[Ongoing Event] Drow Roleplay Days

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:44 am

Will next weeks RP take place at the same time?
Jysrak Armgo of House Barrison Del'Armgo -MENZO-
Jys/rak: Jys = Hard, steel, unyielding, /rak = Chaos, storm, tempest
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:52 am

I am going to say a tentative yes, I think this was a good time. If there are any noisy objections, I can listen to them. We might also consider having it a day earlier, Thursday, which would also be fine for me, around the same time, but other people might have work the next day.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:57 am

Posting here to remind everyone that...

Bhaal wrote:
if you are participating, please try to log for a while each day you can, just to give other Drow a chance to interact with you regarding the RP.
This RP started off GREAT, lets keep it active. Hope ta see every one of ya soon!
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:14 am

I enjoyed the rp tonight very much. Found some males lacking in proper manners, and look forward to that rp. Was disappointed we didn't see many of the matrons about though, only one in fact. Thanks for dropping in Mez.

looking forward to the rest of it.
:o
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Mezbarris
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Mezbarris » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:55 am

I would have enjoyed to come earlier, and stay later. But work was getting in the way of my doing so. I'm sorry! :)

I'm afraid all Fridays will be that way, so have fun!
Jzexleth
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

This is great!

Post by Jzexleth » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:06 pm

As a drow who hasn't been on in, well, forever, I just want to say it's great to see activity in the drow areas. I look forward to the RP.
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:56 pm

Two more Drow added to the list as of tonight.

* Three more
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:38 am

Letting anyone curious know that due to this very early morning's events (Vasfryn's ignorance meing a major factor) Vasfryn will be unable to make it to any further RPs, though, I love playing drow so much I will be making another less-ignorant drow. Cya all later!
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:58 pm

Shynlae, Dirzbreen and Maynolu added to the group. If you want to join the RP and you haven't had a chance, you don't need to ask, just post the name of your Drow in this thread and try to be on and I'll meet up with you and give you your feather.

Edit - Finidinal added
Dapher
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Dapher » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:05 pm

This RP is a blast so far. It sure got me off my lazy butt, and onto my drow, which I am thankful for. It also looks like it has done the same for others as well.
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:00 am

Xesstra, Zaphara and Kryzkin added Sunday evening!
Lathander
Staff
Staff

Post by Lathander » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:22 am

Why make a new drow because of the IC ignorance of a different drow in your account? Why not use the ignorance rp to deepen the background of the PC's character?
Lathander,
Commander of Creativity
Jezz
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Jezz » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:39 am

Well the rules for this RP were spelled out well by Bhaal. However, nowhere that I read does it say you cannot have more than one participating drow involved, while yes it makes little sense since when it boils down to it they both cannot be online at the same time.

With respect to both Lathander and Velius I can understand that the the player of the drow may not want to play anymore due to how it RP turned out. We shouldn't give pressure to the player, I figure you most likely were not but to cover all the bases I will say it. Know this though Velius, I dont intend to lecture anyone on RP, even my own has many flaws but I too once made a mistake by removing a character I had created from a RP.

You have to understand that IMMs put time into events like this and to just opt a character out and ask for time to be spent on another one is somewhat rude. Now it's Bhaal's choice when it comes down to it, but remember we all put our RP together to write a story and contribute to the game, to remove a character from an event because you didnt like the outcome can be selfish and ruin not only your experience but others experience as well.

Again, I am only offering what I hope can be seen as constructive thoughts and hope you understand this isnt a personal attack on anyones RP methods.
Nedylene
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nedylene » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:21 am

I'll try to join you with my priestess Xynetra and see if I can give this drow female rp another shot =)
Xryon
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Xryon » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:08 am

I'll be happy to join in as well. Haven't had any real fun on Retol in a long time
Phata
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Phata » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:49 pm

The one thing I wish would have been part of the rules ...

That the priestess' can't just ask others for feathers.

Cause ... Well that defeats the purpose. If there is RP that leads to a priestess punishing and taking a feather, that'd be fine, but to just be like, I hear your part of this, I want your feather, that's messed up, cause IC there really is no arguement.

Despite the fact that the males are trained and raised to run military, if the Priestess orders it, they should follow by giving it over, which I think kind of ruins the competition ...

And ruins my plans for personal RP.

That's all I really have to say.
Bhaal
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Bhaal » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:03 pm

Just as an aside, if a Priestess is of another house, you absolutely should *not* give up your feather just because they ask. Think of it this way. If a Priestess of another House asked you to give her your sword, close your eyes and put your head down on the ground to be executed, you wouldn't do it. Males don't have it as easy as females, that is part of the Drow society, so in response they have to be smarter, cannier. I think the thing about that is that if a Priestess does this to you, you have to be smart about it. Claim that someone else already took your feather. You could also try to work with the priestess, offer your service to her in return for allowing you to keep your feather, work with her to take the feathers off of others. You could also try to get them where there are no witnesses, or out into the Underdark wilds, where their status as a Priestess doesn't mean much. But really, the Priestesses can only order you around as much as you're willing to follow, and a male's obedience only goes so far as their lives or their hoeps for glory. Priestesses themselves should beware using their status to demand too much from males, as they might make everyone upset with them.
Velius
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Velius » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:24 pm

*grins* Don't forget you are a male either. Be sly, don't want the priestesses to know you are lying, otherwise, heck, who knows the possibilities *chuckles as he walks off*
Akiren
Sword Bumbler
Sword Bumbler

Post by Akiren » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:04 am

I'd just like to write here to praise, not just Bhaal, but the other imms as well who are helping out for the supreme efforts in trying to bring the drows back to life. I've had plenty of fun on my drow the past few days and look forward to more. It's amazing to see when one types 'who' and for once, see only a few other races online and drows dominating the who list.

Just another addition, as for "lying" males, Velius brings out a good point about what Priestesses might do to them if found out, but on the contrary, males have been able to survive in drow society for eons, fuelled not only by being subservient and the need to survive, but also on wits and cunning. Lying would no doubt be part of their strategies.

Who knows, a male who might have lied and was found out, might even catch the attention of priestesses who value the male's ability and efforts to think and manipulate. *wink* After all, I see this is Forgotten Kingdoms, not Forgotten Realms. I think players who put effort into plotting and manipulating should be given credit for their efforts. Of course, this is just my opinion.
Pain be your deliverance
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:23 pm

Im going to try and be around at the same time again, but I cant gaurantee it. depenends on how things go at work.

Hope to see you all on time, :)
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide