Dwarves and Flying and Racial Stubbornness

To share knowledge about the world and links to useful resources.
Lerytha
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Dwarves and Flying and Racial Stubbornness

Post by Lerytha » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:52 pm

This isn't targetted at anyone, though.

This was an observation about current dwarf RP, and a reminder about a policy, from a concerned dwarf player. If I was playing a dwarf badly (and I've never been able to do that RP, just not good enough for the accent and the culture), I'd rather be gently reminded on a forum thread non-specifically than having a complaint against me from a player. I don't know what world it is if a complaint is seen as better than a forum post! :)
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.

--Sir Winston Churchill

"This place is boring, I'm gonna go eat whatever I can find laying on the ground"

-- Hoildric

Cacie asks Larethiel 'Did that air just bow to you?
Horace
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Horace » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:58 pm

That's a good point - you could always otell them as well...if you're really concerned about the quality of their roleplaying and you're interested in taking an active part in helping them ooc. Somehow I don't think that was the intent though - it's definitely in a complaint tone.

I just think it's silly to go around judging everyone's roleplay in regards of "cultural norms" and individual player characters.

Edit: I won't bother spamming any more posts. Everyone now knows how I feel on it, and it's something I feel strongly on. Players shouldn't police players on roleplay like this...it will only end in conflict.
Last edited by Horace on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Listen up! People pay good money to see this movie! When they go out to a theater they want cold sodas, hot popcorn, and no monsters in the projection booth! Do I have to come up there myself? Do you think the Gremsters can stand up to the Hulkster?
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:02 pm

Never suggested otherwise. I'm quite sure the imms will deal with abusers as they always have, quietly and effectively. No reason I can't rant a bit in a thread someone made about it though. :wink:
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.
Nysan
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Nysan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:08 pm

Horace wrote:That's a good point - you could always otell them as well...if you're really concerned about the quality of their roleplaying and you're interested in taking an active part in helping them ooc. Somehow I don't think that was the intent though - it's definitely in a complaint tone.
Careful with otells... The wrong tone or the wrong wording and it might be taken as poorly. The last thing some folks want to deal with is some stranger telling them "how to play" their character. Walking a mine field there. :mrgreen:
-Gilain- -Trilev- -Siros-

You do not need to change the world, merely leave it a little better than how you found it.