Squires Muster

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Squires Muster

Post by Alitar » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:45 pm

I'm in the same boat as Katheryn except it falls in line with me needing sleep for 12 hour night shifts. Maybe next time. :(
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:46 am

Added to calendar. Given the possibility that some folks might not make this muster, we plan to hold more of these in the next few weeks in the case that attendance is lackluster.
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Orplar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Orplar » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:34 pm

I'd love to attend these on a few of my characters, this time slot is just smack in the middle of my work day, and while I can idly work on somethings, I can't devote to extensive RP desrving of these events and interaction with other players. I hope to make the future ones
"Be bold and let your feet guide you upon your own path. With any Luck, you'll wind up in a fabulous place. Work upon your skills, perfect them. You will be rewarded as you want" - Orplar Leafall, Lucks Guide
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:39 am

Big thanks for holding this! I had a good time and got to meet a Knight I'd not yet encountered before. Additionally there was good conversation to be had. Sorry I was so tired guys, I probably should have been sleeping but all in all I'm happy I went instead! You'll be seeing alot more Alitar around and I'm excited to attend the next muster too!
"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armour. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time."
~Frank Miller
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:57 pm

*A new announcement is being tacked onto several noteboards*

Hear ye!
Let it be known to all interested pages, squires and to those wishing to pursue the path of knighthood, that you are hereby invited, again, into the Halls of Justice for an informal gathering to meet and greet with any knight available. In addition we shall discuss the process and current state of squires and pages and offer those seeking a sponsor the chance to learn about it. Furthermore we will speak about possible events to develope the training of pages and squires.

OOC: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... 22&p1=2020 A good chance to pick up on your (prospective) page, squire and knight.
Weit in der Champagne im Mittsommergrün,
dort, wo zwischen Grabkreuzen Mohnblumen blühn,
da flüstern die Gräser und wiegen sich leicht
im Wind, der sanft über das Gräberfeld streicht.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:03 pm

I should be clear to attend this. Looking forward to meeting any new squires and pages!
~Frank Miller
Tami
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Post by Tami » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:24 pm

What about someone who wishes to try to become a page, squire then Knight? I have a half-orc of Tyr that wishes to try to become a Knight
~Duraiz of Tyr
~Malupo of Loviatar
~Drazad of Oghma
~Hilmeran of Tymora
~Naren of Tymora
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:03 pm

The knighthood system we have largely equates knights to Paladins(with a few exceptions). HELP PALADIN will help you determine whether or not your race/faith are eligible for a Paladin (half orcs are not). If it is simply knighthood you seek for your character you will find that knighthood occurs outside of the Paladin class only very rarely and would be handled via application. I suggest reading the Paladin helpfile and all those related at the bottom of it if you are interested.
~Frank Miller
Katheryn
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Katheryn » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:41 pm

I will be in attendance and look forward to seeing everyone else!
Just because someone stumbles and loses their way does not mean they are lost forever. Sometimes we need a little help. It is the greatest gift we have - to be able to bear pain without breaking, and it's born of the most human power: Hope.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Sat May 03, 2014 8:41 am

Larethiel wrote:Let it be known to all interested pages, squires and to those wishing to pursue the path of knighthood, that you are hereby invited, again, into the Halls of Justice for an informal gathering to meet and greet with any knight available.
I would just like to emphasize this part here. If you are interested in the Knighthood/Paladin roleplay this is an excellent opportunity to learn about it. If you think you might consider making a squire later on but currently play a goodie, most any goodie would be welcome to attend this event. Sit-ins from people who are simply curious are not uncommon.

Also, just a reminder to everyone- Larethiel/Aramil is hosting this event in about 11 hours at the Halls of Justice! That's in/around noon for those players in North America.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... 22&p1=2020
~Frank Miller
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Sat May 03, 2014 7:22 pm

This starts in less than an hour :)
Katheryn
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Katheryn » Sun May 04, 2014 3:08 am

Thank you to everyone who attended! It was wonderful sharing these kinds of moments with others. :)
Just because someone stumbles and loses their way does not mean they are lost forever. Sometimes we need a little help. It is the greatest gift we have - to be able to bear pain without breaking, and it's born of the most human power: Hope.
Alitar
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Alitar » Sun May 04, 2014 9:06 am

Katheryn wrote:Thank you to everyone who attended! It was wonderful sharing these kinds of moments with others. :)
I'd just like to echo this sentiment. It was great to see everyone who attended. Hopefully the next one will have even more attendees!
~Frank Miller
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:13 am

To all those pages, squires, and any man or woman of good heart,

You are hereby invited to the Halls of Justice in one month's time to gather in an informal capacity with brothers and sisters of like spirit. To those who have been pursuing the path of knigthood but otherwise lack a sponsor, knight or otherwise, please join your fellow pages, squires, and knights at high sun to discuss and learn more of what bonds us together. A special invitation is extended to the armsmen of the Triad, with games of strategy and tactics to take place afterward (time pending).

Signed,
Sir Liric Alycari, B.D.K.

(ooc: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... =3094&ah=2 . I realize this is short notice but I intend to make these types of events available weekly. If you have special time zone restrictions or needs, please send me a PM so future events can be catered appropriately.)
"He served, but found no pride in service. He fought, but took no joy in victory. He drank, to drown his pain in a sea of wine... ...It was hate that drove him. Though he committed many sins, he never sought forgiveness."
Katheryn
Sword Novice
Sword Novice

Post by Katheryn » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:05 am

Unfortunately this is on hour three of my 8 hour shift at work, so Katheryn will not be in attendance.
Aldren
Staff
Staff

Post by Aldren » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:25 pm

Sir Liric Alycari will be available at this time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... =3094&ah=2

..at the Halls of Justice in Waterdeep for any current or hopeful page or squire (or knight!) to gather with those of like purpose.

I hope to see some folks out.

(edited and thank you to Raona for catching that this is Saturday, not Thursday).
Last edited by Aldren on Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larethiel
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Larethiel » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am

Sir Aramil will probably be in attendance, if I live to see the end of Thursday's early shift.
Last edited by Larethiel on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Post by Harroghty » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:20 am

Harroghty will potentially appear (weather and internet permitting).
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons
Briek
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Briek » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:27 am

All peoples of true & noble heart...

If you are seeking the path of a belted holy knight of your divine lord or lady but yet have no sponsor, I would like to extend that opportunity to you now.
Any man or woman wishing this should present themselves at the Halls of Justice.

Sir Briek
(OOC: I'm not going to set a time just yet, if anyone is interested you can contact me via PM or in game and then when I've got a good idea of the level of interest i'll set a date for a group event)
Briek
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Post by Briek » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:10 pm

Right well!

Interestingly over time it seems we've a had a change in the limiting factor in this two way RP.

Before and for years previously it was quite clearly the paladins being the limiting resource as there weren't enough paladins to cover the squires being played.

Now we seem to have a healthy number of active paladins and no squires (at the moment) probably because the "lead time" on creating paladins was significantly reduced.

I'll remain on call if anyone has a squire they would like to play or start playing a squire but for now, no more need for musters.