiting, just wanted to know what I should do if I'm willing to take part.
Jysrak Armgo of House Barrison Del'Armgo -MENZO-
Jys/rak: Jys = Hard, steel, unyielding, /rak = Chaos, storm, tempest
Aegir
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Aegir » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:51 am

That would be more up to you then anything. If you want to wait and join normally once he's in, then that likely wouldn't need any sort of app. If you want to play the char like he's waiting for Bane's return, and/or planning to assist in the event, that would.
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:40 pm

Our policy to date has been not to allow players to follow Bane until he is in.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Oghma
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Oghma » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:27 pm

Generally the policy was enforced for hopeful waukeenars as well until she was introduced into the game world. It also should apply to Bane until he has been returned. There are a few non registered deities that may never have followers within the game world without a significant and long term rp, but that does not apply to Bane, who is currently going to be added eventually. Those issues should be discussed elsewhere and is at the discretion of the app team per case basis.
May you find the knowledge you seek. If you find something else, it is still knowledge, and as such, still a gain.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:03 am

Lathander wrote:Our policy to date has been not to allow players to follow Bane until he is in.
Not meaning to argue, but just wanted to say that I didn't want my character to be a registered follower of Bane, just wanted to know whether or not to tell the Admin team ahead of time I might be/am interested on helping out in the RP ( the return of Bane ). I know that the Admin team is putting a lot of time and effort into making this work out, and I was just curious if I should let you guys know in an application or just wait until the RP arrives that I have a character that wants to follow Bane.

I also wanted to say I appreciate how much effort you guys are putting into this event, and thanks for all the work you've put into the MUD.
Jysrak Armgo of House Barrison Del'Armgo -MENZO-
Jys/rak: Jys = Hard, steel, unyielding, /rak = Chaos, storm, tempest
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:49 pm

I see, thank you for the clarification. We'd rather not take applications on joining an rp unless we call for such applications. I am sure you can forsee the cries of "foul" if we did it any other way. In this particular case, I highly doubt that anyone would not want to be a part of the Bane rp (whether on the good or evil side of things).

As far as the rp itself, we have discussed several options in the past. Nothing is solidified. Some current rps are even being considered as launching points for a Bane one. My best advice is to involve yourself in rp wherever possible. While it might not be possible for everyone to be in the same room for a given rp, it is possible to involve yourself in a smaller part of the rp or a side rp. However, the scope of such a thing is not small and time committments by imms are paramount to its success. It will happen when it happens, and might be already, who knows? Certainly not the imms yet.
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Cret
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Bane dead atm- I wish to follow Iachtu Xvim

Post by Cret » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:57 am

Its been nearly a year since this topic was broached here. Is there any news of up and coming Rp?
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Re: Bane dead atm- I wish to follow Iachtu Xvim

Post by Lathander » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Nope
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity