Player Status

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Beskytter
Sword Master
Sword Master

Re: Player Status

Post by Beskytter » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:17 am

I am volunteering to work with Chef Ramsey this week for the Elton John AIDs foundation Oscars after party. If I'm about, yay, if not... I'm likely filleting fish, or peeling carrots, or trying to nap for a few minutes.

Also, the wife and I are in the last two month stretch until the baby comes so we're packing the house and attempting to move. School, at least, is a stable 30hrs a week plus hw; Yay consistency!

Can't wait until the Oscars are over, then it's back to filming for my TV show!! :D :D :D

All in all, the area I'm building has slowed for now and my RP might be distracted or pushy to an end goal because time is limited if I have it at all.
I'm a raptor, doin' what I can, gonna eat everything till he appearance of man. Yo yo see me, I'm living below the soil. I'll be back, but I'm comin' as oil.
Estrild
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Estrild » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

When I said I'd be back January, it turns out that I am a super bad estimator at how long it takes to move into a place.
Estrild scoffs the rest of the bread before it can come up with a response.
Trillarel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Trillarel » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:37 pm

I forgot when I last posted here!
In the meantime, I found a trainee job so had no time for playing, then got sucked into coding my own roguelike AGAIN, so I'm so so sorry!
Terageld
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Terageld » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:22 pm

Y'all might have noticed my absence lately. I was busy preparing for the adventure of my life. I, *drumroll*, will be walking across the face of America, from Cleveland, Ohio to San Francisco, California. I leave in a few days. Having said that, I will be gone from the game for a while.
May ye all have smooth sailin'! This'll be Capt'n Terry signing off.
"There is nothing more invigorating than challenging the elements. The feel of wind and spray on one's face and the deck pitching beneath one's feet is the greatest feeling in the world."
And cats. I love cats.
Aishe
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Aishe » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:43 pm

Terageld wrote:Y'all might have noticed my absence lately. I was busy preparing for the adventure of my life. I, *drumroll*, will be walking across the face of America, from Cleveland, Ohio to San Francisco, California. I leave in a few days. Having said that, I will be gone from the game for a while.
May ye all have smooth sailin'! This'll be Capt'n Terry signing off.
Have fun and stay safe! And take lots of pictures! And post em! And eat lots of food! And we'll miss you!
Obstacles are those dreadful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
Siria
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Siria » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:45 pm

I am currently nowhere near a computer with Internet, so I can't play.
I also have no idea when this will change. Depends on when I'm allowed to go home again (it's up to the doctors to decide).
In the meantime those who have my google/icq information can feel free to contact me. I have my phone with me.

I'm deeply sorry for disappearing like this, especially since I just started having rp with people.
Ariala
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ariala » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:16 pm

I've been kind of here and there lately. Nursing school is kicking my ass. Now that I've developed somewhat of a rhythm for this semester I hope to be able to squeeze in some time once in a while! I miss you guys!
Three can keep a secret if two are dead.
teepo
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Player Status

Post by teepo » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:18 pm

So January seems to be a very rough month for me. I ended up with major bleeding in my brain. I had an AVM and it's caused Aphasia. I lost the majority use of the Right side of my body and am fighting to gain a lot of memory back. I was originally diagnosed with migraines but boy was that wrong. Its very hard to type and keep my thoughts focused so I won't be around for a long time. Possibly a year to 5 years. That's if I regain decent use of my right side. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew I wasn't just trying to bail. Take care.
------------------------------------------------
"Try to be a Rainbow in someone's cloud." ~ Maya Angelou
Aishe
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Aishe » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:01 am

Hey, take good care of yourself, and we'll be rooting for ya!!!
Obstacles are those dreadful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
Yemin
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Yemin » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:11 am

Live your life as best as you can friend and remember that doing your best is all one should ever be asked. Though, don't afraid to take it easy and be lazy when you need to either.

All the best.
I trained up double-edged bananas because the uber-plantain of doom I scored from the beehive quest was the best weapon in the game. Now it's being treated like a bug and they have gimped its damage! That's not fair! My character is ruined!
Andreas
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Andreas » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:05 am

Sending positive and healing thoughts your way, Teepo!
Helm keep thee.
Aticus
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Aticus » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:54 pm

teepo wrote:So January seems to be a very rough month for me. I ended up with major bleeding in my brain. I had an AVM and it's caused Aphasia. I lost the majority use of the Right side of my body and am fighting to gain a lot of memory back. I was originally diagnosed with migraines but boy was that wrong. Its very hard to type and keep my thoughts focused so I won't be around for a long time. Possibly a year to 5 years. That's if I regain decent use of my right side. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew I wasn't just trying to bail. Take care.
Oh, man, I'm very sorry to hear this. I was thinking of you and wondering where you went. We will definitely send positive energy, pray, goodmind, pocket, candles, and all other good things to you.

*WOLFHUGS*
Ka like the wind.
Hadwyn
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Post by Hadwyn » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:48 pm

Apologies for my lack of attention of late. There have been a great deal of work in the last few weeks between attending a friend's wedding, my cousin getting married, my girlfriend's sister's graduation, and my work adding 6-10 hours of time to my schedule a week. During all that, I have also been planning a vacation and purchasing a ring to propose to my girlfriend. I will be gone for the next six days to Jamaica and hopefully coming back the happiest of men. I will hopefully be more available soon.
Algon
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Algon » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:06 pm

Probably will not be around for a little bit. Sorry for any inconvenience. PM me if you need anything specific and I will try to make it happen.
Thanks.
Counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums. ~~~ Maynard
Kinal
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Kinal » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:54 pm

Heading to sunny CA to go to Disneyland for the weekend, PM me if you need me!
Technically, we're all half centaur.
Beskytter
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Beskytter » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Kinal wrote:Heading to sunny CA to go to Disneyland for the weekend, PM me if you need me!
Good luck and have fun! We're supposed to be getting more hot weather this weekend out here in Anaheim so be prepared with sun screen. I'm also fairly sure I saw signs for an event going on at the Convention Center so be prepared for parking issues as well.
I'm a raptor, doin' what I can, gonna eat everything till he appearance of man. Yo yo see me, I'm living below the soil. I'll be back, but I'm comin' as oil.
Ailyn
Sword Master
Sword Master

Post by Ailyn » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:25 pm

I am kind of taking a break from Ailyn, as well as FK in general for a short time. I will return, do not doubt. Just needing a break to work on some other things.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Valyn
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Valyn » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:21 am

Hi everyone,

So you may have noticed that I've been gone for a little while (August of last year.)

FK inspired me to get into the adventure bug in real life for a little while.

I ended up sailing all around the Puget Sound on a small sailboat which was given to me. That inspired me to learn more about sailing and I ended up moving to Hawaii for a while. They say that if you can sail here, you can sail anywhere - and I've already sailed between four islands, including the most dangerous ocean channel crossing in the world.

Life has been full of ups and downs, long periods of loneliness and lots of new friends. Overall the experience has been great, and has made my life into more of the adventure I had always dreamed about when playing RPGs - FK being the most prominent one in my life.

I popped in today on Reddin (the alt I built to channel my non-Elf tendencies for Valyn.) Some of you maybe also knew me as Morion. Maybe you know me from long ago, as Andeera or Sarvas.

And my closer friends (I think only a few of you) know my other alt, but I'll keep that one a secret and would appreciate that those of you who know to stay hush hush ;) It was a bit of a social experiment, and who knows when I'll be back. I trust that FK will still be here, as it was when I began playing at around age 12. (I'm 29 now.) I would like the experiment to continue!

Mark
Valyn
Last edited by Valyn on Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Areia
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Areia » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:47 am

I totally saw you pop on and was like "Yeeesss!"

You're missed, but very glad to hear everything's going well. :D Hope it keeps up and hope to run into you again soon.

P.S., I'd just like to say that I think all of you RL adventuring peeps out there are completely and utterly insane. Walking across the country.. Hiking on volcanoes... Yep, mad. <3
Nascentes morimur, finisque ab origine pendet.
hasryn
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by hasryn » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:36 pm

awesome! be careful on the Sea's she's a fickle woman! and have fun!