Scribing and ba

hasryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Scribing and ba

Post by hasryn » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:57 am

Actually I was proposing as it makes sense and it's allowed in 3.5 and that is what FK is currently modeled after. It's not a fix and you have to think of the skil as a whole. Being able to write scrolls is useful for passing along spells and bards themselves are short on feats so if a class that is already stretched in what they need to be good has to be stretched more if they want to teach..then it is rather bothersome. But also scrolls can be used to stock up for utility purposes as well beyond just what is used in a fight. Because most of the time you will be reciting them outside of a battle. But alas back to the main point of the topic suggestion. It was mainly to add something to bards by all rights and purposes if we where going strictly by 3.5 it'd be a skill you get via feat. Because right now we have more pressing things in que to be fixed hard code wise than newer spells just for bards.
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:08 am

I would rather have my spontaneous casting than scribing, don't bards get that already?

Though I have no qualms about bards being able to scribe songs for other bards. I can tell you right now that this would need to be a hard code change because in order to brew or scribe you have to be able to have a spell memorized three times which is not recognised in coded bards even when they have the skillsets necessary.
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:50 am

Bards now have brew and scribe.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Gwain
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Gwain » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:25 am

Harroghty wrote:Bards now have brew and scribe.

I'm sort of happy to be wrong in this case :)
Justice is not neccesarily honourable, it is a tolerable business, in essence you tolerate honour until it impedes justice, then you do what is right.

Spelling is not necessarily correct :)
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:32 pm

You may be right. They have the skills now at least.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
hasryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by hasryn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:14 pm

Y'know I didn't even think of that else I'd probably not even rbought it up! lol. Well here or there if it doesn't was a good thought and thank you for implementing it Harroghty!
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Areia » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:43 am

Brew and scribe are on the bard's skills list, but since bards can't actually memorize spells, they cannot use these skills.

Just wanted to post this publically since I haven't seen it confirmed elsewhere and I'd hate to see bards paying loads of money for lessons only to find out it's not doable. Hope it helps! :)
Nascentes morimur, finisque ab origine pendet.