Demand more bolts!

Ungtar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Demand more bolts!

Post by Ungtar » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:20 pm

Yemin wrote:I think thats a fair opinion and didn't know that about crossbows though I'm a fantasy historian not a real one.

Its fine having different fashions in different places..., actually its somewhat important to and its an area that could be improved somewhat. But end of the day, I stand by my view that its pretty funny the mighty waterdeep cannot provide one adventurer with a crossbow, set of bolts and a quiver.
Since Waterdeep largely does cater to adventurers, yes, there aren't really any good IC reasons not to have more high-powered, monster-killing gear available.

There are places that sell some pretty cool ones inside Waterdeep, but they are religiously biased.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:46 pm

I have added some crossbows and quarrels (crossbow bolts) to Waterdeep. (Pending game update.)
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Ungtar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Ungtar » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:54 pm

Harroghty wrote:I have added some crossbows and quarrels (crossbow bolts) to Waterdeep. (Pending game update.)
Heh. Welcome back from Paris.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:58 pm

Bro don't forget da quivers! *cry*
Could call them bolt cases for crossbows, just for flavor
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Terageld
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Terageld » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:05 am

Harroghty wrote:I have added some crossbows and quarrels (crossbow bolts) to Waterdeep. (Pending game update.)
Woohoo! The next day in the city of Waterdeep:
A smile slowly forms on Terageld's face as he cranks up his heavy crossbow.
Yemin peers at Terageld and asks 'What's with that savage grin?'
Terageld says 'I'm gonna shoot me up some... everythings.'

Poor barkeeper at the Singing Sword is still trying to remove the crossbow bolts from the walls.
"There is nothing more invigorating than challenging the elements. The feel of wind and spray on one's face and the deck pitching beneath one's feet is the greatest feeling in the world."
And cats. I love cats.
Ungtar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Ungtar » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:11 am

You're gonna shoot your eye out, kid.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:06 am

Could we have zorindar sell quivers to complete the ensemble of him being a range d weapon salesman?
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lylena » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:57 pm

No sense of adventure.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you."
Such is the rule of honor.
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:06 pm

At what point do we just put everything into Waterdeep and not make anyone search or adventure to find them on their own? Come on, there are very real alternatives for quivers veryveryvery nearby.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:45 pm

thats a fair point i suppose if your a hardcore explorer I think.

I'd rather spend my time looking for... quests, loot, princesses that need kissing though, than a quiver is all
Hrosskell
Staff
Staff

Post by Hrosskell » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:06 pm

There are quivers sold in Waterdeep on an appropriately themed vendor.
Jamais arriere.
Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lylena » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:04 am

Yemin wrote:I'd rather spend my time looking for... quests, loot, princesses that need kissing though, than a quiver is all
When doing all those things, you might run into a quiver/whatever you're looking for.

I appreciate Waterdeep not having everything I'd desire, mostly because I've been forced to leave it to find the desired object, go on adventures with others characters, run into other quests, etc.

I am by no means a hardcore explorer. In fact, exploring is one of the things I dislike doing most by myself. But if I'm with someone and we're RPing, it's enjoyable and I'd pretty much explore anywhere. I've even run into quivers! Not that I remember where they are, but they're out there.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you."
Such is the rule of honor.