Hobbies!

Ungtar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Hobbies!

Post by Ungtar » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Larethiel wrote:As some will know, my most avid hobby is cooking and everything connected with good meals and good food experiences :) That being said, I am -always- interested and eager to share and exchange recipes and food stories!
I'm on the worst diet in the world. It's to fix some autoimmune bone and spine issues from an accident I was in back in 91.

There's no nightshades, no dairy (not even butter), no nuts, no seeds, no grains, etc. In other words, meat and vegetables only with minimal seasoning.

It's 3 months long and I was sick of it on day 3. (Day 27 now.)

Any ideas for me? :)
Althasizor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Althasizor » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:29 pm

Alitar wrote:Can confirm. Larethiel is always mentioning some crazy food thing that sounds yummy but I've never heard of before.
No lie, this is legit. I caught her at it in the wild last night:
Aramil answers snip: Spinach-herb stuffed dough thingies and cod patties cooked in tomato sauce for dinner ;) Thanks! Have a nice stay
IMPLYING YOU WEREN'T MAKING ME HUNGRY, LARE.
What are you talking about? What, that guy?
That was like that when I got here.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:17 pm

I learned how to make cake out of a box and diet soda for half the calories of normal cake and it's better than a normal cake.

SO FANCY.
Beshaba potatoes.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:30 pm

Mele wrote:I learned how to make cake out of a box and diet soda for half the calories of normal cake and it's better than a normal cake.

SO FANCY.
Can you link /detail the recipe and brand of box cake?
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:46 pm

I use cherry coke zero and pilsbury fudge chocolate cake. You literally just combine and mix them, then cook to the directions on the box. (For me it's 350 for 30 mins, but diff ovens and pants make it diff.) I top it with a little cool light cool whip for like 260 cals a serving - which is WAY less than cake normally. Like 1/3 of a frosted cake calories.

(You better not be mocking me and this serious reply looking dumb.)
Beshaba potatoes.
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:03 pm

Does this count as a hobby? It's pretty much consumed my life. (For the better.)
Beshaba potatoes.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:08 pm

Mele wrote:I use cherry coke zero and pilsbury fudge chocolate cake. You literally just combine and mix them, then cook to the directions on the box. (For me it's 350 for 30 mins, but diff ovens and pants make it diff.) I top it with a little cool light cool whip for like 260 cals a serving - which is WAY less than cake normally. Like 1/3 of a frosted cake calories.

(You better not be mocking me and this serious reply looking dumb.)
Not a chance, Cake is serious business. I don't screw around when cake is involved.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:12 pm

I did it once with a yellow cake, I used apple cider flavoured carbonated water, added cinnamon and cubed apples. It was amazing.
Beshaba potatoes.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:15 pm

Hrm..., I never realised Cake making was so variable. Is the carbonated important you think or will normal strawberry cider work similarly
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:20 pm

It's the carbonation. :)
Beshaba potatoes.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Right then... We'll have to find some carbonated strawberry cider!!
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:30 pm

My current WIP is being fawned over by friends and family. MINE THOUGH MINE.
Beshaba potatoes.
Svenrick
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Svenrick » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:26 pm

Nice blankie, Mele.

These are some pretty cool hobbies so I guess I'll go out soon and take a picture of all the grills as well as digging through some old emails to find pictures of past cooks we've done.

On a side note I should probably try to find a new hobby.
Terageld wrote:If you're at it long enough, you get to wear the hive on your back and control the bees with your mind. Just look at the world's greatest beekeeper, The Pain.

*No, not really. That doesn't happen. I take no responsibility for any injuries caused from this.
Instructions unclear, microbomb activated.

You'll be hearing from my lawyers for that improper use of clause asterisk, mister.
Noble intention. Slow action. Swift justice. Swallowed pride. These are the traits of a plucky hero.
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Sharing means caring...My menu for the prospective in laws tomorrow :D

1. Tomato-fennel soup with Ouzo and spiced flatbread chips

2. Spice-perfumed roasted shoulder of lamb with steamed persian rice, baked zucchini and pommegranate sauce

3. Baked figs marinated in pommegranate molasses, sugar, lemon and thyme with a dollop of fatty joghurt.

4. Maybe a nice Single Malt Whisky, smoky Ardbeg for me, mild Aberlour for the rest.
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:48 pm

Larethiel wrote:Sharing means caring...My menu for the prospective in laws tomorrow :D

1. Tomato-fennel soup with Ouzo and spiced flatbread chips

2. Spice-perfumed roasted shoulder of lamb with steamed persian rice, baked zucchini and pommegranate sauce

3. Baked figs marinated in pommegranate molasses, sugar, lemon and thyme with a dollop of fatty joghurt.

4. Maybe a nice Single Malt Whisky, smoky Ardbeg for me, mild Aberlour for the rest.
1. I don't know... how do you even? what is Ouzo?!!?! Is it edible uno?

2. Trust an elf to perfume sheep. We call that exotic in Waterdeep

3. ...... ..... .... .....

4. So, we've come to this have we. A world where people don't drink whiskey just to get drunk.

Its like seeing one of those legendary perhaps fictional royal medieval cooks reincarnated.
Lirith
Staff
Staff

Post by Lirith » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:51 pm

Larethiel wrote:smoky Ardbeg for me
You have such excellent taste. I like a Highland Park myself.
Terageld
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Terageld » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:30 pm

That fig dish sounds good... Can you post the recipe for us?
"There is nothing more invigorating than challenging the elements. The feel of wind and spray on one's face and the deck pitching beneath one's feet is the greatest feeling in the world."
And cats. I love cats.
Maetha
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Maetha » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:00 pm

I thought I'd posted in here before- but I suppose I put it in the other thread we had.

My hobbies include:
Gardening,
The Occult (Tarot, rune reading, alchemy, etc.),
Tabletop/Video gaming,
Animal care,
Writing/Reading,
Music (Little guitar and piano, mostly vocal),
Comedy,
Trolling on the internet.
This is the kind of thing that makes the Gods think we're fools.

Caethos- Half-Elf Red Knight Cleric
Ithaca- Wild Elf Warrior
Plathine- Human Pirate
Schezalle- Drow Executioner Rogue
Mele
Staff
Staff

Post by Mele » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:20 pm

I'm pretty sure we all share that one in common: Trolling the internet.
Beshaba potatoes.
Lylena
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Lylena » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:18 am

Hello, my name is Lylena (ntrlly) and I play FK mostly as my hobby.

I also attend concerts (Rise Against in November, Atreyu in December and Iron Maiden in February, saw The Offspring earlier in July and Slipknot/Lamb of God/Bullet for my Valentine in August) as a growing problem, as well as play console games when the urge strikes. I recently started knitting some awful item (I don't even know what it is, I need to get better) that would break my camera if I attempted to take a picture of it, and every now and again I get the urge for console games. I appreciate the .hack series as well as the Dragon Age games. OMGFALLOUT4.

My sister and I want to get into cosplay making at some point, our main goal is to become the Elric brothers from Fullmetal Alchemist. She's short, so she makes a perfect Ed and I'd be Al. Endgame goals. Go figure I'd pick the char all decked out in armor, quite literally as he is a spirit in a suit of armor. ;)
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you."
Such is the rule of honor.